Wolfman, Oldfield or Hoppa in the #5

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

who Should fill the #5 Jersey when we are at full strength

• Total voters

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Ok soon we will have Wolfman Oldfield & Hoppa all available for selection and all the other positions on the backline filled with
01.Brett Stewart
02.Michael Robertson
03.Jamie Lyom
04.Steve Matai
06.Keiran Foran
07.DCE

so the poll is who should fill the #5 jersey or do you have another solution
post your ideas for Dessie to read below

Post your ideas for Dessie to read. Lol.

Yeah he'll be trawling through this thread trying to work our how to pick the side.

David Williams is so injury prone there will be plenty of opportunities for the younger guys.

Didn't you hear? Des has expressed interest in outsourcing all team recruitment retention and selections to the silvertails forum.

In all seriousness though, Personally I think it's wolfman / robbo for this year if wolfie can be fit. Next year i expect wolfman or robbo to be gone to make way for the youngsters.

It's pretty simple. If Hoppa is to stay at Manly them he must be a regular in first grade this season. And the only available spot is on the wing so he should partner Robbo.

I think Wolfman and Hoppa are both more talented than Robbo, you never see Robertson break tackles and create opportunities. 99% of his tries are just generic winger tries after being put into space or an overlap.

That said he's been very consistent and I doubt Des would drop him from the side.

If out entire backline was in top form I'd go with Hoppa and Wolfman as our wingers with Brett at fullback.

I think you will find that Robbo, not before too long will be able to score a good deal in the UK, due to his scottish heritage he will be exempt from any import rule they have there.

its a tought one but im leaning to Hoppa>Oldfield>Wolfman

Oldfield has a bit of skill to him the others dont, in that he is putting in grubbers on the end of breaks and they are good, appear rehearsed. Also his ability to read Lyons kicks after only a few games is sensational.

I think Hoppa is destined for centre in the long run.

Number #5: Oldfield or Wolfman

I prefer Hoppa at Centre or Fullback.

This is a good headache to have.
My gut feel is Wolfman will be let go at the end of the season

This thread is overrated,Robbo has to be there? Since when? The wolf will take the 5 back,Oldfield will be left in NSW cup,no idea what Hopoate will do,perhaps a bench spot to take over for a wing/centre at the 60minute mark

Strongest team for mine includes Hoppa and Oldfield, which means Robbo & Wolfman out - as good as they are. Dessie won't do this though.

I think Robbo is the best winger at the club. Look at the work he does and how he can finish a try.

He is always back there covering up and takes some awesome catches on the high ball, then always willing to take a few hitups even though he gets belted in all of them.

He has to be one of the biggest value for money players we have had. Never misses a game, backs up willingly in different positions, can score and save a try.

For mine, he stays at least until the end of his contract.

When Wolfman gets better he'll be back on the wing, Hoppa back to the lower grades I think, mainly due to his age. Wasn't Des someone who didn't like the idea of rushing kids into NRL too quickly? I can't remember, even though Hoppa is a natural

If we don't play Hoppa in first grade there are at least two clubs that will. Hoppa needs to be in the side, end of story. imo Wolfman should be the first to go, he is a good player but we need to build for the future and Hoppa, Oldfield and Buhrer are the future. Robbo should have a place in the club till he decides to leave.

A few people have said it now but i can see Wolf and Robbo not really being around too much longer. I think Hoppa and The Oldman are the future. We can't keep them all, that's for sure!

Let's not forget that the Wolfman is still only 24 years old (25 in August) and will probably play for another 8 years or more at the highest level. He is also a highly marketable character. For mine I would have Robbo & Wolf for the remainder if this year with Hoppa off the bench or filling in as required. I would let Robbo go at the end of this season and then run with Wolf & Hoppa and have Oldfield off the bench and as an injury fill in.

Wolfman for sure. Always pops up. Runs hard. He'd be my preference. Oldfield and Hoppa look great for the future though.

T Rex can surely be moved on to help retain

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4