1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Williams or Bani

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, May 31, 2008.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Williams has really impressed since he came into the side, great last night especially.

Bani must be getting close to a return, does he come straight back in or Williams keeps his spot??

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Now that is a tough question for Des, I like em both

maybe a match race to see who is quickest LOL

3. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    From what I've seen, Williams shows a lot of enthusiasm & has also impressed me with his game Whilst in the top grade. It's going to be a tough decision for Des when the time comes.

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    He'll stick with Bani for sure as we all know he isn't big on changing personnel unless injury forces his hand. When was the last time he dropped someone because of bad form ?

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Bani for me, but am becoming a big fan of Williams. Unfortnately, unlike Ryan, i don't see either as a centre yet either

6. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Must admit haven't seen last nights game yet, but like other posters have been impressed with Williams.

Could either of them fill in the 6 jersey, from what others have seen???

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    They both have great speed to burn and have been terrific finds for us. Williams seem to throw himself without any thought of preservation into a game and you have to respect that, and Bani has been great and his defensive reads have been good. Glad I don't have to make the decision.

8. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Bani will keep his spot, and rightly so - he was very good last year and offers more in attack. But Williams has proved to be fantastic back-up and has stamped himself as a reliable first grader whenever called upon.

Anyway, nobody knows how long Bani is out for so Williams' spot is assured until Manly can be confident Bani's fitness is up to scratch.

9. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Both are more than handy players. Bani has that extra bit of pace in my view. Great problem to have.

Don't forget that Snake has a few more Origin games and so Robbo is likely to be fullback and therefore Bani and Williams may both get a run.

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Like everyone says, this is difficult to pick. different players.

Bani has the edge in speed, defence and seems unflustered in any situation.

Williams seems to have edge in determined runs, x factor in attack and tackle breaks.

I agree that Des will stick with Bani when he is back though.

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    will Bani be back this season?

Last i heard was he is trying some drugs to clear the clot and that will take 6-8 weeks, if it doesnt work then its surgery and the season

12. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    And i was worried if we  had capable back-up after C.HIcks, now we have 2 capable 1st graders in the form of Bani and WIlliams. Nice Recruiting.

But on the topic Bani will IMO and deservedly so will remain in the 1st grade, he is very safe under the high ball and has all the qualities of a genuine winger.

But having said that Williams will have time to push his case further will Bani being out for a while after his ankle injury / Clot in ankle which will take time to heal.

13. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    I still reckon Bani will eventually move closer to the middle and become a centre guys - he's got the goods IMO.

14. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    I think Bani is a better finisher and better in the air defusing bombs. Bani for mine.

Good back up if one of the top 4 are out though.

Shame the depth isnt there in the halves though

15. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  16. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Bani even though Williams is going well.