Williame & Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree they've improved a lot.

But can't wait for Tafua and tommy on the wing. Turbo for brilliance and tafua for runs out of dummy half.

Let's just hope Tafua can improve his catching bombs and doesn't turn like the titanic.

Williame has always looked good under the high ball.

they say it takes 20 games to see what you and offer and 50 games to settle. He is now showing glimpses of good footy.

Will he be a great winger? Probably not but better than his record suggests.

Wright has looked solid and experienced from game 1 with us and is a very good mid year pick up.

Anyone know what Wiliame's win / loss record is now including International Footy?

It's like 1 win, 20 something losses isn't it?

Poor bloke.

Wiliame has played 2 games for Fiji and has a 50% winning record.

He has played 11 games for Manly and has a 5.88% winning record.

He played 6 games for cheating-doesn't-matta and had a 0% winning record.

Overall he has played 19 senior games for 1 win, 18 losses and a 0.55% winning record.

Unfortunately this does not match his ability because he has some. He's been so damn unlucky though.

Jorge's hands have improved allot ! He is one of the best finishers in the game ! His running game is explosive ! We now have some depth in the backline !
one of the most overused quotes going around, every year around origin you will hear the same thing about darius bennett(or boyd-whichever!) when most of the tries he scores in origin are catch,run a few meters & put the ball down. no wonder peter tunks says wingers a just people who hang around footballers@:p

If selecting my backline based on metres gained, then:
1.Trbojevic
2.Taufua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Williame (has run 100+ mtrs 3 of 4 games)???? Well done Brayden...hats off

Jorge will be gone. 100%.

I like the Wright and Williame go up aggressively for bombs, not just the eyes closed jump and wave an arm hoping to bat it off somewhere.

More important question now would be is Tom T a better centre? It will help his career physically if he is and that's quite a future pairing with Walker. Our shopping list would change to 5/8 and fullback although Api could play 5/8 so then it's fullback and forwards. Hmmmm...

Jorge will be gone. 100%.

I like the Wright and Williame go up aggressively for bombs, not just the eyes closed jump and wave an arm hoping to bat it off somewhere.

More important question now would be is Tom T a better centre? It will help his career physically if he is and that's quite a future pairing with Walker. Our shopping list would change to 5/8 and fullback although Api could play 5/8 so then it's fullback and forwards. Hmmmm...

Agree 100% Said it in another thread earlier. Tom was awesome last night. He is more involved at centre. He's dangerous and hard to handle there. I think it's his best position. If he could remain at centre and develop a combo with his winger, the tries would be very hard to stop for any opposition.

Just to clarify what I mean...at wing, Tom is safe, but against a good sliding defence he can run out of room and be shut down. At fullback, again he is very safe but high kicks with good kick chasers can nullify his impact in returning the ball. When he chimes into the backline from fullback he is dangerous, and this may happen more with a good 5/8. In both positions he is good in broken play.

At centre, he is in the attacking line and coming at you all day. It takes 2 or more defenders to shut him down, and those defenders are in two minds as to how to handle him. A bloke with his speed, strength, height and options inside and out would be a nightmare to defend against. I think he showed that last night.

Last edited:
Agree 100% Said it in another thread earlier. Tom was awesome last night. He is more involved at centre. He's dangerous and hard to handle there. I think it's his best position. If he could remain at centre and develop a combo with his winger, the tries would be very hard to stop for any opposition.

Just to clarify what I mean...at wing, Tom is safe, but against a good sliding defence he can run out of room and be shut down. At fullback, again he is very safe but high kicks with good kick chasers can nullify his impact in returning the ball. When he chimes into the backline from fullback he is dangerous, and this may happen more with a good 5/8. In both positions he is good in broken play.

At centre, he is in the attacking line and coming at you all day. It takes 2 or more defenders to shut him down, and those defenders are in two minds as to how to handle him. A bloke with his speed, strength, height and options inside and out would be a nightmare to defend against. I think he showed that last night.
He also had some very good reads in defence when he Bird and Barba early on sweeping plays that lost them some ground.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7