World Club Series 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
image.png

It has been dropped to 4 teams :rofl:

Man the Broncos are loyal to this competition. There is no need for the 'series', just let the winners battle it out!

NRL should win 2-0 but I have a feeling the Four Nations aftermath might have a say in this.

http://yi.nzc.am/eeayx8

The WCC is a great concept, the Poms love it BUT, all these extra teams , just revenue raising for all concerned!!

The WCC is a great concept, the Poms love it BUT, all these extra teams , just revenue raising for all concerned!!

I've no problem with the concept. Its a good idea to promote the game. A secondary factor is that the two Australian side might suffer a string of long term injuries which also cant be bad for the game. Well from a Sea Eagle perspective that is.

Bennett is just using this game as an excuse to justify the bongos getting 24 games on fri night on the ground thr wcc causes player fatigue.

I wonder how much the Poms would love it if the series was ever played in Australia?

Personally I preferred the old system where the NRL and ESL premiers fought it out in a single game. I mean, what the hell, Brisbane finished 5th this year and didn't even make the Prelim finals yet get a shot at being World Club Champions simply because Melbourne, Canberra and North Queensland didn't want to bother.

Tis interesting that the nrl can accommodate these myriad of changes to get this'series' to go ahead....

but a few years ago when Manly wanted to play a game in China, well it was like we asked the nrl to rebuild the great wall blindfolded with only paddle pop sticks and white rhino poop!

Tis interesting that the nrl can accommodate these myriad of changes to get this'series' to go ahead....

but a few years ago when Manly wanted to play a game in China, well it was like we asked the nrl to rebuild the great wall blindfolded with only paddle pop sticks and white rhino poop!
Well white rhino poop is too dry and brittle, you need to use it when moist yet fibrous enough to bond to the structure. It also needs a mix of dirt, water and sap - then you have a winning adherent... oh um, not really the point you were making - my bad.

Only because the Paddle Pop Lion refused to work with rhino crap :p

Can anyone confirm what channel the 2 games are on tomorrow. I'm only double checking because I taped a game last weekend and channel nein did the old switch-a-roo on me.
Man was I pissed off when I got everything ready and sat down to watch the replay only to find some kids show.

I wonder how much the Poms would love it if the series was ever played in Australia?

Personally I preferred the old system where the NRL and ESL premiers fought it out in a single game. I mean, what the hell, Brisbane finished 5th this year and didn't even make the Prelim finals yet get a shot at being World Club Champions simply because Melbourne, Canberra and North Queensland didn't want to bother.

Incorrect.

It's now the World Club Series BUT the lesser players in the series are only there for entertainment value ( and money).

The WCC game is still the winner of the ESL v the winner of the NRL.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8