1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wille Mason at it again

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Mason tips top-four finish

January 25, 2008

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/mason-tips-topfour-finish/2008/01/24/1201157560460.html

Star recruit Willie Mason is adamant the Sydney Roosters have the talent to qualify for the final four and push for the NRL premiership this season.

"We've got a good roster, we've got some great strike players, X-factors, we've got all that," Mason said yesterday. "It's whether we play good. If we have everyone on the field at the same time … we'll finish in the top four, but if we have a couple of injuries … we'll struggle."

Mason was joined by new Roosters teammates Anthony Minichiello, Braith Anasta, Sam Perrett and Anthony Tupou at the Sydney Football Stadium yesterday to celebrate the club's centenary anniversary.

Mason joined the Roosters in the off-season after falling out with Bulldogs management, and along with fellow defector Mark O'Meley, is expected to add plenty of grunt to the pack.

The 27-year-old international is in the midst of his first full pre-season in a long time, end-of-season tours and injury having curtailed his recent off-seasons.

"I don't usually come back 'til the 20th January, mid January," Mason said. "So to come back in December is a bit of a shock to the body."

Coach Brad Fittler told Mason to get to know his teammates before Christmas, a concept Mason was originally uncomfortable with. "He [Fittler] told me I had to get to know everyone before Christmas, know their names, know personal things about them," he said. "It was a bit out of my comfort zone to go out to people, to get to know them. I'm not like that."

Another player who may have needed an introduction was Minichiello after he missed most of the past two seasons due to two back operations. The former Test fullback said he was confident his body would be up to the task after returning to full training last month.

"Physically [it's] feeling pretty good, back to where I want it," he said. "The last week was a little breakthrough."

The players yesterday paraded the five jerseys the Roosters will wear this season, including a sky-blue strip dating from their 1945 premiership, for the Anzac Day clash with the Dragons.

AAP

2. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    well hes hardly likely to go to a new club and say they are crap and he is only there for the money and the drugs are better at bondi is he??

of course he is going to talk up their chances

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    with their roster anything less than top 4 is a failure

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,136 / 289
    1/2's is their issue I reckon Fluff.

5. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Some rate Pearce as the next big thing!!!

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,136 / 289
    Only those who hero worship rugby league players like you girgler.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Ryan, did you drink too much yesterday or have the happy pills worn off.

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,136 / 289
    No, just your persistent pestering replies giving me the ****s.

9. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
  10. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'm surprised Ryan isn't wetting himself and asking why our forwards don't display such arrogance.  He has several posters of Big Willie on his bedroom wall you know. 

11. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    nah he is just trying to compensate for the small willie that resides on the bed under the posters