World Cup 46man squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
Now Gasnier's leaving they've chosen the next NRL pin up boy....CRAIG WING. a few marshmallow names like Carl Webb in there too...

From smh.com.au

Australian selectors have included 11 uncapped players in a preliminary 46-man Kangaroos squad for the Rugby League World Cup to be held later this year.

While the squad includes experienced campaigners including captain Darren Lockyer, Petero Civoniceva, Johnathan Thurston and Cameron Smith, selectors also included a handful of inexperienced players.

Among the surprise selections were Penrith youngster Michael Jennings and Dragons prop Justin Poore.

Others non-capped players in the squad were Ben Cross (Newcastle), Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers), Anthony Laffranchi (Gold Coast), Joel Monaghan (Canberra), Nate Myles (Roosters), Anthony Quinn (Melbourne) and Manly trio Josh Perry, Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough.

Selectors overlooked NSW halfbacks Peter Wallace and Mitchell Pearce, with Melbourne's Cooper Cronk, Gold Coast's Scott Prince and South Sydney's Craig Wing named as back-up halfbacks to Thurston.

Michael Crocker and Danny Buderus were also named despite defecting to play rugby league in England, but French rugby-bound centre Mark Gasnier was not included.

Australian coach Ricky Stuart said today players left out of the squad should not be discouraged with the final 24-man team not named until October 6.

"It (today's squad) is a great purpose of showing the players that we are very happy with in regards to playing in the World Cup and being involved in that Australian team," Stuart said.

"And also for the players that haven't been picked and think they should be there, it's a great opportunity to show over the next six weeks plus semi finals that they have the form to warrant a position in the team."

Australia World Cup campaign begins against New Zealand in Sydney on October 26.

Squad: Braith Anasta, Greg Bird, Danny Buderus, Petero Civoniceva, Matt Cooper, Ben Creagh, Michael Crocker, Cooper Cronk, Ben Cross, Robbie Farah, Craig Fitzgibbon, Israel Folau, Paul Gallen, Kurt Gidley, Jarryd Hayne, Justin Hodges, Ryan Hoffman, Karmichael Hunt, Greg Inglis, Michael Jennings, Dallas Johnson, Brent Kite, Anthony Laffranchi, Darren Lockyer, Willie Mason, Joel Monaghan, Nate Myles, Luke O'Donnell, Josh Perry, Justin Poore, Steve Price, Scott Prince, Anthony Quinn, Steve Simpson, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Brent Tate, Sam Thaiday, Johnathan Thurston, Anthony Tupou, Anthony Watmough, Carl Webb, Brett White, Craig Wing.

No Jamie Lyon!

Well done to the Manly lads who were selected, a good reward after being ignored during SOO

Brett Stewart has got to be the luckiest guy going around after being pushed of and out run by an old timer like amos roberts,surely with his weak defence he has no plce in an aussie side.The only thing stewart had was pace now he seems as slow as David Hosking he has nothing 8)

you have the most boring posts.  i bet it took you hours to come up with that witty post.  oh David Hosking!  that's a classic!  give yourself a pat on the back

eggson link said:
you have the most boring posts.  i bet it took you hours to come up with that witty post.  oh David Hosking!  that's a classic!  give yourself a pat on the back
;D

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
5 players from a team that is leading the comp

I would be very surprised if Steve Matai is not selected for the Kiwis, if he can keep up his recent run of form, so I guess we could make it 6??

heath lestrange is looking to play for france... 7

and jamie lyon 8... they will realise there mistake when he comes back from injury and makes bird look like, well like a little birdy

MNF link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=178029.msg191741#msg191741 date=1217568743]
;D
[/quote]

oh well, good on ya mate, you're sticking to what you wanna do, i can't argue about that.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8