World Cup 2010 South Africa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And you wonder why people called the first round "boring"

There is just too much to lose in the first game

clontaago link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=183416.msg267400#msg267400 date=1276847147]
Sorry to say clontaago but Spain will be their usual self and choke. They have such great players but never seem to do well in big international matches. Chile and the Swiss to qualify in that group.

I think the dark horses are Netherlands, Paraguay and Italy (Italy played extremely well against Paraguay who recorded ten wins to qualify for the WC), the most in the group along with Chile - they defeated Brazil and Argentina.

Italy look so much better in a 4-4-2 formation than a 4-2-3-1

England will also be there. Would be interesting to see Argentina Vs England in the final. Go the Argies.

Argentina or Italy to win unless Australia can pull out a miracle.

England?? They struggled to draw against Algeria!!!

I said the Aussies would finish last in their Group, which they will.

Spain will still take it out.
[/quote]

Spain are no chance now i take it

The Gronk link said:
I just think we will fight hard and failing qualification wont be too far off the mark. 
Tough day for the clonster - I believe my prediction of us not qualifying, but not coming last (ie coming third) is looking a lot more solid than his crystal ball efforts of us finishing last in the group.  :)

So that makes it gronk 1, clon 340968256

England were robbed... They had no heart after lampard was disallowed.

Argentina are a force. It shows what happens when you have a manager who knows how to win in charge.

Spain v Portugal... c'mon Ronaldo and Simao! Where i would like to see Spain v Argentina final, i would prefer a Messi v Ronaldo final.

Nate link said:
England were robbed... They had no heart after lampard was disallowed.

Argentina are a force. It shows what happens when you have a manager who knows how to win in charge.

Spain v Portugal... c'mon Ronaldo and Simao! Where i would like to see Spain v Argentina final, i would prefer a Messi v Ronaldo final.

Saying England were robbed is like a jockey protesting 2nd against 1st when the margin was 6 lengths.

If the Germans had time to score 2 more goals, England had time to get 1.

goalline420-420x0.jpg

It's moments like these I wish I was a mobile or have my face stuck between those two puppies.

Did you see Diego Forlan screamer of a goal this morning against Ghana, what a ripper. Uruguay were very lucky to get away with the win thanks to a handball by Suarez right on the goal line giving away free kick which was missed by Asamoah Gyan.

The Germans certainly are the team to beat. I wouldnt be surprised if that win over Brazil takes the sting out of Netherlands and Uruguay go through. The winner will almost certainly come from the Germany v Spain game though.

How's this bloke, this was prior to the tournament commencing:

"The punter has wagered a total of $25,000 on the South American team to win the tournament and will collect a monstrous $1.88 million if they manage to pull off a miracle. Uruguay are currently a $67 shot to take out the title and are paying $3.65 just to beat France in their first group match.

Nevertheless, the patriotic punter has had $15,000 on Uruguay at $81 and followed up with a bet of $10,000 at $67.

Just for good measure, he placed a further $8600 on the Uruguay-Spain final quinella, which will net him almost $1.5 million if those two teams face off in the July 11 decider"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2