Wolfman hoping for new Manly NRL deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
David Williams says he's still no closer to finding out if he'll be a Manly player next year.

The former NSW winger has battled a string of injuries throughout his career, including a broken neck last year, and has played just 60 NRL games since making his debut in 2008.
His contract expires at the end of the season but, with the club handing new deals to Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Matt Ballin and negotiating with star fullback Brett Stewart, Williams is still waiting to hear if he'll be staying.
The 25-year-old returned in style last Sunday from a seven-game layoff with a hamstring injury to score four tries against Parramatta, taking his NRL career record to an impressive 46.
And the former representative wide man is hopeful it will be enough to keep him at Brookvale.
"My manager and the club are sorting it out - I am running around like a headless chook," Williams said on Thursday.
"I'd love to stay here. There is a great culture - all the boys are great.
"Everyone wants to stay but the way the sport's going, it's not permitted and people have to move on."
Halfback Cherry-Evans said the Sea Eagles should not be criticised too greatly for taking their foot off the gas against Parramatta last Sunday.
Geoff Toovey's side roared to a 40-0 lead after 46 minutes, only for the Eels to hit back, scoring 24 unanswered points.
"It was a good first half, but there comes a stage in the game when you are 40-0 up that it becomes hard to keep pressing when you get that far ahead," Cherry-Evans said.
"There was definitely more praise than negativity when we watched the tape.
"While you can't take away some of the errors we made in the second half, we were very good in the first."

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6