• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
This is all hypothetical of course.

Wolfie retires after that game.

He sues Slater for the dirty hit. Lots of past video evidence to indicate repeated intent and malice.

The money he makes off Melbourne is the same amount as his salary for the rest of the year.

His salary for the rest of the year all of a sudden does not count towards the salary cap. It's not June 30 yet after all.

The extra money that we can spend from the cap is the first of many salary increases for DCE. It wouldn't be that much as a top up, because I suspect Wolfie was on as little as 100K.

Gutherson is ready.

Still playing the same ignorant tune - Wolfie costs us the game, all on his own :huh:

Have a clear look at Hiku's errors, Blair's in NSW Cup, Symmond's mistakes and our forward pack's inability to stop offloads. :dodgy:

Wolfie will be back to NSW Cup next week, but the above Players won't :cool:

It is and always remain, a team sport.

This wolf knocking does get a bit tiresome.Reminds me of Orford.Bought him to take us to the next level after being also rans,wins a dally m and takes us to 2 GFs yet is probably the most pilloried bloke in Eagle history.Couldnt kick long and that's all the great unwashed could ever see.

Wolf is now our backup winger which shows Tooves has recognised his decline.Leave him be,great servant who played big in a small body.Wingers still don't make or break rugby league seasons and never will.

HappilyManly said:
Still playing the same ignorant tune - Wolfie costs us the game, all on his own :huh:

Have a clear look at Hiku's errors, Blair's in NSW Cup, Symmond's mistakes and our forward pack's inability to stop offloads. :dodgy:

Yes it is a team sport, and despite his past service he is becoming a weak link in the chain, more mental than physical IMO. I understand you find him sexually attractive, but that does not cover the fact he is on the decline and a younger player is on the rise, passing Wolfie on his way down

I have been a little critical in the past but dont forget Wolfs effort vs South last year put us in the Grand Final.

I think he is far from finished.

voicefromthehill said:
HappilyManly said:

Yes it is a team sport, and despite his past service he is becoming a weak link in the chain, more mental than physical IMO. I understand you find him sexually attractive, but that does not cover the fact he is on the decline and a younger player is on the rise, passing Wolfie on his way down

Nothing wrong with having, and supporting favorite players though voice...whatever the reasons.

I can see why Wolfman is a hero to many, and I don't mean how he looks. Although, I will say he appears a lot leaner this season.
He was never a power-play winger, but he did have more kegs on and was a fair bit quicker than he seems now.

That pace seems gone and yeah, he may be in decline...hopefully not permanently. But EVERY player loses their edge sooner or later.

Wolfie is a popular whipping boy...closely followed by Ferris ( NOT this week!), a fair bit of Starling n Horo too, and Symonds right now. It's a popular field...lol.

Gutho is part of the future, tho I'm not sure he'd have made the difference last night. He may have got the yips kicking too.

Maybe Wolfie should have some steak n eggs - cooked! - couldn't hurt according to a few of us here!

RiverEagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
HappilyManly said:

Nothing wrong with having, and supporting favorite players though voice...whatever the reasons.

I can see why Wolfman is a hero to many, and I don't mean how he looks. Although, I will say he appears a lot leaner this season.
He was never a power-play winger, but he did have more kegs on and was a fair bit quicker than he seems now.

That pace seems gone and yeah, he may be in decline...hopefully not permanently. But EVERY player loses their edge sooner or later.

Wolfie is a popular whipping boy...closely followed by Ferris ( NOT this week!), a fair bit of Starling n Horo too, and Symonds right now. It's a popular field...lol.

Gutho is part of the future, tho I'm not sure he'd have made the difference last night. He may have got the yips kicking too.

Maybe Wolfie should have some steak n eggs - cooked! - couldn't hurt according to a few of us here!

No disagreement from me - I have me personal favourites, Wolfie was and is one, but sentimentality aside - he is on a downward trajectory whilst Hiku et al are on an upwards one. When their skills and abilities cross (which they have and are) you want to be on the one with the upward trajectory

bob dylan said:
dont forget Wolfs effort vs South last year put us in the Grand Final.

Enough said.

Wolfie didn't lose us the game last night, far from it. Lay off him.

I started this post and expected lots of support for him. Fair enough, loyalty to him is quite noble and I get that. Also agree that he didn't cost us the game.

But, I'd still say he consistently looks clueless and lacking confidence under the high ball. His rapid decline in pace has taken away a huge part of his armoury.

OK, saying he has to retire is very harsh and perhaps disrespectful to someone that was a star and won us matches with his fine finishing.

But still say its time for another stint in the reserves. Can he prove me wrong? I hope he does. But I hope we are all hearing about him blitzing it in the NSW Cup before he gets another start.

voicefromthehill said:
RiverEagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
HappilyManly said:

No disagreement from me - I have me personal favourites, Wolfie was and is one, but sentimentality aside - he is on a downward trajectory whilst Hiku et al are on an upwards one. When their skills and abilities cross (which they have and are) you want to be on the one with the upward trajectory

True, it's just a fact of footy life isn't it?

Wolfie has been fantastic, and wonderful for Manly, and the game...even if his speed and confidence are diminishing.

Whatever pans out now, I hope his efforts and contribution to Manly isn't lost in the possibly fading light of a career.

I think there could be lot of quality yet to be seen from the Wolfman.
I'd bet part of the reason he's not performing at his peak ATM is psychological. He'd be aware he's been the whipping boy since the GF and this has to take a mental toll.
This man needs some support from the Manly crew so that he can start to believe in himself again. He's still a young man.
We could seriously need him throughout the season.
Come on Wolfie, you can get your howl back.

bob dylan said:
I have been a little critical in the past but dont forget Wolfs effort vs South last year put us in the Grand Final.
Semi last year.? Yes, it was a terrific performance, but that is so 'yesterday'.

This year, there's been nothing like that from him. Perhaps that 'raw meat' diet was good in the short term, but has negative medium and long term effects? How would we know. Its a young man's game really. There's always turnover. There's Hiku, Gutherson, Blair, Satini, any number of guys wanting, fighting for, that spot. Its a cruel world, survival of the fitest in the NRL. Whilst i agree Woolfy's been great for us most of the time, these guys, particularly Peta H, deserve their chance.

Where would we be without a whipping boy? From good old mullane, to orford, then bailey, rose and now wolfie this place needs a whipping boy

In the 2013 GF he suddenly lost the ability to catch, and he can't seem to get it back. It is a great shame as I love the Wolfman and appreciate all he has done for the club but you just can't have a liability like that in first grade. If he starts catching a few high balls I'd have him back in a flash but I can't see it happening any time soon.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6