Would you have Foran in 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Foran or Walker, Tapau and Myles

• Foran

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Walker, Tapau and Myles

Votes: 44 97.8%

• Total voters

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
As a hypothetical, let's say Foran never bashed the club and played hard throughout 2015.

Now, with that said, would you want him in our 2016 side on his reported 1.2mil cap hit or would you rather Tapau, Walker and Myles on roughly the same money? (Maybe slightly more)

I'm just glad our terrible medical staff had their hands on him for as many years as they did and he went to Parra for stupid money. Like some Westie coming to the northern beaches to buy a car and not realising it's been parked outside forever and is a rusty piece of ****...

If we had Foran we wouldn't need Walker. We would still need Myles and Kapow with or without Foran, as our pack got owned a fair bit last year. So to answer your question I don't believe we are any worse off with current situation so I'm happy with him moving on, as great a player as he is when in form.

I'm just glad our terrible medical staff had their hands on him for as many years as they did and he went to Parra for stupid money. Like some Westie coming to the northern beaches to buy a car and not realising it's been parked outside forever and is a rusty piece of ****...
LOL. That was Choc !! Thrashed every weekend and put a way wet for 10 years, then given a detail and a new front end (face) and sold for top dollar.

Very tough hypothetical, as that little turds actions, his lying, the words against tooveys coaching, his indecision against a club that made him etc, have entirely tainted my view of him (and I do not want him back).

Let's just say this - I am enjoying supporting the Eagles so much more now, simply because he's not in the team. And we're yet to play a game

Foran is not worth $1.3m a year and they way he has played and acted over the past 2 years he has shown the maturity and intelligence of a two year old petulant child who needs a good thrashing

Foran is a good player but he is not worth the money he is on for a half with no long kicking game. Some added grunt to the pack is what was needed from last year.

Like him or not on his day and his day he was f.....g good . On his off day when he didnt want to be there i could put my hand through the tele and rip him out of there . I'll take the latter players and hope they dont s..t on us.

I really don't think we could of afforded Cherry and Foran and had enough cap left over to surround them with a go forward pack, quality backs and almost as important these days, solid depth. Thoughts people?

Foran has forever tainted my view of him....however I will try and be objective.

The Foran of a few years ago was a player I admired, he seemed to have heart (which is what made his attitude in his last 18mths so hard to swallow) but even that Foran was not worth 1.2m a year. Foran to me always seemed like a lock with some ball playing, or a tough as teak 5/8 that could really lead the line. He didn't however have the x factor or the ability to really dominate games. To me in his heyday he did the best he could out of his ability, and anything he lacked we overlooked because of his heart (God that kills me).

The style of player we have been missing for the last few years is a real enforcer. In years gone by we didn't really need it, we had a pack of aggressive players, no stand out, just a pack with Gift, Choc, Kitey, Kingy, Perry etc. so to me Taupau is exactly what this team needs. And his aggression will rub off on the players around him.

I'm not going to bag Foz and things are never quite so simple but I think part of it is he's been carrying a bad injury for a long time and playing in games he probably shouldn't have (not the only one). He was pushing for better rehab/facilities if he stayed. In respect of "heart" he has said over the years that Watmough inspired him to lift through the pain and it wouldn't surprise me if he missed him last year and why he's so keen to join him at Parradownthaladda. If they both stay on the paddock I think they will add a lot to that team.

And speaking of "heart" I just can't recall ever getting the feeling that DCE has ever given less than the best he can when playing for us, even after committing to another club. Maybe mercenary, more likely consummate professional sportsperson. He's the type of player that can be signed on a lifetime contract, and glad he is.

We're better off

He's almost doubled what he's worth a season in cash

I'd start the bidding at $600k and have a ceiling of around $800k

He's an injury liability due to his stature and playstyle and on top of that he can't steer the team

I think the key with Foran is that a star 5/8 can be replaced easier than a star 1/2. We were never going to be able to afford both and still field a competitive side around them. So the club went all in on DCE and built a side around him. I think if they had done the same with Foran rather than DCE we would not be in as good a position.
I believe Walker is going to open up chances for Lyon and Matai due to his speed sucking defenders in. Myles is going to add much needed experience to what will be a young forward pack and Tapau and Lussick add someuch needed fear factor we have been missing since 2011.

I feel Foran is going to be in for a real shock this year as he won't have the class players around him like he has had at Manly. You can see the same thing happened to Hoppa Jnr the last 2 years. Manly players knew each inside out and some of their plays were just a delight to watch. It came from years of playing together. If Parramatta think the same thing will happen straight away they too might be in for the same shock. It will take time for him to click with the other players and he is also injury prone.

If (and that's a very big IF) he was 200% committed to it, was in form and healthy, then after Killer and/or Skivy retired I'd consider it. But otherwise......

He can take his sooky-la-la attitude to Pirtek Stadium and shove it where the sun don't shine!!!!!

If anyone at Manly had any right to be dirty after what happened with Gifty then it was Snake. Sure there are rumours that he wasn't happy and is in league with Zorba and co, but unlike Foreign he didn't let it affect his on-field performances. He was still leading from the front (as much as a fullback can anyway).

Apart from maybe 4 or 5 games at best, Foreign's last 18 months here was a joke (unless it was in a NZ jumper). He pretty much had the club believing it was worth trying to re-sign him when all the while he had no intention of staying (for some reason the club couldn't see what us fans could - he wanted out). And by focusing on him the club almost ended up losing DCE as well until Bozo stepped in.

And I personally think his missus' "karma" comment had a lot to do with the fact that he was trying to screw Manly over after Gifty was let go. It didn't take overly long after DCE announced that he was off to the Tits for him to announce he was also going. We may have ended up keeping DCE, but its going to cost us a lot more than it should have if more energy had been put into signing him at the end of 2014. Energy that was wasted on Foreign.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2