Wins like this will help us come finals time.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
It may have been an ugly win but its wins like this that separate the good teams from the great teams. Last year we would have lost that game and every team has off games but its how you handle those that counts. Im sure Des will be critical of our mistakes and he will address them for next weeks big game.

The biggest downer for me was the injuries to Joe and T-Rex but we have Rodney coming back real soon and Kite should also be back soon. We are lucky the Goons also have some injuries so it should be a good game next week and im confident we will have one of our best games of the year. Manly by 6 in a close one for mine.

torana355 said:
It may have been an ugly win but its wins like this that separate the good teams from the great teams. Last year we would have lost that game and every team has off games but its how you handle those that counts. Im sure Des will be critical of our mistakes and he will address them for next weeks big game.

The biggest downer for me was the injuries to Joe and T-Rex but we have Rodney coming back real soon and Kite should also be back soon. We are lucky the Goons also have some injuries so it should be a good game next week and im confident we will have one of our best games of the year. Manly by 6 in a close one for mine.

After a couple of very easy wins, we faded a bit for this. The opposition stood up to us and gave us a fight. I think our attitude wasn't right especially after scoring in the first few minutes. But we dug in real deep at the end even though it should not have gotten that close. You are right, it is games like this that really bring it home in the finals. But Parra is not a finals team. Hopefully the boys will really be hungry to prove thay are better than what was dished up last nite.

grinding wins make a world of difference to the confidence of a team.

Sharks, Titans and now Parra threw everthing at us, yet we still hung in there and played the 80mins.

I think alot of people are underestimating how well Parra played. They had alot of second phase play and were shifting the ball wide early in the tackle count. They threw EVERYTHING at us and we still won. Sure we were down a touch but you can't play a whole season at 100%.

the other thing is that parra were comin off the bye and had 2 weeks preparations.
as des warned,expect an ambush,which they almost pulled off

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Would have lost 2-4 of these tighter games in recent seasons- played at 60% with injuries & sus calls but a quality side needs no excuses - as shown.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6