With the build up of the WCC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
I've noticed a lot has been said about the Manly vs Wigan (this may be due to the fact that Wigan are playing in the WCC for the first time in ages) clash of 1987.

Now using the build up of tomorrows clash could you imagine if the two clubs ever got the chance to meet again (and I mean the Manly and Wigan clubs).

Wigan would be out to add another honour to there list seriously there trophy room must be as big a Bunnings store nowadays.
and
Manly would be out to avenge the lost of the 1987 title

I remember there seemed to be a fair level of excitement in the UK when we went there after '08. I think all English teams want a crack at us. Our brand was pretty well marketed over there in the 70's & 80's and still seems popular.

There was a lot interest in the Manly/Rhinos clash in Northern England.Every where we went in Leeds,and at Bradford (I think it was),there was huge interest in League.Of course London was different-"what's the sea-eagles"?"Are you a rugby team"?All football!

ayjay007 link said:
There was a lot interest in the Manly/Rhinos clash in Northern England.Every where we went in Leeds,and at Bradford (I think it was),there was huge interest in League.Of course London was different-\"what's the sea-eagles\"?\"Are you a rugby team\"?All football!

Got to remember that the English call both codes Rugby

I would suggest our popularity had something to do with the successful pommy imports i.e. Mal Reilly, Kevin Ward etc

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2