1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

William Hopoate Vs Ben Farrar

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Liueli of Brookvale, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Liueli of Brookvale

Liueli of Brookvale Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What did everyone think of William Hopoate's performance on Saturday night? I thought he played extremely well.. Well enough to steal Farrar's spot at FB from under him. I thought he didn't over play his hand, did what he had to, and was very safe under the high ball.

In saying that.. What happens when/if Brett Stewart returns? (Pending his court case) I actually do like Farrar, I just don't think he's that good at FB. I would love to see him next year come in as a utility off the bench, with T-Rex also coming off the bench and playing in the forwards.

2. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I hear Farrar is talking with Newcastle which I imagine means no room at the inn. Hoppa and Whare come into it next year.

3. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    There really isn't a spot for Farrar, he has been a very handy trade but with the young guys and snake comming back next year i really don't see a spot for him.

4. Liueli of Brookvale

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Unfortunate to see him go, but building for the future sounds good to me.

5. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    I think young Hoppa will be out future fullback that is if we find a pen

6. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I love his effort but theres no space for someone like Farrar

7. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    I think Des will put Farrar back in as soon as he is fit, But Des is gonna have real selection headaches next season with Brett, Wolfy to also put in the side too

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 292
    Farrar would make the ideal utility ALA Gidley for NSW off the bench. Get rid of Bailey, if anything....I know that's harsh, but I'd honestly think if it were a choice out of the two 7 out of 10 would keep Farrar.

9. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I agree Ryan. Farrar is a much better utility option than Bailey.

10. Liueli of Brookvale

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Farrar for Bailey off the bench
    T-Rex for Perry off the bench
    D.William back on the wing
    Brett Stewart back at FB (Pending case)
    William Hopoate back to NYC until needed

11. Pearso

Pearso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I heard they are not going to re sign Farrer. Hoppa was very good on Saturday night and the cheats tested him time and time again and he was very safe.

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    If we are talking this season, as soon as Farrar iis fit, I think he comes back in for the part he plays in our set plays which has been great this season

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    ding ding ding. Exactly what i was thinking. Hoppa wont have the practise to slip into those backline moves that Farrar has been doing.

14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Perhaps Hoppa is our next fullback regardless of the court decision for Stewart, would love to see Brett play another role, one that doesn't require the speed of fullback but lets him ball play a little more, 5/8 for example.

15. Dessy

Dessy Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    How good has Farrar been! considering we swapped him for Michael Bani. What a purchase! Very dependable player who is very flexible regarding the positions he can cover. A player that we will miss if he leaves, as he is great cover for any position in the backline.

16. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    I think hoppa was very strong especially in the first half,he didn't seem to want to overplay his hand in the second and good on him,i would personally like to see him there instead of farrar i don't think des will stick with him though although i would hope he does.Safe under the high ball lots of potential,of course if brett returns brett will have the spot but it is great we have hoppa there in reserve if times get tough again,and yes t rex off the bench perhaps as a forward,he will be good as a utility anyway,good post i agree.

17. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Would like Manly to keep Farrer if at all possible, IMO he will be a big loss and very hard to replace.

18. yazman78

yazman78 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hoppa was very good on Saturday and that game will increase his confidence. But he was a bit slow as I think he played with an injury. This week, he will be better IMO.

19. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    Gee I think some of you have short memories, writing off Ben Farrar. For mine he always gives 100%, and must be in the top 17 when he is fit. As suggested, a utility bench spot could work. If you want to retain Hoppa Junior, and I have no objection to this, then why not Farrar on the wing with T-Rex becoming a utility bench player?
    I think Farrar has been great for us.

20. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I do not see brett as a 5/8 glenn would be more suited, Brett to fullback,wolfy to the wing, Trex to the bench as a ball playing 2nd rower, farrar to bench to replace bailey. As for hoppa he did great, him and whare to sunshine coast. Although i might get smited for this, but i really dont rate Whare that much, his first game was impressive, i think its his defence that worries me, he has room to improve !