Wounded Eagle seeks revenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Refer:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24120419-23214,00.html

Wounded Eagle seeks revenge

August 03, 2008

MANLY back-rower Anthony Watmough says redemption for last year's grand final loss can only come by beating Melbourne Storm to this year's title.
Still scarred by last year's decider, Watmough is desperate to return from a knee injury for Friday night's top-of-the-table blockbuster against the Storm at Brookvale Oval.

The Sea Eagles beat the Panthers 30-10 on Friday night, while at the same time Melbourne were busy demolishing an under-strength Titans side 44-4, setting up Friday's mouth-watering clash.

While he declared the Sea Eagles and the Storm to be the top two teams in the comp, Watmough baulked when asked if Friday's contest alone would determine who was best.

"I think October will decide that," Watmough said.

"There'll definitely be talk about whoever wins this will probably be the favourite but there's still four games to go after this one (before the finals)."

Since Manly beat Melbourne 13-12 at Brookvale last year, the Storm have bashed the Sea Eagles by a total 60-12 in their past two matches - including the 34-8 grand final win.

"We've definitely got the motivation from last year, as much as you don't like to say it," Watmough said.

"We weren't at our best the last two games by any means. We were probably 20 per cent off where we should be and if you're that far off against a team like Melbourne, they're going to put points on you."

Watmough had an arthroscopy on his knee last Monday but is set to resume running on Monday, and he has personal demons to confront against Melbourne.

He has questioned whether his disappointing performance in last year's grand final cost him a place in the Australian team. He was one of five Manly players named in the initial Australian World Cup squad on Friday.

"I'm not saying I played myself out of a jersey (last year) but I definitely didn't do my chances any good by under-performing in the big one," Watmough said.

"It definitely went to another level and I don't think personally I played to that level.

"Them things happen, it was just a shame it had to happen in the big one.

"I know I was really close last year (to the Australian team) and that's another part that's made me extra hungry this year."

Not sure if Watmough will play only time will tell ? i hope he is fit to play. But i'm sure Dessie wont risk playing him if he's not a 100%.We can beat the Storm we have showed that. We have to win this week to keep our chances alive of taking out the Minor Premiership. Let's hope Cam shaft keeps on track by missing more goals i think he missed something like 4 or 5 goals ? last week against the Titans.

262m5nk.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7