1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Williame

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Wombat Legacy, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Wombat Legacy

Wombat Legacy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,911 / 114
    I know some of the plankton on here will cream themselves to disagree, but he has probably been the most improved player at Manly this year. Reminds me a lot of a young Steve Matai or Albert Torrens (different type of player) but coming along nicely in attack and defence.
    I am glad he is doing well, so he can stick it right up the baggers, and watch them jump on board to say how they knew he would come good :nod::nod::nod::shake::shake::shake:@:smirk:@:smirk:@:smirk:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Screaming Eagles

The Screaming Eagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 12
    I might of been one of his baggers last year but at least I know how to spell his name correctly.
    I do agree he's improved a lot this season. He had real issues holding on to the ball but seems to have developed pretty safe hands this season.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wombat Legacy

Ratings:
    +1,911 / 114
    Fantastic, you can spell his name :party: Sorry, a big fail by me

4. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 27
    He's been re-signed so it's up to him to grab his opportunities.
    Can't speak for others but I think most of us here would love for him to turn out to be as good as Matai.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Yes didn't Skivvi play reggies until 22 or 23?

6. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 27
    I just looked it up and it said he played 11 matches in his debut year and he was 21, so I'd say you're pretty spot on.

7. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    I've been more impressed with Wright in terms of improvement but sure if Williame can bulk up a bit, develop some speed, some ball skills, football smarts etc etc he might turn ok. He does seem to enjoy playing.
    NYEagle

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wombat Legacy

Ratings:
    +1,911 / 114
    When Matai came into the top grade, he was green as...but very energetic and never say die. Once he bulked up a bit,,,,well the rest is history. Wiliame is different, he is learning quickly how to go about positional play in attack and defence. Therefore his reading of the game has improved enormously. That is what makes a first grader...we already know he can tackle and run fast....am I going too fast for some of you :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  9. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Reminds me of a young Darrell Williams.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wombat Legacy

Ratings:
    +1,911 / 114
    Yes swoop, that is who I was really trying to remember. 100%

11. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They also lookalike.

12. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,092 / 38
    Not much to work on then.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,742 / 125
    Yes Wiliame has improved, of that I have no doubt. But is he going to be a long term centre or winger for Manly? For mine the jury is still out on that one.

The question that keeps being asked is would he have a spot in a full strength team?

He won't turn into a superstar, but he can be a solid winger like Robbo or Craig Hancock were.

14. Wombat Legacy

Ratings:
    +1,911 / 114
    The question that keeps being asked is would he have a spot in a full strength team?

mmmm not so sure, I think he can develop into a very good centre. Just my opinion. He will also gain in confidence. He is a keeper

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    Darrell Williame/Brayden Williams.

16. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Yeah nah

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,603 / 65
  18. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +499 / 55
    He is a crap winger. Quite a good and improving centre and probably a good backup fullback.

19. Enigma

Enigma Active Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 8
    I saw Matai in his early days and he was a good example of how hard it can be to judge someones potential. I had no idea he would be such a terror in defence and be so dangerous in attack. I thought mid career that he would need to move into the forwards due to declining pace, then he started to get quicker! Can anyone recall a player being compared to someone else and then living up to that comparison? We are overdue for a player to emerge and become a champion could it be Wiliame?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,841 / 31
    No doubt he has improved. His defence was pretty solid against the Dogs. I don't think he has the pace and that is because he got easily run down by Danny Wicks who granted is a pretty fast front rower, but still. I think he can turn out to be one of our cheap players that is safe to plug a hole, but he won't be Steve Matai. Lets hope his improvement continues now that he has a new contract.

• Agree Agree x 1