Williams defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I think he's attack is great and his line speed is fantastic, and he got us going against the Titians.  But... I worry about his defense.  His positional play is a worry, he seems to drift in, and I saw last night how the gummy's targetted his side.  Should I continue to be concerned or should I just think, Bell's defense is excellent and he'll assist when necessary, and he's only young and still learning.  Does anyone else have my concerns?     

I wouldn't worry just yet.  this is his first NRL season, only a handful of games... plenty to learn and doing very well in the process

DSM5 link said:
Bell's defense is excellent and he'll assist when necessary   

Speaking of Bell, did anybody see him do any of his usual sideways running last night because all I saw him do was run straight forward every time he got the ball.

He got run over by Gallen for the sharks try but Gallen has done that to many players.  I am not concerned, seems to be doing a pretty job, and if they did target him only 1 try was scored.

It was probably his 1st below par night, but I'll take that with his 6 other fantastic nights.

Great young player...and should definitely be rookie of the year IMO.

we have some depth in the squad and that wins premierships. It will only urge Bani, Williams and Robertson to play harder to keep there spots

hey zep - i had a crack at a banner for you.

Hope you like:

WolfmanWilliams.gif

If anyone else wants a banner, please PM me

its our defensive structure that sees him defend as far in as he does. We play a super-compressed line so that no one can come through and also allows us to get 3 men in every tackle thus slowing down the play the ball.
I love seeing teams attempt to go round us because we always push across hard on the inside and run them out of room. The usual results of the opposition trying to outflank us are
1.dropped ball from rushed passes
2.driven over the sideline when they run out of room
3.tackled just a metre or so in from touch giving them only one direction to go from the play the ball allowing us to jam in and blitz them, or if its the last tackle, being able to put pressure on their kicker on one side of the ruck.
We arent the best defensive outfit by fluke. Trust the compress and slide. The players obviously do.

Biscuits link said:
its our defensive structure that sees him defend as far in as he does. We play a super-compressed line so that no one can come through and also allows us to get 3 men in every tackle thus slowing down the play the ball.
I love seeing teams attempt to go round us because we always push across hard on the inside and run them out of room. The usual results of the opposition trying to outflank us are
1.dropped ball from rushed passes
2.driven over the sideline when they run out of room
3.tackled just a metre or so in from touch giving them only one direction to go from the play the ball allowing us to jam in and blitz them, or if its the last tackle, being able to put pressure on their kicker on one side of the ruck.
We arent the best defensive outfit by fluke. Trust the compress and slide. The players obviously do.
you really dont appericate this until u watch our defensive from behind at the ground.

Last week against the titans on a number of occasions they looked to get around us only for beaver or one of the other blokes to swarm in and tackle them towards the sideline.

DVS Matt link said:
hey zep - i had a crack at a banner for you.

Hope you like:

WolfmanWilliams.gif

If anyone else wants a banner, please PM me

thanks mate.. looks good... will save it though... thinking about do a B Stewart try to game ratio

Williams is suspect to the palm off by the bigger backs. It has resulted in 3 line breaks, 2 of which ended up in tries. Bani is stronger up top and will probably come back if fit enough before the finals time if this happens again.

That said the Wolfman will get stronger over the next few years in that area.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8