Wolfman next to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jethro said:
This is an off-topic comment to say nice avatar @WAMF and @SeaEagleRock Are you two twins :p
I'd forgotten I had an avatar, I've disabled that view because of my stupid puny download capacity on my stupid bigpond bundle, but just upgraded yesterday, at long last!
It's a good pic though. Maybe we were separated at birth? I'd better ask mum :D

Mum tells me I'm the smarter, better looking one. :D

What's the general consensus regarding Wolfie? Will he be at the club next year, and if so, will he make it back into first grade? I think we have missed his energy on the wing this year, but he certainly appeared to have lost some speed in the limited time he had in the top grade earlier in the season.

No doubt the club wants rid if wolfman.
That's why he's playing reserve grade. He had a couple of bad games fair enough but let's be honest. He's a much better winger than Hiku.
Probably on a lot more $$$ than Hiku so cya later Wolfie - Gota give a few more bucks to turtle.

Jerry1 said:
That's why he's playing reserve grade. He had a couple of bad games fair enough but let's be honest. He's a much better winger than Hiku.
Probably on a lot more $$$ than Hiku so cya later Wolfie - Gota give a few more bucks to turtle.

Do you reckon Hiku came cheap? Word at the time (of signing) was the Warriors were keen to throw big $$$ at him, but he knocked it back. You'd think the Manly money would have to be at least decent for him to have stayed.

Maybe but he wasn't a kangaroo or origin
Player - recon wolf would be on to dollar as wingers go. No matter - he's still a far better winger than either currently playing.

The club has made the decision not a lot you can do. Remember thinking the same with robbo - wrong player going but what can you do hey.

Jerry1 said:
Maybe but he wasn't a kangaroo or origin
Player - recon wolf would be on to dollar as wingers go. No matter - he's still a far better winger than either currently playing.

The club has made the decision not a lot you can do. Remember thinking the same with robbo - wrong player going but what can you do hey.

The Wolfie played 2 NSW Origin in 2009 and represented Australia in 2008
He is on the way out

Snake said:
Jerry1 said:

Wolfy would be in the top bracket of tryscorers in the NRL.
Speed is great but how many wingers have to run more than 20m these days.
Kick returns, kick receptions ( bomb catches ), hitups and tries are the yardstick and he covers 3 out of 4 in my book.

Hiku was U20's player of the year. He may not be quick but he can more than compentently cover 1 - 6.
He's only 21 and in his 2nd year he's started EVERY game and played wing, fullback, centre and last week even covered dummy half for a bit.

Whoops - forgot he is our top tryscorer.

He may not be quick, but he's learning from the best.

Patience.

Didn't he get a season ban for betting on games on the TAB or I am imagining reading that a while ago???

Jerry1 said:

Wolfman was awesome in 2013. He had a suspected season ending injury in the bloody 9s but tried to come back. He was clearly tentative in the games i saw. Lost his full tilt approach to running. Jorge injured badly in the parra trial. Let's give them both some credit for trying to stay on the field.

If wolf is injury-free in 2015 he still has something to offer. The decision for tooves is maybe it is time for our youth to come through.

I think the multis have decided wolfman's fate...imo manly to choose not to re-sign....even though he didnt bet against us...but more so to do with cap space

WESTIE said:
I think the multis have decided wolfman's fate...imo manly to choose not to re-sign....even though he didnt bet against us...but more so to do with cap space

After his poor performance in the final, he was basically written off by the club. He will be used if needed approach until his contract runs out. I don't think he was treated very fairly, from a bit of a icon character at the club who put a lot of bums on seats to a player on the outer. He should find a new club now which will give him a whole new positive outlook and change in his career

To me injuries robbed him of his form years ago - was still a decent finisher and tries scored were high etc BUT beyond raw stats his all around game has been trending downwards for several years. Shoulder injuries meant his defence was very suspect ( people knock Hiku but to me Wolf was certainly no better in defence either reading the play or in actual contact....and in my opinion worse ). Plus that broken neck seemed to have robbed him of some confidence in tight spots and he was playing with a touch of self preservation......and you could hardly blame him for that.

Think its all over for Wolfy. Shame.

The Indian said:
To me injuries robbed him of his form years ago - was still a decent finisher and tries scored were high etc BUT beyond raw stats his all around game has been trending downwards for several years. Shoulder injuries meant his defence was very suspect ( people knock Hiku but to me Wolf was certainly no better in defence either reading the play or in actual contact....and in my opinion worse ). Plus that broken neck seemed to have robbed him of some confidence in tight spots and he was playing with a touch of self preservation......and you could hardly blame him for that.

that pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

I think Blair is pretty much the best all-round winger at our club. Most likely the cheapest too. And he still can't get a gig in our run-on side.

The Indian said:

What Wolfie has got over Hiku is he is quicker and more athletic built for the wing

Frank said:
I think Blair is pretty much the best all-round winger at our club. Most likely the cheapest too. And he still can't get a gig in our run-on side.

Manly will battle with wingers next season as Blair, Gutho and Hiku are not real wingers. None of them have that explosive speed, athleticism and know positioning in defence well, I am not so confident with them under every high ball under pressure. I have watch a lot of Cup games with them playing. Taufua you would think would be moved to the backrow and Blair could as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4