Wille Mason at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Mason tips top-four finish

January 25, 2008

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/mason-tips-topfour-finish/2008/01/24/1201157560460.html

Star recruit Willie Mason is adamant the Sydney Roosters have the talent to qualify for the final four and push for the NRL premiership this season.

"We've got a good roster, we've got some great strike players, X-factors, we've got all that," Mason said yesterday. "It's whether we play good. If we have everyone on the field at the same time … we'll finish in the top four, but if we have a couple of injuries … we'll struggle."

Mason was joined by new Roosters teammates Anthony Minichiello, Braith Anasta, Sam Perrett and Anthony Tupou at the Sydney Football Stadium yesterday to celebrate the club's centenary anniversary.

Mason joined the Roosters in the off-season after falling out with Bulldogs management, and along with fellow defector Mark O'Meley, is expected to add plenty of grunt to the pack.

The 27-year-old international is in the midst of his first full pre-season in a long time, end-of-season tours and injury having curtailed his recent off-seasons.

"I don't usually come back 'til the 20th January, mid January," Mason said. "So to come back in December is a bit of a shock to the body."

Coach Brad Fittler told Mason to get to know his teammates before Christmas, a concept Mason was originally uncomfortable with. "He [Fittler] told me I had to get to know everyone before Christmas, know their names, know personal things about them," he said. "It was a bit out of my comfort zone to go out to people, to get to know them. I'm not like that."

Another player who may have needed an introduction was Minichiello after he missed most of the past two seasons due to two back operations. The former Test fullback said he was confident his body would be up to the task after returning to full training last month.

"Physically [it's] feeling pretty good, back to where I want it," he said. "The last week was a little breakthrough."

The players yesterday paraded the five jerseys the Roosters will wear this season, including a sky-blue strip dating from their 1945 premiership, for the Anzac Day clash with the Dragons.

AAP

well hes hardly likely to go to a new club and say they are crap and he is only there for the money and the drugs are better at bondi is he??

of course he is going to talk up their chances

I'm surprised Ryan isn't wetting himself and asking why our forwards don't display such arrogance.  He has several posters of Big Willie on his bedroom wall you know. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6