Wilson article and the News Ltd apologies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
So let's get this right? 2 weeks ago all News Ltd publications had to publish an apology to Brett Stewart for the misinformation and untruth they peddled about him two years ago.

Well forgive me for thinking that the Wilson article isn't peddling the same myths?

I'm guessing Bec isn't that popular and probably didn't get an invite to the staff meeting where the apology was brought up, either that or she just missed the day they taught ethics at journo school.

I would like to see the club get back on the front foot with this. Not necessarily having Des say a few words at a press conference, but if Brett was up to it, do an extended interview with Gus or even something like 60 minutes. Something that really annoys me when people say he should just build a bridge is its shows a complete lack of empathy. As a wiseman once said, you should never judge a man unless you've walked a mile in his shoes. I think an interview could really help Brett and put an even greater amount of pressure on Gallop to do the right thing.

Is she still writing for the Sun T.Last article of hers I saw was about jumps racing,(like the slag would know what she's talking about anyway) and was in News Ltd's adelaide paper.Thought she might have got the chop from syd to get her out of the way.

Masked Eagle said:
I'm guessing Bec isn't that popular and probably didn't get an invite to the staff meeting where the apology was brought up, either that or she just missed the day they taught ethics at journo school.

I would like to see the club get back on the front foot with this. Not necessarily having Des say a few words at a press conference, but if Brett was up to it, do an extended interview with Gus or even something like 60 minutes. Something that really annoys me when people say he should just build a bridge is its shows a complete lack of empathy. As a wiseman once said, you should never judge a man unless you've walked a mile in his shoes. I think an interview could really help Brett and put an even greater amount of pressure on Gallop to do the right thing.

and then you have his shoes :p

I wonder if her boss boyfriend encourages her to get blind drunk just so he can place a paper bag over her face knowing she'll be none the wiser when she sobers up?

I think a timely reminder is in order of the T.O.S of the site

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/brett-stewart-the-face-of-petulance/story-fn6bmf48-1226055582072

Interesting to note that the blog has gone.

This is a really good article you wrote. Well done Andrew. It should be published in newspapers and have you tried sending it to Big League and Rugby League Weekly? League Weekly does have the "your shout" section, perhaps you can write something for that? Its a shame how much journalism has fallen in recent years. I ahve a good friend of mine who's dad works as a Journo and he himself says that the whole industry is suffering and that newspapers are pretty much dying out. Like there are layoffs all the time, so many changes, so little funding nowadays and its now an extremely competitive and insecure job. Journos are now forced to write trash articles to suit the general public so that they can make even.

Canteen Worker said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/brett-stewart-the-face-of-petulance/story-fn6bmf48-1226055582072

Interesting to note that the blog has gone.

Thanks CW.About as well informed as the horse jumps article in the Adelaide Advertiser (??-not sure if thats the one).Didn't have much time for her before,have even less now.

Excellent article, well done to reply so promptly and so well to that sad piece of 'journalism'.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6