Wow all of a sudden...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Just two games off 5th, a bye to get troops back, followed by two games against Newcastle and Penrith and Brookvale.

Plus after that Brisbane and Nth Qld during he sting of Origin.

Manly back on track?

NYEagle

Toovey_Staying_Alive.jpg

From the MWSE FB Page :rofl:

Teams are going on winning and losing runs. Souffs and Easts - the two pre-season favourites - have lost 3-4 on the trot. Even they find it hard to win when they have key players injured.

Just two games off 5th, a bye to get troops back, followed by two games against Newcastle and Penrith and Brookvale.

Manly back on track?

NYEagle
Ask me that question after our next 4 games, If we can win at least 3, we are back in the hunt. We are fortunate that some of the other so called guns are dropping games, we MUST win our next 2 at home.

Teams are going on winning and losing runs. Souffs and Easts - the two pre-season favourites - have lost 3-4 on the trot. Even they find it hard to win when they have key players injured.
Forget Souths and Easts losing. Purely coincidence, certainly doesn't prove the comp is more even than ever.
As for our losses, on the other hand, there is only one explanation: cancerous and dishonest players, lack of heart, and a coach who cannot coach.
Several thousand Silvertails posts can't be wrong...

Haha we still might fall in a hole but I seriously doubt it.
But I really hope we have no further season-ending injuries, it's only early and already looks like we've already lost Buhrer, Lawrence and Gutherson.

Manly back on track?

NYEagle
Ask me that question after we're premiers

Wouldn't it just shove it right up everyone if we actually went on a tear and ended up as premiers :D
We be great too see. You look at teams like st merge and the raiders, don't have strong teams, but have commitment, confidence and pride in the jersey. I think we have better teams then them and with the win last night shows we do have the the commitment and confidence as well. Here's hoping this is the start of what we all want.

I like how last couple of weeks everyones been saying oh how bad manly are 5 losses in a row, yeah well roosters now on a 4 losing streak and rabbits on a 3 losing streak and they only have 2-3 main injuries. But cause its souths and roosters no-ones saying anything, i think the NRL would hand out fines to people who said something bad about souths or roosters

Last edited:
Also at the time we thought the losses to the Raiders and Dragons were terrible and they were but the form through those two teams proved pretty strong so combined with the injuries we are well positioned to rebound.

theres no doubt the 2nd half against Storm was a considerable improvement, but our first half was still very ordinary, below First grade standard. Lets not get too excited. Yet. When the going gets tough there is still a considerable gap between the top teams and us. We found that out late last year in those two encounters with the Wabbits.

Eagle I wouldn't say our first half was ordinary against Melbourne. There was some really good effort in defence there - but you are right there were a few times even still when the defence was completely split open - so there is a ways to go.

What excites me was having Tafua back and also Stewart really got the edges watertight again with that ability to slide, so it gave the middle forwards opportunity to compress and tighten up the middle.

With more healthy troops back in two weeks and current players putting their feet up and watching the rep games and healing there is hope for some flow on to this. Looking forward to it.

The only only one actually listed to definitely play next weekend (Foran) actually needs to play as he has been way down on form and needs the lift in spirit.

NYEagle

We play the rabbitohs in round 16. Between now and then we have 5 games, 3 at home and 2 in Queensland, and 2 byes.
If we could win all our home games (knights, panthers and tigers) and steal an away win from one of the origin ravaged Queensland sides then I would be over the moon.
I'm probably dreaming but with the byes in there it's not out of this world to think we could be on 16 points with eleven rounds to go and with 6 home games remaining.
Of course, this would all require a fortunate run of injuries and our boys to put in consistently good efforts.

Yes that's exactly the benchmark I have in my head right now.
3 out of the next 4.
One game at time starting Sunday week at Brookie!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6