1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtf is going on?!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matais Shoulder, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Matais Shoulder

Matais Shoulder Member

+7 / 2
    RTS to the Warriors?
    Beau Scott to the Eels?
    Aiden Sezer to the Titans?

Why are we not signing anyone?

So we not have well over $1m to spend?

What could the reason be for a lack of signings? Is our recruitment not up to scratch or is our club lacking appeal to potential signings?

Weren't we in the running for Sezer? What happened there? He picked Canberra and Ricky Stuart over us for crying out loud!!

And wtf happened to this Tom Burgess talk? Who are we making a play for? Don't tell me a young kid like Elgey is supposed to be our marquee signing.

Times running out, as each day goes by there is less options available to us. Are we going to sign anyone of relevance or are we just digging ourselves into a bigger hole?

Very frustrated to see other teams sign players.
  2. Matais Shoulder

Matais Shoulder Member

+7 / 2
    Sorry that should read Sezer to Raiders.
  3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    +5,131 / 99
    To be the savour Penn needs us to be in deep peril so he can pull us out of the latest situation. He probably is jealous of Max Delmege saving the club.
  4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

+1,239 / 7
    Knitting needles can seem like dangerous chopsticks to the disturbed.
  5. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

+180 / 9
    Maybe we are waiting to see what the nrl is doing in regards to the interchange rules for next year. If they reduce to 6, the strategy will need to change big time. If the rule change's teams like souffs and dogs will struggle
  6. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

+1,396 / 12
    I thought this thread would be about living in a world where the Broncos and Sharks can win games and we can't. I mean, really, WTF is going on?
  7. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

+240 / 8
    I'm really not that concerned! Beau Scott is a grub, sezer is woeful, RTS was never on our radar! Yes disappointed about Tom burgess! I think we will make a solid play for Maloney and James tamou along with Mose masoe! But really not to worried about us not signing players that probably aren't a priority for the club!
  8. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

+3,302 / 51
    I am not losing any sleep over losing out on those players, If Parra and Canberra chose to pay overs for them fair dues. We need to be careful with our next round of recruitment.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    +326 / 17
    I'm not that sure. But with DCE, Foran, Choc, glen Stewart. We should have well over 2 million to spend with signing some of our young players too. Come on guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

+934 / 40
    We have the perfect 6 interchange forward pack already. Don't need any more burgesses buggering it up. Watch Sao and traboievic come into their own once props become footballers again instead. George and Tom will need to fake a death so that Souths can get enough out of them for sixty minutes.
  11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

+3,459 / 128
    you know what we need, a thread about our signing options to match this, the first about not signing anyone for the last 2 weeks
  12. Padicus Maximus

Padicus Maximus Member

+18 / 0
    FYI, nobody has gone yet - we have time to turn one/both around. Personally, I can't believe that once "the band is back together", that we will not be competitive. While we certainly do not have the best forward pack, at full strength, we certainly have the best back line. Guaranteed we will win more than we lose this year. I know our champion lads may be going, but please, to think they will perform poorly for the rest of the year whilst part of the mighty MWSE, in spite, is ludicrous - they know that the mighty MWSE made them champions and they WILL repay that investment with the effort necessary to see the mighty MWSE flag fly as high as it always has!

I have it on good authority that we're far from done yet.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

+2,423 / 115
    My concern is there doesn't seem to be a lot of motivation at the club (for obvious reasons). Our most important players no longer really care what happens, and the ones that do, are not talented enough to turn things around on their own. Unless these guys can find the desire to win, we will be contending for the spoon, not the 8.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Padicus Maximus

Padicus Maximus Member

+18 / 0
    Stay strong "Snake", we're not done with yet. Broncs beat the Roosters (so called premiership favs), Rabbits have got troubles, others have issues too (and many are going to have more issues come SOO - more than we will have). We're only one win out of the 8! All the team can deal with is the coming game, and I reckon we're good things!
    • Like Like x 1