World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
The dutch look in good form

i take that back, dutch arnt going very well at all if they cant even beat the poms.

Go the windies, a win over the poms may see them not even make the 8

His english

Australia is English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh mixture of bull****

We hate the pure english apparently,even tho they are
part of our history,god id love to lose the union jack on
our flag,not because i hate the english,but because its a
weak sign of service by a nation which is building into a
global powerhouse,not just on the field but off it to

tractorboy link said:
Good to see racism is still well and truly alive. Happens everytime we lose.

But the greatness of us if we seem to lose the impossible. Credit to the great Irish. They are a very good team, which I doubt many would know.
I will no doubt cop it while walking around with the urn in one hand and the 20/20 wc in the other. Take the great the bad and the Aussies with a pinch of salt. ;D ;D

Racism? Turn it up.

The thing he won't admit is that he is a naturalised Aussie now, just like most Poms that move out here. Quick to shed their Pommy heritage if it means been able to live in God's country. That's pride in the Union Jack for you ;)

Good win by the Paddy's, chasing down 300+ is a great performance against any side, even against England's trundlers.

I was bloody gutted this morning, lost the power the other night and didnt have it back for the game, couldn't sleep though so managed to listen to the end of our innings, sounded awesome, taylor went nuts, going from 76 with 4 overs to go, to 131*, he and Oram put on 85 from 22 balls. 28 off 1 Akhtar over followed by 30 off Razzaq

I heard something about some fight in the world cup the other night, anyone have anymore on that?

I haven't heard a thing about it. Maybe something to do with the Banglasdesh fans stoning the Windies team bus ?

the clown has a history Kiwi, even you must say it was suspicious.

I dont for a minute think Taylor was involved, but his "catching" has been looked at before.

Fro link said:

I dont for a minute think Taylor was involved, but his \"catching\" has been looked at before.

He dropped him on 0 and 4 mate, nothing more during the next 127 runs and even if you were fixing a game on your own, it is hard to do from keeper and you wouldn't bank on such a slaughter at the end on every bowler

You are kidding Kiwi?

The very best spot in the field to influence a game is Keeper.

They have a hand in setting the field
They advise the captain on bowling changes.
They catch more than anywhere else, ergo more opportunity to "drop" them
Same story with Runouts
as above for Stumpings.
these days with the DRS in place who is generally the arbiter of to use them or not?

spot fixing like no balls and the like a bolwer is who you want, but to influence more widely the keeper is your man..

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=186478.msg321331#msg321331 date=1299660929]

I dont for a minute think Taylor was involved, but his \"catching\" has been looked at before.

He dropped him on 0 and 4 mate, nothing more during the next 127 runs and even if you were fixing a game on your own, it is hard to do from keeper and you wouldn't bank on such a slaughter at the end on every bowler
[/quote]

Didnt that pakistani bloke get accused of matchfixing whilst in australia during the huge comeback game when Ponting screwed the pooch and chose to bat on a pitch greener than......i dont think ive ever seen anything that green before actually

Fro link said:
You are kidding Kiwi?

The very best spot in the field to influence a game is Keeper.

They have a hand in setting the field
They advise the captain on bowling changes.
They catch more than anywhere else, ergo more opportunity to \"drop\" them
Same story with Runouts
as above for Stumpings.
these days with the DRS in place who is generally the arbiter of to use them or not?

spot fixing like no balls and the like a bolwer is who you want, but to influence more widely the keeper is your man..

In this case though, which is what we are talking, none of the above occured in the last 5-6 overs, Pakis were on top til that point regardless of the dropped catches

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6