worst bench ever!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why is everyone calling for a start for this Majouli character? He's on the bench in reserve grade.

I don't get what you guys want.

We have a great squad, we're just having to dip too deep into it too early in the season. You can't plan for this, not under the salary cap.

You have a strong top 17, a couple of dependables as backup & a bunch of young fellas to sort out their pecking order during the year so that when the injuries hit, the ones showing the most spark are ready to go.
This is exactly what we have. We're just not able to use it to it's optimum effect.

We all know how many players are unavailable, I'm not going to list them for you all again, it's been done.

We're in a position where from round 1, we have the backup guys in the 13, young fellas playing out of position, nsw cup recruits getting thrown straight in.

It's a f*cked up situation, I know but you blokes have to stop blaming people for something that nobody can control.

Sure, put your ideas in about who you'd like to see, given the circumstances but stop going on about how we don't have a team.

We are missing 2 international centres. Do you expect us to have the other Aussie & the other Kiwi in reggies just in case this happens?
Georgie is unfit. Should this have been planned for? Is that why he's here? No, he's here to be fit & if fit has the talent to do anything in the game. That was the plan. It's up to him to earn his next contract.

Rant, rant, rant. I'm borng myself now. You get the point.

DSM5 link said:
Exactly Duff.

What he said....buggar me I have suffered for 6 months whilst some of you have raved and ranted about Lowe or whomever/whatever and we get to the season and now we have lost a game it's like "I want to jump off Sydney Heads".

Well can I make a suggestion....go jump!!

These kids HAVE to get a start.

We cannot have a world beating team year in year out, the cap does not work like that these days.

So enjoy this all for what it is, a football game and a bit of fun!!

I've got a garden bench that's pretty crap. It keeps breaking and I've put it back together three times now but the missus got it from her grandmother so I'm not allowed to turf it.

[quote author=Mark from Brisbane

[/quote]

Blasphemer!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186876.msg323678#msg323678 date=1300243926]
Exactly Duff.

What he said....buggar me I have suffered for 6 months whilst some of you have raved and ranted about Lowe or whomever/whatever and we get to the season and now we have lost a game it's like "I want to jump off Sydney Heads".

Well can I make a suggestion....go jump!!

These kids HAVE to get a start.

We cannot have a world beating team year in year out, the cap does not work like that these days.

[/quote]

Well said Mark. I have to apologise for some of the comments I have made about the team lately. Totally out of line and uncalled for. Give them a chance if you give these young guys 1st grade experience then you never know how good a player they may be. i think the events unfolding in Japan put this into perspective. It's just a game so have fun with it and lighten up. Thank goodness we live where we do.

I agree it is a pretty poor bench bar buhrer, who i thought did not look out of place against melbourne and deserves to be in the team vs roosters. Im disappointed Lussick has not been given a go, i've been impressed the last few years by him and word around those close to him is he is not happy at being overlooked for mauro and robinson. Dont be suprised to see him try to go elsewhere sooner rather than later

Lussick not named in the NSW Cup side either, must be injured.

I have a BIG rap on this kid.

I was down in Melbourne last weekend, and I thought Buhrer had a good game, he's a star of the future for sure. Mauro played ok as well, and as I say they have to get a start somewhere.

I think we have been spoilt in the last 3 or 4 years and now it's the rebuild phase we are going to see this happen.....but rest be assured the more experience they get the better they'll be...it was only last year that many of you were calling for the young guys to be given a run, so now is their time to shine!!

I realise we can be competitive if we have all our regular 1st graders on the paddock, I also try to stay positive in my support for the team and the club but I won't back away from my opinion about us being short of props. I don't mean we should have run out and purchased some big names, just that after losing JWH and Tasi I had hoped Lowie might have jagged and up and comer through his Kiwi connection.

If having an opinion after 45 plus years of support makes me a turncoat then so be it...But you have to have Grunt up Front, even if it's raw talent.

Mark from Brisbane link said:

I was down in Melbourne last weekend, and I thought Buhrer had a good game, he's a star of the future for sure. Mauro played ok as well, and as I say they have to get a start somewhere.

I think we have been spoilt in the last 3 or 4 years and now it's the rebuild phase we are going to see this happen.....but rest be assured the more experience they get the better they'll be...it was only last year that many of you were calling for the young guys to be given a run, so now is their time to shine!!
I disagree we have been spoilt, we were spoilt in the 70's not the last 3 or 4 years.  I heard nothing about a rebuild this year. If we are rebuilding then why are we carrying so much deadwood. Canterbury are rebuilding and they went out and bought about 5 quality players. Teams that are rebuilding buy some player or have some super young talent coming through we did and have neither so I would hope next year is finally a rebuild.

Greg i think you're incapable of comprehending anything apart from what's in your pessimistic head so i'm not going to bother trying to explain it to you. Go and have half a glass of water and sit in your dark cave and ponder our imminent downfall.

Greg choice link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186876.msg323700#msg323700 date=1300248628]

I disagree we have been spoilt, we were spoilt in the 70's not the last 3 or 4 years.  I heard nothing about a rebuild this year. If we are rebuilding then why are we carrying so much deadwood. Canterbury are rebuilding and they went out and bought about 5 quality players. Teams that are rebuilding buy some player or have some super young talent coming through we did and have neither so I would hope next year is finally a rebuild.
[/quote]

We probably had to backload contracts and we are seeing the result of that now. A lot of those end at the end of this year and late next year. There are some players that I would say we will keep, others that will go and some that will get reduced cotnracts.

There is a nucleus of the team we need to keep namely

Stewart brothers
Turtle (DCE)
King
Ballin
Lyon

We need to rebuild our forward back mainly so we will see a few changing of the guards there.

Your outside backs should be able to come up from the juniors and you only need one marquee there, which we have in Lyon.

You can't rebuild without any money Greg and we don't have any at the moment

Dan link said:
[quote author=Greg choice link=topic=186876.msg323814#msg323814 date=1300271302]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186876.msg323700#msg323700 date=1300248628]

[/quote]

We probably had to backload contracts and we are seeing the result of that now. A lot of those end at the end of this year and late next year. There are some players that I would say we will keep, others that will go and some that will get reduced cotnracts.

Stewart brothers
Turtle (DCE)
King
Ballin
Lyon

We need to rebuild our forward back mainly so we will see a few changing of the guards there.

Your outside backs should be able to come up from the juniors and you only need one marquee there, which we have in Lyon.

[/quote]

Pretty much agree with your summation Dan.
Just one question for curiosity sake... I notice you rate Ballin's potential to Manly higher than Foran's, can you expand on this.

[quote author=Fonz link=topic=186876.msg323651#msg323651 date=1300237703]
Why is everyone calling for a start for this Majouli character? He's on the bench in reserve grade.
[/quote
Simple - intimidation & aggression -sorely missing in recent times -noones suggesting he is a world beater, otherwise he would have played more top grade at Rooters & i think may have been at Rabbits before that.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186876.msg323914#msg323914 date=1300318520]
[quote author=Greg choice link=topic=186876.msg323814#msg323814 date=1300271302]

[/quote]

Stewart brothers
Turtle (DCE)
King
Ballin
Lyon

[/quote]

Pretty much agree with your summation Dan.
Just one question for curiosity sake... I notice you rate Ballin's potential to Manly higher than Foran's, can you expand on this.
[/quote]

Foran is good defensively and he does have talent. But in my eyes he isn't a 5/8. He may actually make a good hooker himself.

However he is a good enough 5/8 and good enough to play for NZ in that position, so maybe I am a little harsh.

I think overall Ballin although quiet at the moment, does have a very bright future ahead of him, and the more experience he gets at Origin level the better he will be.

I think having a solid hooker is a bigger part to a team than a 5/8 and therefore, with Ballin being one of the top 5 hookers in the game, I think he is more vital to our future than Foran. But that is not to say I don't think Foran is good, or doesn't have his place, I would just keep the above listed players before worrying about anyone else

Seemed like a pretty good bench by full time.  Look back at Duff's contribution to this thread and get a reality check you pessimists.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2