Wing to play Rugby

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Rumor has it the Craig Wing is going to Japanese Rugby next year.

shame he is still a bllody good player

That should free up some cash at Souffs.  Too bad really, I always thought he'd be good for us.  Good luck to him. 

Yeah he has been good this year but I suppose he wants to look after himself and his family....

The Roosters ruined Wing. I saw him play 5/8 at high school and I think he could have been one of the best halves League/Union has ever seen. By making him make 30+ tackles per game at hooker, the Roosters ruined all that imo. Thanks Murray/Stuart.

I'll miss the shirt-off shots of Wing. Not a bad view at all. He's getting on a bit in athlete years so he might as well take the best money offer he can get.

I thought he had family issues which kept him in oz (his sister etc)

Nutzcraw link said:
I think he owes souths.

Apparently something has happened which saw him lose the part of his contract that was third party, so he probably feels that he doesn't owe them anything

If that's the case KE well maybe he doesn't but he hasn't played many games for them and is on good coin.

Stiffi, no club will touch tuqiri... the only team that would pay more than 250k for a winger is the broncos (Falou) and look where that has got them.

Tuqiri will continue being a rah rah

he will make a scrum half in rugby and might get a wallaby jersey out of it if he plays a year in Aus

Not just Jap rugby.. 2nd div Jap rugby. Wow  :-\

niccipops link said:
I'll miss the shirt-off shots of Wing. Not a bad view at all. He's getting on a bit in athlete years so he might as well take the best money offer he can get.

While I will also miss these shots, nicci, my respect for him in that respect has dropped to zero after his break up with Zoe Foster.. seems like a jerk from what I've heard.. Give me Wolfy any day  :p

Crusher_Cleal link said:
The Roosters ruined Wing. I saw him play 5/8 at high school and I think he could have been one of the best halves League/Union has ever seen. By making him make 30+ tackles per game at hooker, the Roosters ruined all that imo. Thanks Murray/Stuart.

You're a Sydney High old boy?

Apparently this 2nd div Jap Rugby thing is $60k per game, something like 12 games a year, not uncommon for star imports to be rested frequently.  Mark Gerrard plays in the same team Wing's signed for.

As for Souths, this frees up half a million in the cap and they're going to look for Khunt.  Interestingly enough, if this happened earlier i reckon there'd be a fair chance that LeStrange would've gotten signed.

But i can see why he'd do it and good on him i guess.  Played well for the Blues, lost a LOT of money apparently in the last few years so time to look forward and save for the future.  Shame he didn't play for Manly...

Absolutely no chance of playing for the Wallabies, may make the japanese national side, half their team is imports .

I agree with Crusher that he should have been playing 5/8. I saw him play a game there earlier this year and he killed them, he was a complete waste as a bench hooker and if Souths had a coach with brains they would have played him at 5/8 and had Sutton at lock.

I watched Wing as an Australian Schoolboy and for a number of years in the schoolboy comp. He was a brilliant running five-eighth and made Sydney High quite a competitive side in those days. At top rep level he was also very good but lacked a kicking game, which limited his high level aspirations in that code. Will be interesting to see where they want to play him. I fancy he would make quite a good 12.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4