1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Willie Manu

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The answer, Jan 17, 2006.

1. The answer

The answer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How come we gave up on Manu? I really thought he'd be a good buy, surly he couldnt have hurt the salary cap too much. :violin:

2. gotsy

gotsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    yeh i agree i think he would have given us that little bit of extra depth we need in the forwards.

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I think we have had enough issues with 'bad eggss' in the past eg Andrew Walker, Hoppa etc.

Although he would have been a cheap replacement for Hecks, we solid role model at the club that don't have to be spoon fed.

I was watching an interview Leo Barry recently and he said Paul Roos and Swans have done a lot of work getting the right people with the right attitude at the club over the last few years and that contributed a lot to their success - they let talented palyers go because of their attitude and demeanour whether it is at training or during or after a game.

We should be gathering a team who have similar qualities, 1 bad apple can spoil a bunch and maybe Manu was too much of a risk.

Also why was Sam harris released? I heard he was a poor trainer at the Waratahs

4. The answer

The answer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just heard he finally did sign with castleford this morning :drunk:

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Another 1 the raiders missed out on

6. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    He was bad news anyway. The English tabloids will have a field day with a fool like that.

7. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I'd rather play a man down...