• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
rhino99 said:
Strong rumours in the UK that David "Wolfman" Williams will be playing for Leeds Rhinos in ESL next year. Do you think there's any truth in the rumour and will he be a good signing?

Judging by the accuracy of rumours of late, no.

Sumdumguy said:
rhino99 said:
Strong rumours in the UK that David "Wolfman" Williams will be playing for Leeds Rhinos in ESL next year. Do you think there's any truth in the rumour and will he be a good signing?

Judging by the accuracy of rumours of late, no.
Good point!

Whare is a better player than Tafua at this stage but that is not to say I dont like or rate Tafua. He is a big bloke and does not shirk the tough stuff. He is a good prospect.

Sheikheagle said:
Whare's performance was outstanding today the best by any of our wingers this season

Agreed. Whare can't be dropped for the game against the Broncos assuming Wolfy will be back.

rhino99 said:

We love Wolfy and would hate to lose him.:heart:

But if your Club is lucky enough to get him - here is what you can look forward to:

Wolfy never gives less than 100%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmQWFxvh3Ws

Round 15 2011 at 4:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJteorMPbM&feature=relmfu

Round 1 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxfqYC0D10

And for the grand finale :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoBUWfrKsUA

Just in regard to the wingers. Dean Whare just looks like he glides when he runs , really good on his feet! Plus he wants to be involved I think he is a good one , hope we can hang on to him..

Wolf clearly the best winger at Manly.
Whare is class & with more game time be right up there.
Taufua has loads of potential but needs catchers mits - always drops a couple & every time a kick is heading toward him I cringe a little.
Scary part is my recollection of a young winger we once had who was very similar in speed, strength ,raw ability & playing style right down to some dropsies.....John Hopoate senior.

Whare all class and would be in my starting line up just ahead of Taufua at this stage. Taufua brings ball back well, hands are a worry, and at times seems to lack urgency.

I reckon Taufua has been excellent. A couple of lapses, but the Wolfman hasn't exactly been perfect either. In fact year to date Jorge has made 7 errors in 5 games (4 of those in his shocker against the Dogs) and Wolfy has made 9 errors in 8 games. Not a huge difference, however when you talk about metres, there is a huge difference. Jorge has average 128m per game and only once has he failed to run more than 100. Wolfy is averaging 90m but has had 5 games when he hasn't cracked the tonne. Of course there are things to consider like the game when Wolfman got injured will effect his stats, but that being said, I'm more than happy with what Jorge Taufua is doing for us. He's an excellent kick returner, not quite doing what Hoppa did for us last year but he isn't far off it. He knows how to get between defenders and not only does this enhance his chances of making a bust but it also greatly increases his play the ball speed. Wolfy just runs straight into the first defender, courageous no doubt, but it can mean he can be dominated at the tackle and if its an early in the set it can really halt our momentum.

Purely on performances this year, I think I'd give Taufua the nod over Wolfman.

Its a tuff one this one... Tafua def has alot of potential, It feels like everytime he runs the ball back from kicks he is so close to breaking through that first line of defense he is such a strong runner but i gotta admit i get nervous everytime opposition kicks to him aswell.I also think sometimes he gets found out positionly in defence like he doesnt drop back when he should to cover 40/20 kicks or just normal cross field kicks. In saying that dean whara looks like a future superstar, he has awesome footwork and is quick and supports better than anyone in our team at the moment... is it just me or is our support play not there compared to last year? [/align]

MK Eagle said:
Scary part is my recollection of a young winger we once had who was very similar in speed, strength ,raw ability & playing style right down to some dropsies.....John Hopoate senior.

Tafua looks like Hoppa Snr as well.

Masked Eagle said:
I reckon Taufua has been excellent. A couple of lapses, but the Wolfman hasn't exactly been perfect either. In fact year to date Jorge has made 7 errors in 5 games (4 of those in his shocker against the Dogs) and Wolfy has made 9 errors in 8 games. Not a huge difference, however when you talk about metres, there is a huge difference. Jorge has average 128m per game and only once has he failed to run more than 100. Wolfy is averaging 90m but has had 5 games when he hasn't cracked the tonne. Of course there are things to consider like the game when Wolfman got injured will effect his stats, but that being said, I'm more than happy with what Jorge Taufua is doing for us. He's an excellent kick returner, not quite doing what Hoppa did for us last year but he isn't far off it. He knows how to get between defenders and not only does this enhance his chances of making a bust but it also greatly increases his play the ball speed. Wolfy just runs straight into the first defender, courageous no doubt, but it can mean he can be dominated at the tackle and if its an early in the set it can really halt our momentum.

Purely on performances this year, I think I'd give Taufua the nod over Wolfman.

Good Post

I'd go with Wolfy ahead of Tafua for the Broncos but mainly based on experience.

I know we all love wolfy, he is a great character and great to have around the club.

However this year his form has been solid without being spectacular, and whilst he has enough brownie points he has Whare and Tafua breathing down his neck.

If him moving to England lets us keep Ballin then i am all for it!

NFN2IT said:
Its a tuff one this one... Tafua def has alot of potential, It feels like everytime he runs the ball back from kicks he is so close to breaking through that first line of defense he is such a strong runner but i gotta admit i get nervous everytime opposition kicks to him aswell.I also think sometimes he gets found out positionly in defence like he doesnt drop back when he should to cover 40/20 kicks or just normal cross field kicks. In saying that dean whara looks like a future superstar, he has awesome footwork and is quick and supports better than anyone in our team at the moment... is it just me or is our support play not there compared to last year? [/align]

Something I also noticed was our support play, it was great to see whare tearing up the middle, this is why I believe he should be in the team, over the years Brett has lost that part of his game and for good reasons, it's something that we miss though ! I've also noticed our forwards aren't running together in numbers so it's very 1 up. Whare adds that extra bit of support, was awesome to watch him come out of know where to sprint down the middle !

I saw on another thread that Brad Walter said on BSB he is hearing Wolfman to Leeds. Has this being confirmed by Manly and do you think the rumour is accurate? The Leeds Rhinos club are not commenting. I hope it's true as you seem to think that Williams is a good player and would be sorry to loose him..

Wolf gave so much in the game against Canterbury. So many high quality kick returns and hit ups.

Whare looks very quick off the mark, but did you notice he was slower than matai on the long break that led to Jamie's try on Sunday? Once Steve passed it to whare, things momentarily went backwards, seemingly.

Positionally, Taufua is way behind the other two. Trust me, I'm an expert.

rhino99 said:
I saw on another thread that Brad Walter said on BSB he is hearing Wolfman to Leeds. Has this being confirmed by Manly and do you think the rumour is accurate? The Leeds Rhinos club are not commenting. I hope it's true as you seem to think that Williams is a good player and would be sorry to loose him..

Has Manly or Wolfman/manager commented on the rumour in the local media?

The wolfman is tenacious . He has had a serious neck injury but still runs harder at the opposition that any of our forwards. He is our most experienced and skillful winger . Tafua is an animal . We might get nervous watching him catch the ball but the opposition gets more nervous when he runs at them . If the wolfman is fit I think he and Tafua will start against the Broncos

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4