Would you do it?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Throw coins at your own team?
Manly have had their lean times,
but at no stage did I think..
"**** it I'm gunna throw a cpl 50 cent coins at these bastards!"
Low act IMO.

Who'd do that? For one, it would be classed as assault with a weapon, and someone could do prison time. Secondly, one would have to struggle as a human being.

I'm assuming Parramatta supporters did this. So people know, they also threw coins at Jamie Lyon when he first played back there.

I'd love to see someone do time if it occurred.

It's a SPORT FFS.

I was thinking about the booing today and how bad that must be for the slimy eels. I've never booed Manly or thought about it let alone throw coins.

Never would I do that to my team. Even in those dark years I still stuck by them.

Wasn't it eels fans who threw coins at Lyon at Parra stadium years ago?

Never knew they had enough money to be literally throwing it away like that

If I was a parra supporter then yes I would probably be retarted enough to throw coins at players

Its disgusting really. How can you call yourself a fan if your throwing coins at the very team you support.

manlyfan76 said:
I was thinking about the booing today and how bad that must be for the slimy eels. I've never booed Manly or thought about it let alone throw coins.

Seen them booed off at half time at brookvale one day against the Dogs in the early Eighties getting beaten to nil and then turning it around and winning.

Seen Cliff Lyons roundly booed a few times in the early years of his career. He was hopeless then a superstar.

bob dylan said:
manlyfan76 said:

Seen them booed off at half time at brookvale one day against the Dogs in the early Eighties getting beaten to nil and then turning it around and winning.

Seen Cliff Lyons roundly booed a few times in the early years of his career. He was hopeless then a superstar.
Back in the 80s we didn't have this forum to boo players.

Why 50c coins? are they trying to inflict the worst pain possible as I'm sure it would fkn hurt like hell getting hit with a coin that big, especially near the head.

Even after we got towled by Cronulla by 70 points in 2005 I think it was?? the thought of throwing anything at the players never entered my mind - especially solid pieces of nickel....I wouldn't even expect that from Bulldogs fans.

Parra has been throwing away money for years. I guess their fans think it may help them get under the salary cap.

Had thoughts about chucking at a few Kiwis! Kevin and Tony Iro, Matai (a few years ago) Gene Ngamu ring a bell but kept the coins in the pocket.

If you throw too much we might break teh salary cap....But like soneone said today, they reckon Searle jumped the fence and picked em all up......lol

I don't understand this kind of logic from fans but then again it's not very logical to follow parra.
I have a memory of watching a game sometime in the early noughties when Manly were pretty hopeless. They were getting smashed and finally scored a try or two towards the end. I leapt around my loungeroom like we'd won a Grand Final.
I also remember one year where we didn't win a game 'til round seven then won in golden point against the eels at Brookie. That was another Grand Final type celebration for me.
Parra fans must be hurting atm, but throwing coins.....stupid and disloyal.

Manly fans tend to head to the club for a quiet drink prior to games at Brookvale. Here is what a standard pre-game morning for a Parramatta fan looks like:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-KkBeVocmI

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4