World Club Challange 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Draw:

Game One:
February 19th - St Helens vs Sydney Roosters - Langtee Park

Game Two:
February 20th - Wigan Warriors vs Brisbane Broncos - DW Stadium

Game Three:
February 21st - Leeds Rhinos vs QLD Cowboys - Headingley Stadium

Kick-off times, tickets and more coming soon!

Last edited:
Look how it worked out for Souffs this year. The players were burnt out by round 20 of our comp.
A money grab that is not worth it if you want to have a successful NRL season.

Look how it worked out for Souffs this year. The players were burnt out by round 20 of our comp.
A money grab that is not worth it if you want to have a successful NRL season.
Didn't hurt the Broncos though, they were 10 secs away from another premiership this year

Wonder how much they get to perform and who issues the invites? @:cool:

Rorters and Broncs must need the $$$$ to put their players through the extra travel:p
I thought the agreement was the top 3 sides from each comp play each other from this year forward.

Having organised both of our trips to Leeds I am very aware of the costs involved to move one team and house them/ move them around plus feed them for about 10 days. It's around $500k ( be more like $600 now) , plus the costs of staging the games and providing the fairly large prize money ( believe me they don't go just for the fun of it), so I reckon the English Football League would be up for about 3 million at least.

Just shows you how much money they can make out of PAY TV doesn't it.

Do the players get paid for playing this?

If so is it counted in the salary cap?

If not it is just another way of giving the haves yet another leg up

Do the players get paid for playing this?

If so is it counted in the salary cap?

If not it is just another way of giving the haves yet another leg up

Yes they'd get paid but I imagine it would come out of the guaranteed winning amount ( les for a loss more for a win).

It's Business Class flights, 5 star accommodation so I imagine many would do it for the experience as well.

Plus they are away from the media ( mainstream media at least) so can " enjoy themselves " a bit.

I can see why it's tiring and sets the clubs that do this back a bit, so yes it has to be about the money.

Why don't they go turn about. 1 Year in the UK and next year Here.

2014 was here( Roosters)

2015 over there

Far more Pay TV income in the UK, this series would be costing at least 3 million, maybe 4 million and I couldn't see the NRL providing those funds , nor the clubs taking on the risk.

To be honest I was surprised to see St Helens ( I think it was them) play here in 2014.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8