Worst game of football I ever attended

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
What a passionless, morose, boring, inept piece of garbage rugby league game that was.
I don't think I have ever seen Manly play with as little passion as I saw tonight. Absolutely empty.
HOW MANY TIMES were MINUTES wasted slowly packing scrums, I think NOTHING happened between 12 minutes to go and 9 minutes to go. Absolutely DEAD.
I don't normally start threads on a common topics but I am filthy I spent money to see this crap and I want everyone to know about it. Even the crowd was in disbelief - I think there were more roosters fans festering the ground tonight, and they certainly had more passion because it looked like their team cared.

I can't say any more - bring back Brett Stewart.

NYEagle

Don't know if you recorded the match, but if you did fast forward to the Choc interview and you will see some passion in that

That feeling may have been at the ground live but it didn't come across on TV, they say defence shows attitude and both teams scrambled well tonight

It would take a fair bit o be worse than the time Cronulla put 60+ on us and King had 2 hit ups for -1m.

NYEagle said:
What a passionless, morose, boring, inept piece of garbage rugby league game that was.
I don't think I have ever seen Manly play with as little passion as I saw tonight. Absolutely empty.
HOW MANY TIMES were MINUTES wasted slowly packing scrums, I think NOTHING happened between 12 minutes to go and 9 minutes to go. Absolutely DEAD.
I don't normally start threads on a common topics but I am filthy I spent money to see this crap and I want everyone to know about it. Even the crowd was in disbelief - I think there were more roosters fans festering the ground tonight, and they certainly had more passion because it looked like their team cared.

I can't say any more - bring back Brett Stewart.

NYEagle

The Roosters were awful. We were worse.

Just watch the way they ambled through the last ten minutes of the first, and pretty much all the second half. They played like they had it in the bag, had the Roosters exactly where they wanted them - but - um they were still behind - drove me nuts.

When Cherry got a cruical penalty with about 15 to go and didn't kick it out on the full. Watch him - back turned to where he was to kick it, just casually picks up the ball and kicks it to the Rooster.

If Manly want to win this premiership, and they have the personnel to do it, they have to be heads on much more than this. They have to hurry up, get their teeth into the play. Slow the damn game down when you are in front not behind.

NYEagle

Did you ever attend a game from 1999 - 2004?

There were some clangers of crappy matches in that time. It was especially fun attending woth ryan

its was a poor game to watch. So much sloppy play and dropped ball.

Felt like 3rd Vs 4th last rather than top 4

Daniel said:
Did you ever attend a game from 1999 - 2004?

There were some clangers of crappy matches in that time. It was especially fun attending woth ryan

I did Daniel and they were ugly games. I remember one game they lost about 48-12 down in Canberra. Massive long odds to win, but they played with energy and passion for about 60 minutes. I came away sad Manly lost but happy they were in it until 20 to go.

To me it just comes down to energy mate. Manly were spookily like Melbourne last night. There were just so many dead minutes in the last 50 minutes of the game. No rushing to the scrum, slow penalty kicks, slow set plays. Watch it again.

I just expect much more from a team with such a charmed roster and such talent. Wind back the clock just a few weeks.

And now they face Melbourne - great.

NYEagle said:
I don't normally start threads on a common topics but I am filthy I spent money to see this crap and I want everyone to know about it. NYEagle

I havnt seen the game but i can suggest something. Try the radio for one game instead. I was on the edge of my seat there for a while and while I was exasperated in periods due to the drop ball etc I always thought we were in it to play & win.

I'm thinking of 2002 I believe - last home game and a win would see us in the 8, Penrith absolutely destroys us. My friend tonight's game does not even rank in the top 50 worst performances for the team

Haha yeah I was at all the games Manly (Northern Eagles) got flogged at when I was younger. Sharks put 60 on us I think once, Panthers scored 68 I think or there abouts, and the Canberra thrashing. There were more but they're the ones I remember.

Not to mention all the games we lost in the rain and/or night.

Wow that is a harsh assessment. We were not great by any means but to say there was no passion is overboard imo. We just need to work on our composure and run a little straighter and the attack will fall into place, our defense is great and is keeping us in games even when our attack is really bad. A few small changes to our attack could totally transform our team. imo.

Definitely not the worst game of football I have ever attended. But..............for me it was a very, very disappointing and frustrating game to watch.

We made far too many errors and consequently handed the rorters 2 points on a silver platter.......!!!! :(

I was at the game and thought the atmosphere was awesome and the game was played at high intensity. Enjoyed it alot apart from the loss and THAT STUPID F#@KING GRUBBER FROM GIFTY WTF MAN WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our worse performance this year no doubt but you only have to rewind the clock to last year & watch our inept, lazy effort against the Titans at home for a worse performance.

NYEagle said:

Cut

NYEagle

We've all seen worse games. It happens to all teams, at different times of the year. I don't think Moday night helps the atmosphere and the players. Put the same game on Sunday or even Saturday and watch teh difference. Glenn looked injured - ribs, shoulder, arm? And made some poor decisions. All teh payers made a bad mistake or two, even Killer.

Keep the faith, we're OK.

Agree totally re Monday night.All the players talk about how hard it is mentally over the weekend and the games often reflect that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7