Wolfman wants to remain a Sea Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Out-of-contract Manly winger David Williams says he wants to re-sign with the Sea Eagles and retire a one-club player at Brookvale Oval.

The 26-year-old is a free agent in 2014 and faces the possibility of being squeezed out at Manly thanks to a number of high-profile contract extensions – Brett Stewart, Daly Cherry-Evans and Keiran Foran among them – taking up salary cap space.

The Sea Eagles have nevertheless made it clear that they intend to keep the Wolfman and Williams says he hopes to finish out his career at the club that gave him his start.

"I certainly hope [to re-sign]," Williams told the SportsFan Clubhouse on Tuesday night.

"It's all up to how the stars align, so to speak. They've got a lot of recruitment done [at wing] this year with Peta [Hiku] and Jorge Taufua playing well.

"I'd love to stay there; I'd love to finish my career there. I've found a home with the boys. So we'll see how it plays out."

I hope he stays. He's been playing very well lately; strong runs, diffusing bombs and making some try-saving tackles. Plus, he brings so much personality to the team and no-doubt helps with sales of merchandise.
There are very few players in the NRL that have a persona. The Wolfman is a one-off and valuable in so many ways.

Well for one thing, we ladies need him.
Secondly he's playing some of his best football this season.
He's a player all fans seem to like as even little kids who support other clubs speak about the Wolfman.
It certainly speaks for our club's culture of mateship when no one wants to leave. Hope we keep our Wolfie.

Depnding on what money he is on I would be happy if they cut him lose and promote a kid.

Better off keeping Horhay on an upgraed deal.

I wouldn't want to lose Hiku to be honest. I think Gutherson is still a ways off (but I also think he may be Brett's replacement in 3-4 years time).

We certainly have a mass of riches at this club at the moment. Enjoy the ride guys. I certainly am.

Wolfy is a crowd favourite & especially loved by kids :)

His attack has slowly been building this year & let's hope Tooves can work on his defensive structures. I hope he stays on at our club next year.

Ryan said:
I wouldn't want to lose Hiku to be honest. I think Gutherson is still a ways off (but I also think he may be Brett's replacement in 3-4 years time).

We certainly have a mass of riches at this club at the moment. Enjoy the ride guys. I certainly am.

You an emotional man Ryan ;) just over a month ago we were crap, you'd had enough and chopping Hiku at the end of the year lok

I would love everyone to stay but to be honest Wolfie is not that high on the list of priorities. I hope he is realistic about his salary.

dowdz said:
Out-of-contract Manly winger David Williams says he wants to re-sign with the Sea Eagles and retire a one-club player at Brookvale Oval.

The 26-year-old is a free agent in 2014 and faces the possibility of being squeezed out at Manly thanks to a number of high-profile contract extensions – Brett Stewart, Daly Cherry-Evans and Keiran Foran among them – taking up salary cap space.

The Sea Eagles have nevertheless made it clear that they intend to keep the Wolfman and Williams says he hopes to finish out his career at the club that gave him his start.
"I certainly hope [to re-sign]," Williams told the SportsFan Clubhouse on Tuesday night.

"It's all up to how the stars align, so to speak. They've got a lot of recruitment done [at wing] this year with Peta [Hiku] and Jorge Taufua playing well.

"I'd love to stay there; I'd love to finish my career there. I've found a home with the boys. So we'll see how it plays out."

Excellent news!

I love the faith and loyalty Manly show to players that spend time on the sidelines through injury. Other clubs would consider these players as injury prone and risky investments. Wolf, George in particular, Brett. I hope Joe gets a chance to come back too.

bones said:
I doubt he'd be on ridiculous money. He should be re-signed. He always gives 100%

Can't we subsidise his playing income by making him the club's Lycan liaison officer?

dowdz said:

What is the SportsFan Clubhouse?

From memory after 08 we had to pay a decent amount to keep the Wolfman. Hopefully he is willing to stay for a bit less this time around.

Vyssini said:
bones said:
I doubt he'd be on ridiculous money. He should be re-signed. He always gives 100%

Can't we subsidise his playing income by making him the club's Lycan liaison officer?

I don't know, because I don't know what that means.

Just for bones ;)

Lycan

"a person affected with lycanthropy.

a werewolf or alien spirit in the physical form of a bloodthirsty wolf.

Origin: 1615–25; < Greek lykánthrōpos wolf-man, equivalent to lýk ( os ) wolf + ánthrōpos man"

Wolf would be a great ambassador for the club, would love to see him play out his career with us and and then have some future role in promoting the club for members to join the supporters band wagon.

I hope we keep him (having said that there's not too many players I don't want kept).

He makes strong runs at the back, tries hard (sure defensively can get caught out), and another reason is he is a character like big Georgey that everyone just loves, and I don't think those kind of players should be discounted lightly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4