• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
codewana said:
Duff said:
Why do people want to offload Tony Williams?

After putting up with years of rubbish, we're finally getting some value out of him & he's getting better by the week. We don't want to have developed him just to play against us.

I haven't wanted him at the club since I saw him debut. That said, if he becomes more consistent and plays like he did last week (with passion), I think he can be a real asset.
I wonder if his recent spark has something to do with chasing a renewed contract... If it does then we should expect the same quality almost week in week out.

and you are such a great judge of talent and crusher and dessie are ****e

ffs gimme a break

I read some of the posts in this place at times and truely think some of the clowns that post either watch the game after a 1000 beers or just have their eyes f***en painted on seriously.

Yes I'm sure that T's issues in his first season were purely to do with passion, not that other stuff like having a tear along the entire length of his hamstring, playing out of position or adjusting to the professional game (if you recall when he first came to Manly he wasn't even running correctly, they had to bring in sprint coaches to fix his gait).

But thats cool, he's not playing well now because he's finally playing in position or that he's fully fit or any of that, it's because he's found some mystical source of passion that spurs him on to greater things.

I'm not even going to trot out the true supporter line of 'Des & Crusher know best so there' I'm just going to call you a complete & utter numptie. Watch him play rather than just going off the preconceived image you have of him & drop the 'passion' argument, it's getting tiresome.

Wolfpack said:
Yes I'm sure that T's issues in his first season were purely to do with passion, not that other stuff like having a tear along the entire length of his hamstring, playing out of position or adjusting to the professional game (if you recall when he first came to Manly he wasn't even running correctly, they had to bring in sprint coaches to fix his gait).

But thats cool, he's not playing well now because he's finally playing in position or that he's fully fit or any of that, it's because he's found some mystical source of passion that spurs him on to greater things.

I'm not even going to trot out the true supporter line of 'Des & Crusher know best so there' I'm just going to call you a complete & utter numptie. Watch him play rather than just going off the preconceived image you have of him & drop the 'passion' argument, it's getting tiresome.

bones said:
Well said Wolfpack.

quinny said:
well said bones!!!

TokyoEagle said:
well said quinny !!!!

Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif

Wolfpack said:

THIIIIIIISSSSS!!

GO T-REX!! GO MANLY!!

I don't get it... I post something negative about T-Rex and I get shot down - can understand that given that others may think he is a fantastic player etc.
I post something positive about T-Rex and mention that despite my 'preconceived image of him' I think he played well and could be 'a real asset' and I get shot down.

Some on this site have a real problem with people harboring different opinions and are pretty hard to please - good thing I don't post here to please you guys.

And Wolfpack, I do remember him needing training on how to run... All my point has ever been re: Tony is that he doesn't look like he wants to be there as much as the other guys; Just my opinion and I'm entitled to it. FYI, I've never said that Crusher and Des are rubbish at finding talent - even if the whole world were to agree with my initial assessment of Williams, 1/17 dud players still isn't so bad in my books.

TokyoEagle said:
Cheers, Jethro.

No worries. I just thought that all the back slapping was funny :D

Just wanted to remind you guys that I didn't just decide to talk about T-Rex - was trying to offer Duff some insight into why some people may not be such a big fan.

Duff said:
Why do people want to offload Tony Williams?

After putting up with years of rubbish, we're finally getting some value out of him & he's getting better by the week. We don't want to have developed him just to play against us.

codewana said:
And Wolfpack, I do remember him needing training on how to run... All my point has ever been re: Tony is that he doesn't look like he wants to be there as much as the other guys; Just my opinion and I'm entitled to it. FYI, I've never said that Crusher and Des are rubbish at finding talent - even if the whole world were to agree with my initial assessment of Williams, 1/17 dud players still isn't so bad in my books.

I get that & it's why I'm disagreeing with you. My post was more or less just about refuting the claim that he doesn't play with the passion of other players or isn't interested in what's going on. You're entitled to your opinion & I'm entitled to mine but anyone who posts their opinion up on a message board should expect that someone will challenge it at some point.

As for the Des & Crusher thing, that wasn't a jibe at you, more so at people who just assume that anything that Des & Crusher do re: recruitment is absolute gold.

Happy to take part in interesting debates - its the name calling that makes it degenerate into useless dribble on these boards (Bones is a pro at it - must spend a lot of time in the kindergarten playground).

Wolfpack, when you watch the games (probably the replays) on TV, have a look at Tony's body language when he scores or when a team mate scores, because what I see is someone who just doesn't look interested. Of course, at the same time, I'd have no idea what is going through his mind when he is playing, but it doesn't look like he wants to be there - that's all.

Fair enough but it just doesn't look that way to me. Not everyone is going to jump up & down or showboat in front of the TV cameras. I think that Tony is happy just to do what he has to do & get on with it, though we have seen a few post-try fist pumps from him at times.

He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be comfortable acting up like that with so many people watching, he wasn't particularly outgoing at Parra or in the WC from what I saw.

If Tony Williams was lazy or disinterested, Des wouldn't cop it and he wouldn't make the side week in week out

Looks can be deceiving, some of the fastest players in the NRL don't even look like they are flying, but they are

Kiwi Eagle said:
If Tony Williams was lazy or disinterested, Des wouldn't cop it and he wouldn't make the side week in week out

and that's most probably the reason why he had that stint up with the SCSE in 2009 which seemed to have worked wonders for him as in my opinion his game has only gotten better for it. He still has his faults but at least he is finally learning to run harder and straight forward a bit more often.

codewana said:
Happy to take part in interesting debates - its the name calling that makes it degenerate into useless dribble on these boards (Bones is a pro at it - must spend a lot of time in the kindergarten playground).

Wolfpack, when you watch the games (probably the replays) on TV, have a look at Tony's body language when he scores or when a team mate scores, because what I see is someone who just doesn't look interested. Of course, at the same time, I'd have no idea what is going through his mind when he is playing, but it doesn't look like he wants to be there - that's all.

I think T-Rex might just be a big shy guy. He would stand out just because of his size, he probably shied away from acting up as it would have brought him unwanted attention.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6