Wouldn't it be nice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Newcastle stadium to get $20m upgrade

Newcastle's NRL and A-League teams have received a boost with the NSW government granting a further $20 million to redevelop and upgrade EnergyAustralia Stadium.

The three-stage development will modernised the dated stadium facilities and replace the existing western grandstand, increasing the crowd capacity from 33,000 to 40,000 by the end of 2010.

Newcastle NRL club chief executive Steve Burraston said the facelift will bring Newcastle's stadium to a world-class standard.

"This will put Newcastle on the map as a world class sporting and entertainment venue," said Burraston.

"In a time when rugby league clubs are struggling to survive the new stadium will give us an opportunity to sell better seating and corporate facilities to a larger audience and assist with our longevity.

"This puts us in the same league as the likes of the Broncos who have Suncorp Stadium or the Titans who have Skilled Stadium."

Construction has already begun on stage one of the developments, with stages two and three to continue through until the end of 2010.

As much as I would love Brookie to get funding to makes sense for it to go to Newcastle over somewhere like Brookie or Shark Park etc.  Sydney has a number of sporting venues where as in Newcastle EA is it.

We would only need half that, this really takes the cake in terms pork barrelling

I agree Fro why waste it on people who are going to die anyway and also university students who spend years studying only never to use their education in a job relating to it.

On another note I saw on the news last night that only 40% of Uni qualified teachers actually end up being teachers..........

Another question to be asked is why do Leichhardt (3 games a year and 20 mins from Homebush) and Kogarah (5 games a year) get funding when Manly can't get a razoo?

Happy for Newcastle as a regional centre to get the funding but Brookie is important and needy too!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7