Wont forget this for a while!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lachie

I have sat on this for a while to cool down since last night and being at the Manly v Tigers game.

I have never in all my years of going to footy matches had an experience like I had last night.

I had the unfortunate experience of sitting in bay 9 with a whole heap of Tigers fans. I don't mind a bit of friendly banter and you get that at alot of the games, but the constant personal abuse by Tigers fans of me for wearing a Manly jersey was way over the top. I was called a rapist supporter, a rapist, with all the f's and c's you can care to throw in. They were screaming at the Cheerleaders and calling them sl*ts and f's and c's all night. There were quite a few of them drunk and stoned and smoking in the stadium. I got spat on when the Tigers scored the first of the two quick tries and at that point even the three Tigers supporters I was with were disgusted and embarrassed at  the behaviour and suggested we leave.

I have never experienced that much personal abuse of me, not aimed at the team I support, but personally at me for being a Manly supporter. It was a disgrace.

In all of this I did not see one Security Guard of Cop within cooee of where we were.

Lachie

I was in bay 37 with all the Manly fans and a couple of Tigers mates

Before the game a security guard came over and advised us to move (as my mate have a tigers jersey on) we decided to stay put and did not have a drama

Might be worth seeking out the Manly areas

I wasn't going to say anything but last year at the SFS i was with some Tigers mates and we sat in a more Tiger oriented place, that's not to say there weren't Manly fans around, plus we were right next to the Manly bay. 

Anyway, behind me is this beast of a woman who shrieked profanities all night and deafened everyone.  Worst part?  She had her family with her and got her daughter in on the swearing and all that.  She was 11 at the oldest.  Her younger son and husband were quiet and i suspect the husband was embarrassed, she even had a go at her father and anyone who looked at her wrongly.

Ruined the night for all of us, especially when my mates should have been enjoying a thrilling victory.

Then last night when Rose was binned you can see Tigers people in the crowd swearing their heads off.  You can only imagine what Brett copped when he got carried off.

Unbelievable.  I know it's not all fans and it happens with every team but still... makes you wonder how you picked the worst seats in a 40k seater stadium.  ???

Harden up lads.

Ok, getting spat at is an absolute disgrace & the dog who did it deserves to have his head shoved down a public toilet but when was the last time anyone ended up in hospital for a nasty case of being sworn at?

Look the demoraphics for this team is unemployed goons from Campbelltown- you cant expect anything else.

I agree it is a disgrace but my experience tells me to sit with the Manly fans and also out your complants in writing to the NRL & Tigers.

Funny how security will throw someone out of a cricket game for throwing a beach ball around yet the same security is nowhere to be seen when really needed. 

If you think tigers fans are bad then wait until you go to parra stadium on sunday.  They should rename it callan park stadium

There are moron supporters for every team. Part and parcel of following a working class game like the NRL, it brings out the toothless herds in every suburb/town.

People take their footy very seriously and some folk have seriously inadequate brains. One result of this is dickheads in tigers jerseys by the bundle.

All teams have these fans, including us!!!! I take the view that people in glass houses, well you know the rest. I think the behaviour is terrible and it is a shame you experienced it but you were at a league game.  It is a shallow gene pool. 

Garts link said:
All teams have these fans, including us!!!! I take the view that people in glass houses, well you know the rest. I think the behaviour is terrible and it is a shame you experienced it but you were at a league game.  It is a shallow gene pool. 
Funny. And all these folk are the result of the taddies that won the race. Just imagine what sort of fans we'd have if the winner pulled a hammy at the finish and was overtaken.

The Wheel link said:
I agree it is a disgrace but my experience tells me to sit with the Manly fans and also out your complants in writing to the NRL & Tigers.

As The Wheel said mate, if you feel that strongly about it then you should send a complaint to the NRL and Tigers about it.  At least it will bring it to their attention and so in future something more serious could just maybe be avoided.

niccipops link said:
Funny. And all these folk are the result of the taddies that won the race. Just imagine what sort of fans we'd have if the winner pulled a hammy at the finish and was overtaken.

Its a recurring genetic malfunction caused by coming into contact with the parramatta river.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=182648.msg254757#msg254757 date=1268705286]

Its a recurring genetic malfunction caused by coming into contact with the parramatta river.
[/quote]Hee hee, mutant eel taddies - gross.

I think these dicks are a minority and are part of every teams supporters. Even ours. On more than one occassion I've had to move my kids whilst sitting on the hill due to yobbo Manly supporters.

Although the worst I experienced was the parra supporters for Lyon's first game at Brookie against the eels. I was sitting in the seats in front of the family hill and had to move due to the language coming from this small group of Parra supporters who obviously couldn't get over the fact that Jamie had left the eels. The worst part was they had young children with them, what a bright futures those poor kids have.  It was pointed out to them that they were seated in the family area, yet that just made them worse.

Correct, all clubs have them

Have nearly been in a couple of scraps myself. 1st one at Newcastle, 2006 semis. Far to say I was celebrating our success at 18-0 at HT, when they got us in the last 5 I had all sorts coming at me !! They aren't all bad though, an older couple kindly saw us leaving and offered us a lift to the train station so we would get there safe haha

2nd one was on the hill at Brookie for 2007 final v Souths. Group of us there, bang on halfway, my girlfriends sisters boyfriend was there in a Souths jumper, and these 2 morons wouldn't leave him alone and were telling me to move him or they would kill him etc haha

The membership team from the Sea Eagles liaise with the home membership team for all away games and then publishes game day info on mwse.com.au with details of the designated "away" supporters bay(s)

I also post details for each away game on here and on the forum at mwse.com.au for the Travelling Supportahs with travel plans, pre-game meeting spots and where the group will congregate at the match etc. so best advice for people that want to meet up or sit with other Manly fans at away games is to keep an eye out for this info.

Certainly not condoning the behaviour of the people that you had problems with but thought it worth mentioning the above so that you could feel comfortable in going to future games to support the boys whilst also enjoying the experience.

vidmar link said:
The membership team from the Sea Eagles liaise with the home membership team for all away games and then publishes game day info on mwse.com.au with details of the designated \"away\" supporters bay(s)

I also post details for each away game on here and on the forum at mwse.com.au for the Travelling Supportahs with travel plans, pre-game meeting spots and where the group will congregate at the match etc. so best advice for people that want to meet up or sit with other Manly fans at away games is to keep an eye out for this info.

Certainly not condoning the behaviour of the people that you had problems with but thought it worth mentioning the above so that you could feel comfortable in going to future games to support the boys whilst also enjoying the experience.

I would suggest thats one of the real benefits of the group & a highly tangible marketing point. Should be especially attractive for families, women etc.

Correct Jatz.

It's interesting to see that the NZ trip (which now has over 60 people going) does include families, a wide range of ages and ladies including one lass  travelling solo from Queensland who has not been on a "footy" trip before who, it is fair to say, would probably not have contemplated a trip across the Tasman to watch a game before were it not for the fact that she was able to travel with the MWTS.

None of us have met the lady before but she must have a certain level of confidence and comfort from what she has seen and heard that she will be welcomed, safe and looked after as part of the travelling group

We've seen similar situations at most of the games in the last couple of seasons

When we played at Mount Smart 2 seasons ago there was 6 people that travelled pretty much seperately and met up there.

The season before I went over and combined it with a holiday and stayed with a mate in Auckland and didn"t see another Manly fan at the game...now as mentioned we have considerably more that we be there and all part of an organised group

Quite good actually....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6