Writing on the wall for Toovey it seems

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As much as I dislike foran I don't think he is having any trouble standing by his decision.

LOL! Really? He's going to a club coming last, with a poisonous board, a half million fine hanging over it for salary cap breaches, a 30 year history of mediocrity, a coach holding on by a thread and apparently a playing group that is likening the atmosphere at training to being in a concentration camp. Yeah, Mavin, spot on, we are far worse!

LOL! Really? He's going to a club coming last, with a poisonous board, a half million fine hanging over it for salary cap breaches, a 30 year history of mediocrity, a coach holding on by a thread and apparently a playing group that is likening the atmosphere at training to being in a concentration camp. Yeah, Mavin, spot on, we are far worse!

Did you even bother reading what I posted? I was responding 2 a poster who said he was having trouble standing by his decision I never said he was going 2 a great club or was doing it for any other reason than money. What has my post responding 2 another post got 2 do with what you just wrote?

...As I wrote in the Cherrygraph thread..........You have to be Manly, to succeed as coach at Manly. History has shown this. Barrett will burst into flames as soon as he puts any article of Manly clothing on.

Tooves is Manly to his core. His sacking, if true, will be one of the blackest days in this clubs history.

...As I wrote in the Cherrygraph thread..........You have to be Manly, to succeed as coach at Manly. History has shown this. Barrett will burst into flames as soon as he puts any article of Manly clothing on.

Tooves is Manly to his core. His sacking, if true, will be one of the blackest days in this clubs history.

That's wrong and you are re writing history. Graham Lowe finals in 90 and 91 I would call that mildly successful coached us for 70 games 40 wins 3 draws and 27 loses 57% winning percentage and he never laced on a boot for us.

That's your opinion Mavin. I respectfully disagree. Barrett can f*** right off.
Ivan Cleary I could live with. But Tooves should not be shafted. The guy deserves to be treated with some respect.

He will be if he wasn't a manly legend he would have been punted earlier he will be paid out and given a job.

That's wrong and you are re writing history. Graham Lowe finals in 90 and 91 I would call that mildly successful coached us for 70 games 40 wins 3 draws and 27 loses 57% winning percentage and he never laced on a boot for us.

You just spelled it out - we always make the finals don't we?
The difference between succeed and mildly successful - The Lowe coached sides of 90-91 went out in straight sets. Tooves has at least made a GF.

I really hope the club treats one of our living legends with the utmost respect, and the best possible/ least divisive outcome is achieved, but his coaching career with MWSE is as good as over.

It has been bleeding obvious for ages now that Tooves is a goner.

And in reality, coaching is a results based business, and the last 12 months haven't been great. Very hard to see it any other way, objectively

He was a goner before round 1. I and others posted it here many times.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Bozo is the one that said coaches should move on after three years. He may have told Geoff it's time and Tooves may agree rather than put up with the crap he has to. Surely there are better ways to spend your time.

I also don't think a replacement needs to be ex Manly. Just get the best ****ing person for the job like any decent organisation would.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...t-set-to-replace-toovey-the-question-is-when/

Both Josh Massoud of Channel 7 and Brent Read from the Australian report it is 'inevitable' that Barrett will take over from Toovey.

Massoud told Channel 7 that if Manly lose both of their next two games against the Broncos and Cowboys then 'there is every change Barrett will take over straightaway and Toovey will lose his job.'

---------------------------------------

The Sea Eagles have a bye after those two games so it would be a logical time for a mid season change, however Ready stated they would 'have to pay him (Toovey) out and they don't have a lot of money.'

The two journalists agreed that if the change is not done now then it will be completed at the end of the season with Bill Harrigan adding 'when the rumour mill gets started, you know your time is coming.'

The Fox Sports Interview from the airport is not up yet.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video

Penriff had better bloody win tonight :swear: I want to see Choc suffer as he is a big part of 2v's demise :punch:

If the current Manly owners really think that Trent Barrett is the answer to problems almost entirely of their own making, we're in more trouble than I thought.
Whatever happens, it appears certain that Tooves' time is up. There was a picture of him with the 'Manly 1500' cake on the back of the "Manly Daily" this week and he sure as hell looked like a guy who'd been told to move on.
For one reason or another, Zorba wants him gone. Maybe Tooves got between him and a prawn cocktail at the leagues club sometime in the early 90s. Maybe it was a chiko roll. Who knows? It's going to be interesting to see how the Penns apply their masterful management skills to this one…

Bozo is only there to appease the supporters, who think that whatever the great man does is in Manly's best interest. He is being paid by Penn & Co to do there dirty work.
Sorry, I said at the start Bozo is not the man anymore to take us forward, but Penn, Zorba and Co appear to be on a mission to be break the culture apart, a culture that no other team has ever ever ever had.
Me, my opinion, which means nothing to the club, hate the way this joint is being run, destabilised and crushed. We have lost everything that makes us different to the others....Never before have I seen us in such a sh1t state.

Really, this wouldn't be that different to Madrid punting Carlo Ancelotti. He won a friggen Champs League a year ago, gets knocked out in the semis this year and gets punted.

When coaching legendary teams you're held to a higher standard. Losing isn't accepted.

Did you even bother reading what I posted? I was responding 2 a poster who said he was having trouble standing by his decision I never said he was going 2 a great club or was doing it for any other reason than money. What has my post responding 2 another post got 2 do with what you just wrote?

Hey? Where did i say that you were suggesting that he was going to a great club, or was going for anything other than money? You were implying that our problems somehow made his parra decision an 'untroubled' one. I reckon the guy's sh.tting himself for the reasons given.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4