WORST POSSIBLE Grand Final! Who Are you Going For and Why?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
I was initially hoping Souths would lose because of the OTT carry on that will immediately follow the breaking of the 42 year drought for the Pride of the League. Their fans are going to be too painful to deal with.

Then a few threads this week made me remember back to SuperLeague and how the Dogs dogged it and sold out. This basically led to Manly beginning their journey up $hit creek paddleless, culminating in their arrival at the Northern Eagles disaster. So the Dogs can get stuffed for their part in those dark days of our history.

I expect the Rabbits will pump them. I also hope it is a dirty, grubby, niggly, Can't Understand Normal Thinking of a game so the NRL can sit back and enjoy the showpiece of what the game has become. If we could see some heroic trips by Reynolds, some squirrel grips from Burgess, chicken wings from Te'o, James Graham doing his Tyson impersonation again, and of course Greg Inglis diving on his own head it would be great. Just a pity two of the best divers in the game will miss out on showcasing their skills. A nice riot in the crowd would top it off. Hope Rugby League is the real loser.

You forgot a sinkhole opening up and swallowing both teams, sets of supporters, match officials and NRL supremo's right at the end of the game......the perfect ending!!

StuBoot said:
The Indian said:
Rabbits for me - only because half way through the year I had a bad feeling not even Souths could throw it away again this year so I put some cash on them as "insurance" in case of the nightmare scenario of a Souths premiership. Even still I haven't really been cheering for them.

Its time to collect the insurance. This Grand Final is the biggest certainty of our generation. Cant see Souths losing. Bad luck De$.

Blood money.

Absolutely. I feel unclean collecting it.

I'll use some of the Rabbits money to renew my Manly membership - I think that's called "laundering " dirty money.

Vermin to win in this one.....shame both can't lose.....hmmmmm dogs....salary cap...coffs..des has-bo-ler...ruined our 2011 celebrations.....and super league scum.......compared to souths .....fans who will be like dragqueen fans in a couple of years. ...still talkin about the one premiership in 30 plus years.....is easily dismissed my manly fans as an anomaly. ...Maybe I just prefer the fully sik guys from belmore crying into their kebabs , as well as 2sm having to deal with with victorious vermin fans till the end of the year. ...eat a fat one tunksie

Mark from Brisbane said:
Thank god I live in Brisbane and we at least are not subjected to wall to wall Vermin or Scumdogs BS on radio, its bad enough that I get Donkeys crap year round.
Me too Mark. Non-stop donkey updates drive me bonkers.
I'm on the Gold Coast for school holidays though and there's many bunnies fans hopping about. You can't own a pet rabbit in QLD, $30,000 fine. I think this law should include rabbits supporter wear.

As few of us are enthused by this game (and I'm bored), let's approach this like ordering in a few take-aways......

Can I have two chicken wings,
A sent off sam burger, or if available, a sent off burger brothers combo,
A Canterbury krusher,
Two secret souths seasoned chips, with a spray of ice,
A happy Maguire meal,
And to finish, Souths 7-up please.

What's that? A De$tiny Dog? No, not this time.

Can these be delivered to Jude Ishary c/o NRL House, next Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks (and apologies)

EaglesDontTweet said:
As few of us are enthused by this game (and I'm bored), let's approach this like ordering in a few take-aways......

Can I have two chicken wings,
A sent off sam burger, or if available, a sent off burger brothers combo,
A Canterbury krusher,
Two secret souths seasoned chips, with a spray of ice,
A happy Maguire meal,
And to finish, Souths 7-up please.

What's that? A De$tiny Dog? No, not this time.

Can these be delivered to Jude Ishary c/o NRL House, next Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks (and apologies)

Oh id defiantly go the spear ribs.

A rabbit teo-masala would be nice and a wonton in a luke warm broth suspension. Mmmmm

Chip and Chase said:
I was initially hoping Souths would lose because of the OTT carry on that will immediately follow the breaking of the 42 year drought for the Pride of the League. Their fans are going to be too painful to deal with.

Then a few threads this week made me remember back to SuperLeague and how the Dogs dogged it and sold out. This basically led to Manly beginning their journey up $hit creek paddleless, culminating in their arrival at the Northern Eagles disaster. So the Dogs can get stuffed for their part in those dark days of our history.

I expect the Rabbits will pump them. I also hope it is a dirty, grubby, niggly, Can't Understand Normal Thinking of a game so the NRL can sit back and enjoy the showpiece of what the game has become. If we could see some heroic trips by Reynolds, some squirrel grips from Burgess, chicken wings from Te'o, James Graham doing his Tyson impersonation again, and of course Greg Inglis diving on his own head it would be great. Just a pity two of the best divers in the game will miss out on showcasing their skills. A nice riot in the crowd would top it off. Hope Rugby League is the real loser.
And with no hard feelings ;)
Nice balanced appraisal actually.
I prefer the underdogs simply to underline what a lottery the game has become. And because encouraging belief in fairy tales is quite dangerous in this day and age. Far healthier if people have to recognise injustice rules.

Don't shoot me down but as the week progresses along I'm starting to warm to the idea of a Rabbitohs win.

Mind you doesn't mean I like them, or think they haven't had a rails run, or not think that they MUST be over the cap, however if I had to chose I'd probably go with them.

They are at least not Super League, and it has been a VERY long time for them.

I can't actually say GO B, or even wish them luck, but lets just say if I want a team to lose more on Sunday it's those cheating, scumbag, dirty mongrel, flea bitten, De$ Ha$ler loving Scumdogs.

And I'll leave it at that

Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg

Best possible result

One way they can both lose is if the referees make a horrible, inexcusable, blatantly obvious blunder that decides the game.

One loses on the scoreboard and feels the subsequent pain. The wimner's victory is shrouded in controversy and will forever be remembered as the grand final they shouldn't have won.

That would be sweet.

Merdy33 said:
One way they can both lose is if the referees make a horrible, inexcusable, blatantly obvious blunder that decides the game.

One loses on the scoreboard and feels the subsequent pain. The wimner's victory is shrouded in controversy and will forever be remembered as the grand final they shouldn't have won.

That would be sweet.

Been hoping for this all week but I think it only works if the dogs win.

If Souths get help no matter how blatant it will just be ignored and at best the media will be like "oh well they were the best team all year" not that they were, or "they were due some luck isn't it great".

Brookie Brawler said:
If Souths get help no matter how blatant it will just be ignored and at best the media will be like "oh well they were the best team all year" not that they were, or "they were due some luck isn't it great".
I thought they were only the third best team all year?

Mark from Brisbane said:
Don't shoot me down but as the week progresses along I'm starting to warm to the idea of a Rabbitohs win.

Mind you doesn't mean I like them, or think they haven't had a rails run, or not think that they MUST be over the cap, however if I had to chose I'd probably go with them.

They are at least not Super League, and it has been a VERY long time for them.

I can't actually say GO B, or even wish them luck, but lets just say if I want a team to lose more on Sunday it's those cheating, scumbag, dirty mongrel, flea bitten, De$ Ha$ler loving Scumdogs.

And I'll leave it at that

It seems you are right Mark. I just read the papers this morning and souffs won. Inglis exploded and the NRL allowed Luke to celebrate on field. Julie Burgess was delighted because they did what she told them to do and won it for Isaac. They will be looking to go back to back to back and a new Golden Era has begun for them so we all might as well not bother turning up next year.

The only thing I couldn't see was the final score, can someone enlighten how much they won by, because it read like it was a flogging.

On the subject of Grand finals, caught some of the Fatty show, Fatty was giving Sportsbet a rap, Fatty said,
"Sportsbet were a benevolent society"
I would've thought they'd take way more than they give. :)

As I have said elsewhere, thank god I live in Brisbane, at least we don't get saturation Bunnies/Bulldogs on radio/TV and it's a blessing that we don't have a QLD team in.

Its sort of like the season is over up here.

I fly to Sydney tomorrow (Wedding on Sunday) so that's about to all change.

wedgetail eagle said:
On the subject of Grand finals, caught some of the Fatty show, Fatty was giving Sportsbet a rap, Fatty said,
"Sportsbet were a benevolent society"
I would've thought they'd take way more than they give. :)

I haven't watched that show for years, IMO the Fat Man is a complete tosser (on TV), I imagine he's not a bad bloke face to face away from that dribble.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7