World Club Challenge Tour (Official)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With apologies for the delay BUT the tour details for the Official Manly Sea Eagles World Club Challenge tour were released this afternoon.

Our Tour Host is Darrell Williams, former Premiership winning Sea Eagles (1987) and now Manly Board Member.

As posted on the other thread the tour includes the following.

2 games, Warrington Wolves V London Bronco’s (so a chance to see Shane Rodney and Michael Robertson play for their Super League Clubs), and of course the WCC at Headingly, premium tickets are included to both games.
Welcome drinks with Sea Eagles admin staff and possibly coaching staff
7 nights accommodation at the Leeds Novotel
Breakfast daily
Exclusive Tour Dinner with the team and coaching staff (some drinks included)
Tour to Manchester United Museum including entrance
Tour to Liverpool for a “Beatles magical Mystery Tour”, includes entrance to the “Beatles Story” in Liverpool
Exclusive dinner at the home of English Rugby League, the George Hotel at Huddersfield (some drinks included)
Tour of the EFL Museum at the George Hotel.
Exclusive access to players during a training session
Exclusive access to the players at their own post match function
Tour Merchandise valued at over $200, this will be a great memory of your tour in the years to come
Low cost single supplement (so if travelling by yourself it won’t cost a fortune)
All transfers and coach travel as listed.
Return Economy airfares with a generous 30KG Baggage allowance (either Sydney or Brisbane to Manchester / London / Paris…other options available at a small surcharge).
Services of an Ambassador Holidays Tour guide to take care of everything (yes that will be me!!!)

Tour cost is $3995.00 per person twin share

Coming by yourself, pay just $300 extra for a single room.

I am sure you'll agree this is great value for money and whilst a little more expensive than the alternative tour don't forget that in comparison,

It's 1 night longer
Has $200 worth of special WCC Merchandise, available only on this tour
Includes an exclusive dinner with the players (the most one on one time that has probably ever existed on any tour).
Has two day tours included (Man U and Museum plus the Beatles Tour to Liverpool)
And has guaranteed access to players and coaching staff across a range of activities throughout the week.

If you are NOT on my e-mail data base and would like a copy of the tour flyer send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Otherwise feel free to call me to disucss the tour on (07) 38399311

I'll tell you what Mark,that's almost do-able for me.The single supplement isn't that much at all.Hmmmm-"hello Mr bank manager".....

ayjay007 said:
I'll tell you what Mark,that's almost do-able for me.The single supplement isn't that much at all.Hmmmm-"hello Mr bank manager".....

Almost for me as well

Give everyone else the hot tip as well the Broncos (London variety) have a few ex Eagles in there lineup : Chad Randall, Mark Bryant and a few others.

Not to mention that the Wire (Warrington) is Monas current team

No one take dogs to the warrington game it would be poor form to distract Joel monas.

Great looking trip mark at a really good price. Wish I could go :(

For those "thinking"...just think of this, might not be another opportunity to do one of these for a long time...let's hope it's 2013 BUT who knows what is around the corner...we have a crack team now but who is to say it will be that way in a few years time.

It's easy for me to say I suppose but I have a great saying in life (and have been saying it all my life)..."don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today"!!

And that just doesn't relate to overseas travel!!

By the way the the single supplement is below cost price...it should be around $500 (it was $695.00 in 2009) but poor old singles always get slugged so I am copping a loss on that to make it more attractive to thoose going by themseleves.

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=45779&title=sea-eagles-wcc-supporters-tour---get-on-board

as published on MWSE

I'M IN !!! - I'M IN!!

In 2009 I had to weigh up whether to miss my sons birthday by going or taking both the kids as well (Way, way outside the budget) so no brainer of course and I ended up not going - despite the boy urging me to do so (bless him)

It was the only game I'd missed home and away for many years and the group that did go had a fantastic time and have a special bond and camaraderie as a result.

I really regret not making the trip despite the reason for not doing so.

This time the date has worked in my favour so no birthdays will be missed and my (Very Very) understanding and supportive darling has been a major driver in encouraging me to take the trip (THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!).

I know many of the group that are planning to travel having spent time with them on other trips around the country and over in NZ and know that we will have a tremendous time and it’s great to be travelling with such a great group.

I’m sure we will have some new people join us and look forward to meeting them

It's clear that David Perry, Tooves and the players are really looking forward to the trip and keen to have the Travelling Supportahs as involved as is possible.

I know Dave Williams was stoked to hear that a group would be going over again and asked what he and the players could do to help make the trip as special as possible

Darrell Williams is good company and will no doubt be a great person to have hosting us.

There is already a great itinerary in place to keep us occupied and (a little bird told me) there are still some other special things still in the pipeline so stay tuned...

I'm so looking forward to this now and it's hard to believe it is only around 8 weeks until we fly out!

I've always seen Mark and the team at Ambassador has been very accommodating and try to be as flexible as possible and within reason to help as many people as possible to experience the supportahs trips.

So I'd encourage anyone who is "thinking" of going but not quite sure to get in contact with him to discuss your thoughts and see what he can do?

This is going to be SO good!

And here's the direct link to the full details of the tour and the booking form.

http://www.ambassadorholidays.com.au/pdf/2012%20Official%20Manly%20Warringah%20Sea%20Eagles%20Supporters%20Tour.pdf

Yes Vidmar is correct, lots happening "behind the scenes" to ensure it's a great trip, and be assured that the "Official Tour" will be the only place where you'll get interaction between the playing group, the coaching staff and the admin staff and yourseleves....and lots of it (as Vidmar has said the club is bending over backwards to make this work and work well).

I can't tell you how many people on this forum in 2009 after the trip said " I just wish I had made the decsion to go".

We are very lucky that another opportunity has come about so soon....who knows when the next one might be??

Mark from Brisbane said:
And here's the direct link to the full details of the tour and the booking form.

http://www.ambassadorholidays.com.au/pdf/2012%20Official%20Manly%20Warringah%20Sea%20Eagles%20Supporters%20Tour.pdf

Yes Vidmar is correct, lots happening "behind the scenes" to ensure it's a great trip, and be assured that the "Official Tour" will be the only place where you'll get interaction between the playing group, the coaching staff and the admin staff and yourseleves....and lots of it (as Vidmar has said the club is bending over backwards to make this work and work well).

I can't tell you how many people on this forum in 2009 after the trip said " I just wish I had made the decsion to go".

We are very lucky that another opportunity has come about so soon....who knows when the next one might be??
Mark, when do you think the cut off date will be?

Hi Peter

We have to pay our tour operator in the UK 31 days out from arrival...so that would mean about the 9th of January....we'll certainly have bookings open to then.

Hope you can make it, I can't begin to describe what an experience on offshore MWTS trip is like.

Can I say that the 2009 tour members are all still the very best of friends, and they and they alone experienced something very special.

Well this trip will be even better, the access to the players, coaching staff and admin staff is like nothing ever experienced in the past...EVERYONE at the Sea Eagles is committed to making this work and work bloody well....so from the COO right down to the 18th man.

Opportunities like this do not come around very often, so if you can make it you will never regret the decision!!!

Point of interest if this hasn't been brought up elsewhere, but Man U v Liverpool is on Feb 11 at Old Trafford.

I am getting quite a few questions about the trip so let me start a FAQ section, and I'll add to these as the questions get asked.

Q. Can I go earlier or come back later.
A. You sure can, our fares with Etihad offer total flexibility, go when you wish, come back when you wish, go into and out of wherever you wish...easy as!!

Q. I'd prefer a different airline
A. Not a worry, we have great fares with Emirates as well BUT you can choose whomever you wish to fly with, or even use Frequent Flyer points of you prefer.

Q. I am by myself is it possible to share
A. Yes it is IF we can find someone of the same sex to share with you but note we did make the single supplement VERY cheap (below cost actually) to accommodate the usual large number of single people.

Timmy said:
Point of interest if this hasn't been brought up elsewhere, but Man U v Liverpool is on Feb 11 at Old Trafford.

Timmy

This would be one of the hardest EPL tickets to get a hold of BUT if you can we'd be happy to give you a credit for the unused Warrington V Bronco's ticket.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I am getting quite a few questions about the trip so let me start a FAQ section, and I'll add to these as the questions get asked.

Q. Can I go earlier or come back later.
A. You sure can, our fares with Etihad offer total flexibility, go when you wish, come back when you wish, go into and out of wherever you wish...easy as!!

Q. I'd prefer a different airline
A. Not a worry, we have great fares with Emirates as well BUT you can choose whomever you wish to fly with, or even use Frequent Flyer points of you prefer.

Q. I am by myself is it possible to share
A. Yes it is IF we can find someone of the same sex to share with you but note we did make the single supplement VERY cheap (below cost actually) to accommodate the usual large number of single people.

Timmy said:

Timmy

This would be one of the hardest EPL tickets to get a hold of BUT if you can we'd be happy to give you a credit for the unused Warrington V Bronco's ticket.

Cool Mark - although I think both would be doable? Being that the Warrington game is on the 12th...or have I got myself confused?

Timmy said:

I was very tempted to head over early to catch this but speaking to mates and family there is buckleys of scoring a ticket unless you want to buy a fake or pay top top dollar from a tout.

Tickets are like hens teeth for this game unless you are a Man Ure season ticket holder.

The Liverpool allocation will not even cover the number of season ticket holders (For the city game in Jan Liverpool have been given an allocation of 2,607 tickets (!) which will be allocated as follows

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/announcements/man-city-v-lfc-ticket-news

So even if you are a ST holder and have been to more than 15 games you're still struggling even then to get a ticket.

Guy's don't miss this trip for anything. Sell the misses or kids if you have to but be on the plane.
Better still, sell the kids and take your misses with you. You won't regret it. You'll have the time of your lives.

Trust me.

I'm in like McFlynn (crack those knees) for this, well excited.

For those who are thinking about heading out to a football (that's association football, not rugby) game I've noticed that Middlesbrough are playing on Tuesday 14th (which is the free day IIRC) at the Riverside - 1.5 train ride from Leeds.

Aussie internationals Scott McDonald & Rhys Williams will be playing & Boro are getting it done at the moment so they should be entertaining to watch. I'm definately keen to head out there. Boro has the Captain Cook museum among other things so it could be a good day out there.

Wolfpack said:
I'm in like McFlynn (crack those knees) for this, well excited.

For those who are thinking about heading out to a football (that's association football, not rugby) game I've noticed that Middlesbrough are playing on Tuesday 14th (which is the free day IIRC) at the Riverside - 1.5 train ride from Leeds.

Aussie internationals Scott McDonald & Rhys Williams will be playing & Boro are getting it done at the moment so they should be entertaining to watch. I'm definately keen to head out there. Boro has the Captain Cook museum among other things so it could be a good day out there.

If I go Wolfpack, I would love to go see that Football match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4