worst bench ever!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sad...... ..yet maybe true - this Buhrer is the goods & really deserves to start but the other 3 possibly sit the bench in NSW Cup. 

Seu Seu is fine,i actually would rather see him at 5/8 with Foran at centre,because T Rex is not a centre or a back

Shane link said:
Seu Seu is fine,i actually would rather see him at 5/8 with Foran at centre,because T Rex is not a centre or a back
This guy had massive wraps early on at Newcastle & i expected him to be explosive from dummy half - yet to seu seu it. In actual fact when he is on the team loses its way & he gives little direction - hope he proves me wrong but so far......

totally agree matt, buhrer deserves his spot is a star of the future. i rekon he we really kick on this year, as for the other 3 not 1st graders.

They want a bit of mongril on the bench tooks.
If that means blooding a player or 2, so be it.

Its not too bad.. I'm sure I've seen worse.

Seu Seu is there as the hooker rotation substitute
Beuhrer played well in Wk 1 and is in for a good season
Robinson I've never seen play, but looks to have size (when standing next to Daniel Harrison)
Mauro, I wasn't impressed with in wk 1 or during his stints off the bench in previous seasons, maybe we should have given another young gun a shot here, Lussick, if he wasn't injured.

SwornEagle link said:
Its not too bad.. I'm sure I've seen worse.

Seu Seu is there as the hooker rotation substitute
Beuhrer played well in Wk 1 and is in for a good season
Robinson I've never seen play, but looks to have size (when standing next to Daniel Harrison)
Mauro, I wasn't impressed with in wk 1 or during his stints off the bench in previous seasons, maybe we should have given another young gun a shot here, Lussick, if he wasn't injured.

Mauro in the team shows everyone how desperate we are
George Rose starting is embarrassing based on what he has shown us
Kite looks as though he is struggling with the pace of the game
Robinson is on debut, so he should be given time to impress
Buhrer is (at this stage) and average backrower that wouldn't make most teams
Seu Seu seems to choke in every important game, and thrive in unimportant ones like QLD Cup
Choc can't catch if his life depended on him
Galuvao is just too old and beat up now
Glenn Stewart is the one standout, but he still looks fat and looks as though the sparks gone

I'll have to agree with you on Mauro and Rose.

Kite, Ringrust as some people have put it, was rnd 1 and he wasn't fully up to speed yet
Buhrer, I saw him hit a gap in the 2nd half that I haven't seen a backrower hit since the Beaver. As soon as I saw this, I knew the kid has potential.
Chocdrops is getting to the WTF, this is ret@rded categor.., seriously I've seen better handling skills in U/7's
Galuvao would be much better as impact off the bench
Gift will pick up the form in the next few weeks

Fluffy link said:
obviously too young to remember the norths benches

Some of us remember them only too well.

Peter Mayoh, freddy teadsdell, Gary Munday and Brett Gale.  

tookey link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=186876.msg323588#msg323588 date=1300221363]
obviously too young to remember the norths benches

Some of us remember them only too well.

Peter Mayoh, freddy teadsdell, Gary Munday and Brett Gale.  
[/quote]I'd have freddy teasdell and Brett gale over mauro or seu seu, gee I would start Fred infront of the Preacher

I was about to post the exact same topic. The first 13 is also very average. Gonn be a long year me thinks.

Hopefully in a couple of years we will look back and say "how good was that bench".

I have seen worse. Look at the Sharks.

Or look at what we used to have with

Shipway
Dorn
Mullane

and the other bunch of A grade players

Its a young bench. Im not sure how many of you can say much about robinson. Have you seen him play
I still have faith that once seu seu gets a regular gig he will be better
Buhrer looked great and Mauro is stready

The bench lacks impact but im not really expecting Rose or Joe both to start. With robinson and burher starting the bench looks better and so does the starting pack for mine
Des wont name a debut front rower on tuesday

jbb/james link said:
The bench lacks impact but im not really expecting Rose or Joe both to start. With robinson and burher starting the bench looks better and so does the starting pack for mine
Des wont name a debut front rower on tuesday
Good point James.

Worst topic ever. How about we reserve our judgement till Sunday afternoon after we see these guys perform. I don't see the point in laying in the boot when one of them hasn't even played an NRL game for Manly yet.

If they all play ****house on Sunday, we then will be able to say (and I'm sure plenty will) that they were the worst bench ever.

last year was ''How bad we were playing, this year its ''why havent we recruited and we look like the Northern Eagles'' i believe the fans are the ones with the grand final hangover ! that form was 3 years ago, it takes approximately 5-6 years to rebuild. It may look like a bad bench but really im over complaining !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4