Wolfman hoping for new Manly NRL deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has got what baseball people love to term "clubhouse presence" A positive for all around him. He is an average winger tho.

Good story about wolfie, my mate was having a party at his place in Terrey Hills the same night that wolfie was moving out of his up there, wolfie let some of my mates in, let them write on his walls (he said the place was getting demolished) and showed off his prowess with the ladies.

ALWAYS friendly and happy to have a chat with anyone. Top bloke.

Despite Wolffy denying he has spoken to Leeds Rhinos the rumours are still there that he might be with us in 2013. What's the latest news on a new Manly contract for him?

Napper said:
Wolfman in form > Hoppa junior. Simple. He's been our best winger since 2008.

Robbo would like to have a word with you

But seriously,Hoppa was only good due to utility value and strength.....and less injuries

The Eagle said:
Napper said:
Wolfman in form > Hoppa junior. Simple. He's been our best winger since 2008.

Robbo would like to have a word with you

But seriously,Hoppa was only good due to utility value and strength.....and less injuries

Robbo was a legend but you gotta admit an in form Wolf is up there with the best wingers in the world.

We need Wolfy but I think he will be reasonable in negotiations seeing he owes the club with the injury run he has had (60 Games in 5 Years). I think $120K is fair.

Also, he has had some horrendous injures over the last few years but he is looking a bit skinny for it. I really hope he can stay injury free and has a big off-season and can bulk up.

globaleagle said:
150K for wolfie
50k for the beard

Yeah it's a great beard! Much better than the one I am trying to grow at the moment hehe.

He's a better than average winger + "clubhouse presence" + marketability + his attitude + his strike rate far outweigh perceived or real injury concerns.
He is a must keep imo, he was a late bloomer and he plays with the enthusiasm of a first year rookie but knows what what.
His hit ups & kick returns v the Dogs were first class, 4 tries v the chooks in his comeback match when he's entitled to be rusty show he is worthy.
If I remember rightly, many were questioning Robbo at various stages, they may not be the flashiest wingers going around but they've been two of our best through the past 5-6 years.
It's also a blessing in disguise having a winger that gets injured every now & then, it keeps the backups keen and gives them a taste.

HappilyManly said:
Frank said:
I think he is worth just as much to Manly off the field as on. He gets the kids through the turnstiles and my kids love listening to the wolfman howls from the crowd every time he scores. He is promoter's dream.

He is inspirational and fearless on the field and only knows one speed - flat chat.

I can't put a value on what all that is worth but I really think he should be retained.

The Wolfie's Howlers Charity Sponsor is just one example of the Wolfman's promotional value to the Club.

47 tries in 60 games is not merely him falling over the line from Jamie's offloads. He positions himself to complete the movement.

That last minute try in Brisbane was started by his catching the ball, supporting the play with a torn hamstring and falling over to score the match winner :angel: He then refused to walk off the field till he limped over to the MWTS Bay to give us an appreciative howl :D

His self deprication is examplied by us not hearing of his Contract negotiations till all the 'big fish' were signed by Manly.

He is a must have IMO, such a happy disposition must rub off on the Team as well as us Supporters. :angel:

Here here I second and third all this, nice post by Frank and HappilyManly.

HappilyManly said:
Frank said:
I think he is worth just as much to Manly off the field as on. He gets the kids through the turnstiles and my kids love listening to the wolfman howls from the crowd every time he scores. He is promoter's dream.

He is inspirational and fearless on the field and only knows one speed - flat chat.

I can't put a value on what all that is worth but I really think he should be retained.

The Wolfie's Howlers Charity Sponsor is just one example of the Wolfman's promotional value to the Club.

47 tries in 60 games is not merely him falling over the line from Jamie's offloads. He positions himself to complete the movement.

That last minute try in Brisbane was started by his catching the ball, supporting the play with a torn hamstring and falling over to score the match winner :angel: He then refused to walk off the field till he limped over to the MWTS Bay to give us an appreciative howl :D

His self deprication is examplied by us not hearing of his Contract negotiations till all the 'big fish' were signed by Manly.

He is a must have IMO, such a happy disposition must rub off on the Team as well as us Supporters. :angel:

Here here I second and third all this, nice post by Frank and HappilyManly.

globaleagle said:
150K for wolfie
50k for the beard

Plus $10k for every try:)

Then everyone is happy:angel:

Did anyone catch last Sundays Footyshow?
The Wolfman killed it with charm,humour and some honest appraisal of our form in 2012.
Although he got his hatrick being his first, wrong. I recall he scored 3 on debut as a Kangaroo:)

globaleagle said:
150K for wolfie
50k for the beard

Plus $10k for every try:)

Then everyone is happy:angel:

Did anyone catch last Sundays Footyshow?
The Wolfman killed it with charm,humour and some honest appraisal of our form in 2012.
Although he got his hatrick being his first, wrong. I recall he scored 3 on debut as a Kangaroo:)

What's the latest on the Wolfman getting a new Manly contract for 2013? It appears to have gone all quite both in Aus and the UK but still rumours that Leeds Rhinos are keen to sign him. The longer it goes on might suggest that Manly will not resign him? Does anyone know if he will be playing in UK in 2013?

Is it just me or does Wolfy look a little bit smaller up top? Wouldn't be surprised if he lost a bit of bulk with his injury but I wonder if that's effected his confidence, let alone his actual ability? Might go a little ways to explaining his somewhat erratic form this year. Perhaps with an injury free off season might see him return to his very best (08 form) next season?

Masked Eagle said:
Is it just me or does Wolfy look a little bit smaller up top? Wouldn't be surprised if he lost a bit of bulk with his injury but I wonder if that's effected his confidence, let alone his actual ability? Might go a little ways to explaining his somewhat erratic form this year. Perhaps with an injury free off season might see him return to his very best (08 form) next season?

Let's just hope he'll be wearing maroon & white next season. The longer Snake's negotiations drag on the longer the uncertainty will remain around Wolfy's playing future.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6