1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Willie Mason signed with Manly this afternoon

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by phantom, Oct 21, 2014.

1. phantom

phantom Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    I am a long time reader of this forum but first time poster. I have confirmation that Willie Mason signed a contract with Manly this afternoon - this is not a rumour but FACT. Additionally, unfortunately Choc Watmough will not be with Manly next year and Trent Merrin is being chased by 3 clubs and his preference is to do a deal with Manly if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,855 / 192
    Welcome on board Phantom

3. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,747 / 125
    IF true then I for one won't be too upset about Mason signing and Merrin preferring to sign with the club.

Being honest though I would much rather see Choc play out his career in the maroon and white.

• Like Like x 3
  4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,366 / 111
    Thanks for the info @phantom please be so kind and tell us all who you get your info from. It will be sure to make your time here with us on Silvertails much happy good times.

5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    If true would join the exclusive club where very post is 100% accurate!

6. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,366 / 111
    Lol every post.
    Haha the irony :)

7. Daveagle

Daveagle Well-Known Member

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +176 / 0
  8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Didn't put 'official' in the title. Long time lurkers would know to do this.

Manly site forgot to put it up as well.

Are facts the new rumours?

9. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    awesome first post.

10. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Facts have no place on this site. Delete please mods.

• Like Like x 1
  11. phantom

phantom Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Thanks for the welcome BOZO. One thing I won't do is post false info on this site. Willie Mason is guaranteed because he has signed yesterday afternoon and should be announced by end of this week. Source is someone who witnessed the signing. For obvious reasons can't say no more. Trent Merrin is a work in progress and like I said he has told those that matter Manly is his preference all things being equal (i.e. $$ in the ball park). As for Choc unfortunately this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but when he returns from overseas it will be announced that he will be an eel from next year.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    Just heard a new rumour on MMM from the lurker.... Foran weighing up massive offer from Canberra... On top of Snake being a done deal with the Eels

13. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    I hope Snake heard that too

14. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Folau won't be going anywhere before the World Cup, If he goes at all

15. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,786 / 258
    The way the Wallabies are going playing in the World Cup won't be yielding him any silverware, may as well defect back now.

I'd be surprised, that if their current form continues that they will even make it past the initial stages into the Quarter Finals.

16. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    That's good news than I expect Foran to re sign and Snake to see out his contract. MMM have as much credibility as Rothfield when talking Rugby league. I was listening the other night and the old prick Ray warren was talking about how he hates players who break contracts and people should respect them, then the next segment started and he had parra's chief exec on and by the end of it he (warren) had watmough,stewart and matai joining them next year. I nearly drove of the road he obviously doesn't respect manly contract's and won't care if they break them the old prick.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    but if they can find jsut 1/80th improvement they will beat the kiwis and win the world cup

• Like Like x 1
  18. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Mason signing should be a boost for the forwards. He'll fire up the kids for sure and I think he'll be one to ignite fans.
    We'll possibly need an extra large swear jar in the change room for Willie.
    Choc not finishing his career at Manly is just plain sad. Such a shame that both parties couldn't have made peace and sorted this out.:(

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eric Galt

Eric Galt Active Member

Hornsby
    Ratings:
    +350 / 15
    This would be great news if Mason has signed. Having recently had my prostate removed I am desperate to see some big willie somewhere as there sure aint much action down there.

• Like Like x 4
  20. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    This site is long aware that the club either has a problem finding a pen with which to sign deals, or else uses a pen with disappearing ink.
    Can you assure us Phantom that your source checked the pen and the ink? And please also confirm that Mason actually signed his name, and not a just a big X.

• Like Like x 2