1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wooden Spoon

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by silvertail, Jan 28, 2013.

1. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    I detest gambling, but just had a sneak peak at the betting market.

Top 4 favourites for spoon are, in order:

Penrith
    Titans
    Dragons
    Eels

I think that the Panthers will avoid the spoon. A cursory look at their forward roster indicates that Gould has purely invested at this stage with having a formidable forward pack. Their pack will be strong throughout the year and stave off the wooden spoon. Their halves and backs are crap, so they will hardly figure in finals calculations.

Ricky is a half wit coach but still good enough to avoid the spoon.

So, really an inglorious contest between the Tits and the Dragons.

It would be rather funny if the Dragons army are silenced in 2013, but I wish that the Tits, with all of my newly found venom for their attempt to steal our Jamie Lyon Superman hero ......... The 2013 wooden spoon!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Panthers will be the surprise packets of this years comp, that doesn't mean they will make the 8, but they will be better than people think

The signings they made weren't big signings, but they were smart signings and Cleary is a clever coach as well and will get the most out of them

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Illawarra for me. Rubbish roster, rubbish halves, rubbish captain, rubbish fans and rubbish coach who will be the first coach sacked in 2013.

I can't think of anyone more deserving.......well except for the purple scum, but I don't see that happening this year.

4. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,533 / 32
    My heart says the Bulldogs but my head says the Titans.

5. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Saints or Tigers. Put your house on ir!

6. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,816 / 53
    I think the Titans season will go about as well as their off season recruitment. They may not win a game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Flip a coin - 1 side has an Eel the other represents a sad Titan....

8. Bearfax

Bearfax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,660 / 75
    I think Penrith will struggle especially losing several of their top players. Could take a while for the young guns to become stars. In the meantime I see a rather lean year or two for the panthers.

Wests are a big unknown. They've got the talent. Is this coach the answer. If so Wests could surprise. If not they'll challenge for the spoon

Saints dont have the personnel this year. Like Penrith they have lost too many of their best players.

Auckland is like Wests. They have the personnel. It all depends on the coach.

Gold Coast may seem scratchy but they have some good talent in that side. They could be spoon fodder, but they could also make the 8

Sydney City. Good forward group. Jennings will improve their backline. I dont expect miracles from SBW and I dont think he will be their best player. Wont get the spoon but could falter with new coach. then again could make the 8

Parramatta. I think Stuart will get more out of them this year but I think they'll still struggle to make the 8.

I think Penrith will get the Spoon

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ralphie

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    The Gold Coast forward pack is too good for the team to get the spoon. Penrith have recruited very strongly, including Lewis Brown, Tom Humble, Jeremy Latimore, Sika Manu, Mose Masoe, Wes Naiqama, James Segeyaro and Dean Whare just to name a few.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/teams/penrith-panthers/

St George on the other hand count as their big recruits Gerard Beale and Josh Drinkwater. They have lost David Gower, Ben Hornby, Denan Kemp, Jeremy Latimore, Ben Musolino, Beau Scott and Dean Young. Their roster is massively weaker than last year and as I said before their coach is rubbish.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/teams/st-george-illawarra-dragons/

They will get the spoon, the only certainty for 2013 IMO.

10. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    Dragons are hard to bet against for the spoon. How are they going to create four tries per game?

11. Ralphie

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I forgot to mention that they lost Kyle Stanley for the season to a training injury as well.

12. Bearfax

Ratings:
    +2,660 / 75

13. Ralphie

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231

14. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I wish Dogs but think Dragons.

15. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Dragons for me. Massive apologies to my wife.

16. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Did the Eels recruit anyone who is really going to make much difference from last year? They lost Hindmarsh, a big inspirational loss. Its more or less the same group of dud players.
    Lets not forget they have Ben Roberts as their 5/8 with a fat hot/cold halfback inside him. And i am not certain Stuart will make them a better team.

Eels or Tigers or Titans

17. Bearfax

Ratings:
    +2,660 / 75
    Harrison, Lussick

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Those two are not going to be enough to lift them. The more i think about Roberts/Sandow as their halves, the more confident i am they will not move higher than the bottom 4 all season

19. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
  20. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Think there is a high chance of seeing Hayne at 6 again at some point

Don't forget that young guy they signed from the Storm as well, Kelly I think it was