William Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stiffi

Reserve Grader
I have noticed that Hoppa hasn't been named or played in the past few Toyota Cup games. Does anyone know what is the go with him??

Cheers,

Blake Davey (leading tryscorer) is gone for the year unfortunately. I think it was a shoulder injury. Hoppa jnr and Lussick are injured but I haven't heard anything about a return date. They are missed, especially Lussick running out wide.

Does anyone know the plan for Hopoate? Where will he play once he is ready for first grade? Little room in the back three, maybe centre if Lyon or Matai take off?

SilentBob link said:
Does anyone know the plan for Hopoate? Where will he play once he is ready for first grade? Little room in the back three, maybe centre if Lyon or Matai take off?

Halfback    :)

SilentBob link said:

By the time he's ready to be a regular first grade player, one of Lyon and matai will probe be gone by then anyway. Isn't hoppa like 17 or something? He looks very young..

I got this gut feeling brett will end up a lockyer, fullback to 5/8, I do know that William can play centre as well,

I have a bad feeling that Brett is going to end up with a Gartner/Kosef style fade out because of knee injuries.

I sincerely hope that he doesnt, because he is an awesome player and hopefully a manly boy for life, but some knee injuries and repeated ones can see you decide to throw in the towel.

I hope not though

Worries me too Dan!!

By the way Stiffi.....are you one in the same from MWSE???

If so wondering how our mutual friend is going???

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Worries me too Dan!!

By the way Stiffi.....are you one in the same from MWSE???

If so wondering how our mutual friend is going???

Hi Mark, Yeah this is the same 1!!

He isn't that great which is sadly to be expected. I know he looks at his Signed Jersey everyday which brings a huge smile to his face, that is something that simply can not be replaced in his life. I understand that his wife sent you a big thankyou letter and some photos, I hope you got that. I don't think I really ever got to thankyou properly for the outstanding effort that you went too to organise that, you certainly went above and beyond!! It would be good to meet you at one of the games so I can supply an unlimited amount of amber ale for you, you deserve it.

Thanks again, Cheers

NOT required mate, his wifes card and the photo's meant more to me than anything.

I was so pleased to be able to pull that together for you, and seeing those photo's of him on the day really made the effort worth while.

If you run into them please let them know I think of them, I wish I could have done more (would have loved for Beaver to present that to him but given it was the last home game for him..well round 26 last home game anyway...it was understandable)

I just haven't seen you over at MWSE for a while to ask.

I see his brother almost every weekend as I still play Cricket & Soccer with him so I will pass on your thoughts. Todd use to come down to all the games but he only gets to around 2 games a season due to the hassle sadly.

It's a rare occasion that I go to MWSE to be honest. Much better info & banter on here    :)          I really only go to MWSE to buy my Supporter Gear from their shop!!

Darren: 
I got this gut feeling brett will end up a lockyer, fullback to 5/8

I think so too (said so in a post some time back). seems a logical progression as he gets older, a touch less scintillating, but still has skills development in kicking and playmaking which are already there. (all depending on good knees and no jailtime...)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2