With owners like these .......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Football Club is a seperate entity from the Manly Sea Eagles.

It's $25.00 a year to be a footy club member, to be honest (other than feeling a part of things) you don't get any value out of this, I do a little bit as I get a Leagues Club entrance with that without the need to sign in, but as I only get there twice a year, and they'd let me in anyway, it's no big deal.

The football club no longer particpates financially in the running of the team, they do however have a big say (ie, we remain at Brookvale, Team Colours etc etc), so that still gives me "a say" if something big like that comes up.

The season ticket and membership through the Manly Sea Eagles is what runs the team itself, so you are still participating if you are one of them but you are NOT a Football Club member by just being one of those.

Hope that clears up the Football Club and Season Tickets holder Member issue for you all.

GO MANLY in 2009

What was that score again, I keep forgettting.....oh yes now I remember FORTY - NIL

of more importance I feel is the question nobody has yet asked.

Mark, what are you doing mixed up with a Collingwood supporter? :)

See here re the "make up" of the club and various entitities.

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/manly-warringah-sea-eagles-family.asp

DS - Onya mate and great to see the whole family getting behind the club (I include my kids season tickets (Screaming Eagles) and football club membership as part of their Christmas presents - more rewarding, thery love having their own personalised ticket and the goodies that come with membership (The new lunch bag that comes with 2009 junior membership is getting it's first airing at school today!!)  and it's better value and lasts a lot longer than the latest bit of plastic crap.)

Your membership gives you "Screaming Eagles" membership (Membership of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited - the franchise as it were)....not Football Club membership (Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited) which importantly holds one Preference Share in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited giving the Football Club control of the Name, Colours, Emblem and Home Ground location of the football teams operated by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.

If you were not an existing football club member you wouldn't have received anything in the mail for this membership

Total Football Club membership as at the financial statement October 2008 was 52 Life members (most recent was "Owen "OJ" Cunningham"), 869 adult members and 76 junior members (so 997 in total)

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/assets/documents/08-FCFinance.pdf - The membership program was re-structured last season (The financial statement above gives details and also directors names etc.)

I know Mark from Brisbane is a member as is Wheel

The Football Club membership is $25 a year and membership runs from Jan - Dec (The AGM will be held at the Leageus Club this Thursday (Access to members only) - if you would like further details on the Football Club email me your contacts to [email protected]?

I keep my membership of the Football Club to allow me a say on the direction of the club by retaining the important preference share....my dream is that one day we have enough members to allow the Football Club to buy back shares from Max and the Penn family to repay them for their investment and that the club is owned by and profits from a strong supportive member base with a capable and committed management team supporting the playing and coaching squad

Vid

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178982.msg204347#msg204347 date=1229396941]
Just received my season ticket and membership goodies today. 

You will be happy to know I actually packed yours Tookey
[/quote]

:eek:  The bomb must have fallen out of the envelope before it was delivered.

I will return the crotchless undies with lush written on the back to you when I see you next.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Looking forward to getting my pack in the mail !!! Any of you buggers send one to Christchurch ???

yes there was one to Christchurch and alo quite a few to UK and other countries and also every state bar Tassie from what i recall

I got my pack in the mail today as well. I'm not all that interested in the hat, or the calander mind you, but anything that contributes to the Manly club (even if it is only 60 bucks or whatever) is a positive thing in my mind.

I'm in a position where I get no value from buying a season ticket (free entry to games covers that for me), so really the only package that applies to me is the Screaming Eagles pack - which I signed up for.

I don't really care either way as to whether people decide to become members or not, but the AFL example is a good one. If an AFL club has membership numbers under 30k, they're a f*cking joke. If any NRL club put out a press release claiming to have those sort of member numbers, you'd know straight away it was a misprint. And 45,000 x 60 bucks (assuming the Collingwood membership package is similarly priced) is some nice cookies. That's $2,700,000. A year. We just signed our front of jersey sponsorship for $2.8 million, but it was over three years.....

Hopefully my pack is on it's way!!

I signed up for Bird of Prey membership about a month ago.

Dan, we all know you wear the pants in your house. It's just the missus tells you what colour and type to wear.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178982.msg204351#msg204351 date=1229399262]
Looking forward to getting my pack in the mail !!! Any of you buggers send one to Christchurch ???

yes there was one to Christchurch and alo quite a few to UK and other countries and also every state bar Tassie from what i recall
[/quote]

Sensational, that should be mine then, am looking forward to getting the calendar, saves me buying one.

Kiwi, you are the first person I've ever heard of who actually purchases a calender.  Over here any shop worth anything gives them away.  Must be an NZ thing.

Dan link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178982.msg204341#msg204341 date=1229384998]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178982.msg204335#msg204335 date=1229382874]

I already have to put a case forward to the Mrs if I want to buy a case of beer, imaging trying to get something non-tangible through her

I can see who wears the pants in your family Dan
[/quote]

Perhaps, We are just on a mission to pay off a few debts by mid next year. We have basically poured the remaining of our savings into the car loan and her credit cards, getting rid of the high interest ones ASAP to give us some breathing space. Once we have all that done, we will be in a better position to almost double our Monthly house repayments, we are hoping to move to a lower fixed rate loan about mid next year also rather than a variable one, basically strike whilst rates are low, again meaning we can effectively just wipe out as much as we can. We are basically putting about 80% of our earnings across each of the loans and living on as little as we possibly can. Which makes beer a luxury and I am trying to keep myself to 1 case a month.

Make sense now?
[/quote]  Poor old Gen Y hey.  Over extend themselves buying nick nacks and then cry poor with interest rates conspiring against them. 

ManlyBacker link said:
I see Russ has the ponytail back and lots of attitude. Nice for all the Soufs fans to cop an anti-Santa message just in time for Chrissie. :)
  The Soufs supporters may believe in Santa, but I believe the Toof Fairy had no reason to visit their households. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178982.msg204342#msg204342 date=1229385430]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178982.msg204341#msg204341 date=1229384998]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178982.msg204335#msg204335 date=1229382874]

I already have to put a case forward to the Mrs if I want to buy a case of beer, imaging trying to get something non-tangible through her

I can see who wears the pants in your family Dan
[/quote]

Perhaps, We are just on a mission to pay off a few debts by mid next year. We have basically poured the remaining of our savings into the car loan and her credit cards, getting rid of the high interest ones ASAP to give us some breathing space. Once we have all that done, we will be in a better position to almost double our Monthly house repayments, we are hoping to move to a lower fixed rate loan about mid next year also rather than a variable one, basically strike whilst rates are low, again meaning we can effectively just wipe out as much as we can. We are basically putting about 80% of our earnings across each of the loans and living on as little as we possibly can. Which makes beer a luxury and I am trying to keep myself to 1 case a month.

Make sense now?
[/quote]  Poor old Gen Y hey.  Over extend themselves buying nick nacks and then cry poor with interest rates conspiring against them. 
[/quote]

I didnt over extend myself. The house is in my name but it is the only Debt that I have

My partner on the other hand, hasnt been as good with debts. We arent crying poor, simply that we are focusing on putting the majority of our money into the debts whilst the rates are low

Not in Matas books, in his book it is a fault of Gen Y apparently

I'm not Gen Y and I am doing exactly the same thing, channelling every spare cent in to debt.

but I have a little arrival turning up in June so trying to clear the decks before that happens as we will be 1.5 incomes for a while.

some people believe in choice only if the choices mirror theirs (although 1 poster is known for pressing buttons to get a reaction)

Fro link said:
I'm not Gen Y and I am doing exactly the same thing, channelling every spare cent in to debt.

Why with interest rates being at the current levels??

because housing rates are low, the rest haven't come down much if at all, credit cards have hardly budged.

Taking the amount that house payments have dropped by and channelling it into CC is just common sense.

Fro link said:
because housing rates are low, the rest haven't come down much if at all, credit cards have hardly budged.

Taking the amount that house payments have dropped by and channelling it into CC is just common sense.

Fro do you have the ability to increae your home loan to repay your credit card debts?  If so you would be better off doing that and save yourself from paying 18% or whatever interest rate your credit card is on.

It is better to pay accelerated repayments on a home loan at 6% than a credit card at 18% as more of your repayment is going toards paying the principle instead of interest. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2