1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst case scenario

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Jun 27, 2011.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,803 / 122
    [Quite hard to spell scenario at this time of night]
    OK imagine Foran is unavailable for some time due to injury? Forget it, this bloke is so tough he will play regardless of any alleged injury.
    Matai suspended? So what, we have 3 try Whare champing at the bit.
    Wolf out with a hurt hammie. Bring in Oldfield, fastest player in the club and future SOO rep.
    Joe has a hurt arm (or the flu) - no biggy, Lussick stepped in tonight and will only get better. He seems to enjoy smashing the oppostion, a good sign ...
    Any other bad news, don't worry about it. eg Steelers can only go backwards from here etc.
    Go Manly !!

2. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Can't beat a positive outlook on life.

3. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +982 / 5
    Good on your positivity SER8. With Joe's hand problem, don't forget Kitey and maybe even Rodney will be back after the bye as well. You're right, all is not lost. Go Manly!

4. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    Love the optimism. Especially after a loss when usually the forum is so bloody negative!

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,803 / 122
    Steelers are shot. I personally am impressed with how well they have done so far this season. One team is on the up. One team is trying to stay up. I know what is harder.

6. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    It's a loss we needed. Won 6 straight, but the proof was there in the Parra game.

Saints deserve the benchmark tag, so let every team facing them beat up on them.

Dessie is a perennial thinker. we will get them when it counts.

7. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    "One team is on the up. One team is trying to stay up. I know what is harder. "

mate, you should sell tickets to people picking this up and running with it....

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Has anyone been dealt a winning hand every game? Like ever?

Without the blessing of losing hands among the winning ones, where's our chance to learn to let go, and simply love it all? Good and bad. No matter what.

9. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,498 / 42
    I thought that was a Jesus post. Very deep Rex, especially at that time of the morning.;)

10. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    They had our measure most of the match, not much has changed, they are the benchmark

11. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    After 6 straight wins we were due for a loss and after a draw and 2 losses they were due for a win. It's as simple as that.

I said it in another thread, we were poor last week and in beating a Thurstonless NQL we were only fair. The signs of a form slump have been there. I only hope that this loss and a week off will enable the boys to regroup.