Would u be prepared to lose Matai to keep Hoddo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would u be prepared to lose Matai to keep Hoddo?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters

chrisos

Reserve Grader
I know its hypothetical,but I think we have to retain Hoddo,but if it came at the cost of Matai? What are your thoughts? ???
I'm interested in what u guys reckon on this.

Yes I would.  I love Matai and he does great work but halves are hard to find and we have Whare, Davey etc coming through the 20's so would understand if we had to lose someone like Matai to keep Trent.

Garts link said:
Yes I would.  I love Matai and he does great work but halves are hard to find and we have Whare, Davey etc coming through the 20's so would understand if we had to lose someone like Matai to keep Trent.

Agree 100%.. took us this long to find a good halves pairing..  we have Whare in reserve

It would be a huge shame given Matai's footy this year but yes.  If we lose Trent then it'd be either Foran/Lyon which would work but not as well or we'd have to pay massive coin for another halfback.

I think Trent is a definite for rookie of the year unless he somehow starts playing terrible.  His combo with Foran would be making other clubs jealous.  A super young halves pairing that's firing after only 7 games.  These two could lead us to a thousand premierships!

Tough one.

Matai is no superstar but I have doubts whether we would be as much of a force without him. His dummy half running is sensational and we build a game on the back of that. Although he might make the odd mistake in defence I think his defence definately has more positives than negatives in it.

I don't want to lose either of them!!

Send Perry out 1st before those 2. Class centres and halfbacks are hard to find and we have 2 relatively young ones here. Matai still mid twenties and only getting better with more experience

Someone mentioned Rookie of the year, I think that is Gillette from Brisbane's to lose this season

Injuries might play a part. Fensom from the Raiders has also looked good before he got injured.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Send Perry out 1st before those 2. Class centres and halfbacks are hard to find and we have 2 relatively young ones here. Matai still mid twenties and only getting better with more experience

Someone mentioned Rookie of the year, I think that is Gillette from Brisbane's to lose this season
Probably get shot for saying this but I feel Perry is playing better than King this year. So if you were looking to cut anybody I could live with losing either King or Bailey.

I don't mind King's play personally, especially the aggression he is bringing into it. Yesterday he was going bloody hard into the tackles

I like all of our front rowers but with Perry being the one off contract I could live with him departing

We have a very good book-keeper and can easily keep both.  

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183220.msg261473#msg261473 date=1272862877]

Probably get shot for saying this but I feel Perry is playing better than King this year. So if you were looking to cut anybody I could live with losing either King or Bailey.

[/quote]

Perry was only 70 metres behind King yesterday but overall Perry has 37 metres more than King and Kite is 1 behind so pretty even between the 3.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
odd topic
as far as I know we have offers on the table for both
OK,yea this was just thrown in as i said as a hypothetical situation :D,the way matai is going this year,Man i want to see him re-signed!Everyone i have read here has good valid points too.
Kiwi Eagle:I agree for mine perry before Matai to go-Matai is maturing as a player now.-i could also live with Perry departing.
In saying that...
Garts:Also agree here-we have strong players coming through.
Anyone i missed,blah i have had afew but all good points,we are looking good.
BTW-got George Rose as a friend on facebook,he says he will be back round 12 so its all looking up.Also i have added Hoddo and awaiting friend conformation!
Any guesses what my first question to him will be? HAHA  8) ;) :-*

If were to lose Hodko, then im leaning towards saying yes, let Mattai go.

But its a very difficult question. We need the sting in defense that Mattai provides & if we lost him where would the replacement come from ?

Hope it doesnt happen, and both settle with us.

But if we only had one choice. halves are hard to find. Centres can be easily replaced.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6