1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you rather have been there?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MadMarcus, Oct 6, 2014.

1. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,821 / 53
    It could have easily been is in the Dogs shoes yesterday and to be honest I think it would have been a similar result.

Would you rather have been there and lost the GF to Souths or was it better going out the way we did?

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    A GF Loss is heartbreaking, i prefer to be bundled out beforehand then loss the big one.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,821 / 53
    I think you are right @torana355

The only thing that gets me is people thinking the Bulldogs had a better year than us...

4. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Nobody cares about the GF loser. The dogs are already forgotten lol.

5. Silver Eagle

Silver Eagle Active Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    Rather lose in the finals then grand final we have lost 2 many grand finals over the years

6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,795 / 58
    Are you asking would we rather have been there...knowing we were going to lose...

Or would we rather be in a gf?

Ah but you believe we would've lost.

Sheesh

erm

I'd rather be there as anything can happen on gf day!!!

7. Nuttybott

Nuttybott Active Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 1
    They were already forgotten before the game...at least, that was the impression I got from the media's shamefully biased coverage of the GF. Channel 9 appeared to mention them only as an afterthought in the otherwise uninterrupted Souths love fest: "oh yeah, there's another team in this too...what were they called again?" :dodgy:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    While quite a lot of our squad deserved to be there, the behavior of others told me they didn't deserve it, so no. At least the Bulldogs looked united off the field.

9. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I think we would have also been belted if we had played.

The vermin stepped up against us in August and again in the finals where we were a distinct 2nd best.

We could not match their power game and that is something that we really need to improve in 2015

10. Nuttybott

Nuttybott Active Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 1
    Would I rather get to the Grand Final and lose? No.

Getting over a semi-final loss takes about 10 mins. Getting over a GF loss takes the whole off-season...

11. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    At full strength, in form, we beat them. I just think we are better across the park, even if our forwards are a little light on.

However... I'm struggling to think of a single game where we played 80 minutes with a full strength squad. I'm damn sure we didn't put in a single 80 minute performance this year?? A few great halves yes, but no truly strong 80 minute game.

Put Gift, Buhrer, Ballin and Watmough in our squad.. Heck add in Fa'aoso whom we lost before a whistle was blown and we are a strong squad, backed up with a classy backline..

Alas, it never happened. 2014, the season that "could have, should have, would have" been :(

12. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    Someone made the point that the Dogs will go into NRL history as the team Souths beat to break their GF drought.
    No one wants that title.