Witt at 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I may be wrong but I commend Des for making this call. (Not that he had a lot of choice.)

Witt was very good for us in the first half of last year and in some games ran the side around whilst Monas stuffed around at half. He was solid in both attack and defence without rating as outstanding. He certainly didn't let us down and had a couple of blinders.

Defensively he struggled around the ST George game but the whole side had the wheels falling off at the same stage. He was then dropped for a number of weeks while Willo, Beaver and Handbag all got their go. Come a semi final and suddenly he was thrust back in again. The side didn't match up and he has spent this season so far in the wilderness.

His form in PL (albeit at half) has been good, he has been waiting his chance and has an opportunity to prove a point that he is a first grade player. Noone doubts his potential though his temperament to perform under pressure has been in question.

Surely this weekend is time for Witty to stand up and prove he is not a spent force, especially against his Junior club. He is playing for a future contract as well and often players are at the best in this context.

Fully agree.

In addition, it will be good for Witt (and the supporters) to put to bed the question....can Witt be some sort of use in 1sts for the club?

My money is no, but I actually hope he blitzes it and propels himself to new level of his career. I wish for him to have an exceptional game.

I'm not sure what "it" is, but Witt doesn't have it. Des didn't really have too many options, but I'm not confident against the Knights, and Witt at #6 has compounded the lack of confidence.

I think he has the ability to hold an NRL spot. But to expect him to have a top game first game back will be a tough ask.

Completely disagree CW he was never good for us, he was improving for the first month or two which is all you could ask but then his game started getting worse. Not once did he run the side.

He has done some good thing in PL this year but also a lot of bad things - think matai

unless orford can take complete control we will lose

If he plays his normal game I think he will take a bit more pressure off Orford in attack than Burns ever has, his defence won't be as good though.

Yep, Witt's a real worry. Willo for this game. Pass and tackle, that's all that's required.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4