Wolf has been GREAT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Plenty of opportunities to lay a boot into Wolf after some uncharacteristic errors in the GF.
But you wont get it from me.
Some vital moments he will not want on his best of compilation when he retires from a career, but far more good plays than bad if we look back.
The bomb he lost near the 50th minute gave the Roosters momentum big time in a game they were floundering, but there were many other stars who made crucial errors.
Lyon also dropped a bomb 10m out that he would catch 999 times out of 1000 at a pivotal moment & threw a flick pass to Wolfs ankles when a standard pass would have given him a very strong chance to put Manly in front with 8 minutes to go.
There were plenty more than Wolf who were not quite at their best but this bloke has been a champion for Manly & deserves support.
We all talk up loyalty & expect it from the players, maybe it should work both ways.
Still a massive fan of the Wolf, sure it was not his best game but we could single out plenty more players in that game.

Fully agree MK. 1 player doesn't lose you the game. Wolfy went well this year. He had his best year so far and should be given the chance to start again in '14. I don't think he should lose his spot in 1 low game. I think Lyon did not help his cause too much. He should have been in spot to help/protect in the first try for Tupou. He also gave a really bad pass towards the end that any player would have dropped.

Id agree with that MK

HOWEVER

It would seem the "new breed"of wingers are about 6 foot 7 inches tall and can jump like Buddy Franklin.

So time will tell......I reckon he'll get an offer somewhere else for 3 years and the Eagle's will say "thanks for the memories"

But agree he has been great for us

MK Eagle said:
Plenty of opportunities to lay a boot into Wolf after some uncharacteristic errors in the GF.
But you wont get it from me.
Some vital moments he will not want on his best of compilation when he retires from a career, but far more good plays than bad if we look back.
The bomb he lost near the 50th minute gave the Roosters momentum big time in a game they were floundering, but there were many other stars who made crucial errors.
Lyon also dropped a bomb 10m out that he would catch 999 times out of 1000 at a pivotal moment & threw a flick pass to Wolfs ankles when a standard pass would have given him a very strong chance to put Manly in front with 8 minutes to go.
There were plenty more than Wolf who were not quite at their best but this bloke has been a champion for Manly & deserves support.
We all talk up loyalty & expect it from the players, maybe it should work both ways.
Still a massive fan of the Wolf, sure it was not his best game but we could single out plenty more players in that game.

MK Eagle, the voice of optimism! Good to hear it. I remember a certain MK Eagle on this forum saying we were about to win 5 in a row (admittedly against weak opposition), and a lot of people thought we couldn't. And we did, and made a great run to the GF!

A few days ago we were all whingeing that Tuivasa Shek got Dally M Winger of the Year and Wolf or Taufau didn't!

Not Wolfs greatest game, it happens.

Boys (including Wolf) you did us proud, I've been wearing my Sea Eagles stuff all day (with a household full of Roosters fans), disappointed sure, but still loving the Manly boys!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Id agree with that MK

HOWEVER

It would seem the "new breed"of wingers are about 6 foot 7 inches tall and can jump like Buddy Franklin.

So time will tell......I reckon he'll get an offer somewhere else for 3 years and the Eagle's will say "thanks for the memories"

But agree he has been great for us
I still feel theres room for the Uate/Taufua & Wolf style winger Mark.
Heres the thing - admittedly he was out jumped by a taller winger in the 1st try but did he have much help or protection??
If Wolf gets a decent pass & scores that try with 9 minutes left , he becomes the matchwinner & everyone would be wearing their Wolfman masks for the next week.
His defence on that side had them covered all night & he made some great direct runs when we slowed up in that last 20 mins, actually busting the line on half way & dragged down in a desperate tackle.
Apart from being high flyers those Rooster wingers were had nothing & Manly dominated them all game even creating errors we dont hear about because....we did not make them pay on the back of it.

Good stuff MK. I understand that Wolf's GF performance was way down and he'd hate that fact. I'd guess he'd be internally gutted by the way he played last night.
He's been fantastic for us this year. I disagree with the people who are solely blaming Wolfie for the loss and especially with those who want him axed. It's un-Manly like to turn on your own. I hope the club and fans think carefully about their decisions. If he's shown some faith I'm sure he'll repay his mistakes.

Agree MK. Last week Wolfie was a hero (with his superb try) and this week he's a villain. Pity he can't play next week as he'd no doubt redeem himself.

Crucifying him for last night is unwarranted - nobody can be perfect all of the time.

He's had a great season, just not a great game. Still has some issues with his reading of the play in defence but he's still got plenty of good footy left in him.

Great attack ,average defence. Would still sign him though ,but on the condition he contests every high ball for the rest of his days.

Simply contesting the ball in a bomb situation can upset the attacking player's chances of catching it. Particularly against much taller players close to the line. If the contest was 10 to 15 metres out then that's another story.

Standing there like a deer in the headlights achieves nothing. The results in the GF speak for themselves.

The decision the club has to make when deciding whether or not to re-sign him is whether or not the marketability of the "Wolfman" is enough to counter any perceived inadequacies he has on the field. The other question is will we be holding a better player back in doing so?

Didnt have a great game but I will not be laying the boot into him. What it did was make the Roosters wingers look very good at jumping in the air big deal apart from that part of the game we had both wingers covered.

Wolf didn't have his best game. I still don't understand the theory of not contesting that bomb on the Tupou try. At 1m from the line giving him a free catch was courting danger. If he contests that kick at least he makes him "earn" the catch, anything could have happened. Just letting him catch it and fall over the line was a poor decision.

...Or he needs to stand back, take a run up, then hit Tupou with all he has a soon as he touches the ground.

But...wolfie has been great.

He was obviously blinded by the floodlights when he let that bomb bounce. Not sure what he is expected to do in that situation.
He wasn't the first, and won't the last player that Tupou out-jumps to score a try.
His dropped ball when a try was on, was as much, maybe even more Lyons fault for the low pass.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4