WTF just happened

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
That would have to be the weirdest game of rugby league i think i have ever seen,ill take the two points but jeez we need to improve on that to be premiership contenders.
After reading that article about our defensive gameplan maybe that is why we played the way we did today,concentrated on defence,we defended well.IMO Cherry Evans had a shocker,hopefully he was just having an off day,gift went well aswell as Lyon kite and Snake.
That no try to us in the first half that was disallowed,should have been a try and was a turning point in the game ie if it was allowed i think we would have gone onto scoree more points,anyway ill take the 2 points,but geez we need to improve on todays performance,what a strange game,almost as odd as what has happened to goulds hair....THOUGHTS?

OH yeah and the lopsided penalty count didnt help.

Gift, Matai had good games, how Foran got nines man of the match I wouldn't know.

I worry that DCE and Foran do have bad nights in the playmaking area. If that happens in the big games we will be in trouble.

Despite the penalty count, we had plenty of opportunity to put them away today and couldn't.

Penrith were ordinary too

No, I disagree. That was a defining performance. What other team could beat Penrith when so much went against us.
Cherry went OK; I don't see your point. All tackled their hearts out.
Penrith would have scored six tries against most teams today (perhaps not Melb or Illawarra); they threw the ball around and had a huge leg up from the officials.
Give the boys credit. One of our best wins this season imo.

I think the penalties were 10-3. And the no try from Foz stripping the ball forward into the player carrying the ball? No no no no no.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Gift, Matai had good games, how Foran got nines man of the match I wouldn't know.

I worry that DCE and Foran do have bad nights in the playmaking area. If that happens in the big games we will be in trouble.

Despite the penalty count, we had plenty of opportunity to put them away today and couldn't.

Penrith were ordinary too

It was just a very drab game of football. DCE did have a poor game (which is rare for him to be fair), but it was just a slow game today, with too many mistakes from both sides. The conditions did not help (we've had plenty of rain down Sydney way this week).
Defensively though we were outstanding and you do get these type games from time to time. I do agree though, we do have to step it up a gear or two if we are seriously going to compete with the likes of Melbourne and St George.

We couldn't buy a penalty, the refs were all over us and very lenient on them that was the main difference

Guess we back onto that `ole Form slump wagon` again.. :sleepy: ..
If other teams had form slumps like we did they would all be in the 8 . All the teams that have a chance of making the 8 in these last 6 rounds will have a go against any opposition..We were just better ..It was a good away win..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/manly-escape-with-ugly-win-over-panthers-20110724-1hv25.html

art_manly2-420x0.jpg

Penrith have an excellent record at home this year.

They had 17 players on the field (including the Pink Panthers and video ref who love blowing whistles).

Our boys defended very well. The amount of posession the penny puffs had normally wins them the game.

I was only concerned about our ordinary errors we made. So Dessy will get the boys to clean up that area.

To those who thought DCE was off his game today bear in mind he made 29 tackles, scored a ' try' and kicked very cleverly.

It could have been worse, we could have got beaten. I will take 2 points any way I can. You can't win pretty all the time

Daniel said:
We couldn't buy a penalty, the refs were all over us and very lenient on them that was the main difference

Dont take offence Dan, i totally agree with your call but this is becoming a common problem with poor decisions against the Seaeagles & i hate excuses. Appreciate recent threads where you have made the point that there is not a double standard or conspiracy & was of the same belief - however, after this latest incident its about 35 bad calls against & maybe 2 for & it does make you wonder???

MK Eagle said:
Daniel said:

I would agree but it's not just us, they were woeful across the entire round

Dont take offence Dan, i totally agree with your call but this is becoming a common problem with poor decisions against the Seaeagles & i hate excuses. Appreciate recent threads where you have made the point that there is not a double standard or conspiracy & was of the same belief - however, after this latest incident its about 35 bad calls against & maybe 2 for & it does make you wonder???

It wasn't pretty, but I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty. There's plenty of improvement, but our defence was great to hold them to only two tries with the amount of ball they had. And the Refs did them plenty of favours as well with penalties.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

I think that was a tough win in hard circumstances. Pretty happy actually. Penrith had so many sets of 6 in our 20. Be proud.

I think we all need take a cold shower. I just watched the game and we were doing all we had to do to win. Penriff were up big time for this game, they had an avalanche of penalties, 56% of the possession and we had a dead set try disallowed.

My sense for what it's worth is that Dessie doesn't give a rats rear end about for and against, just wants to do enough to win right now and will hit the "go" button about three weeks out from the finals.

It's all good guy's!!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8