Will you become a member, or renew your membership next season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

• Total voters
Not while the Penn's are there

If they are Geoff Toovey must be employed by a Manly in a significant capacity

I'm making a political stance against the owners for the treatment Tooves received

Why should i put my hard earned towards religning the pockets of those who own the club? I remember how members were referred to as irrelevant so **** them,if they're going to say that they pay so what they say goes,they can pay full freight

Sorry not for me, can't stand what they are doing to our club so why reward them!!

They'll have to win my respect back before I part with any more $$$$
I don’t like what they are doing but i can assure you of 1 thing, an empty stadium won't convince the Turbo brothers to resign and it won't convince other players to come to our club. I will renew and drive the hour and a half each way to watch them play

I reckon you'd find if all 14k members shared your view we wouldn't have a club.

And although you seem to know more about where the club spends their membership money - they have actually emailed me today thanking the members and saying it DIRECTLY goes towards improving our training and medical facilities.

You argue it goes straight to the Penns... Well yes - their the owners - they pay for everything. Including training and medical facilities.

Unless you know more detail of their books - please share with us all?...

So although you say the players might not care, if it's what I can do to support the Penns/Manly - to keep the club going, improving sporting and medical facilities - it's what I'll choose to do.

I have no inside knowledge. It's just my opinion.
You would also recieved an email last year from the same owners saying that Matt Ballin had extended his contract. Another about Clinton Gutherson. Another earlier this year about Liam Knight. If you choose to believe anything the Penns send out, that's your choice.
My choice is to not give them any of my $.

I have no inside knowledge. It's just my opinion.
You would also recieved an email last year from the same owners saying that Matt Ballin had extended his contract. Another about Clinton Gutherson. Another earlier this year about Liam Knight. If you choose to believe anything the Penns send out, that's your choice.
My choice is to not give them any of my $.

I'm also wondering what percentage the NRL gets, since the 'become a member' thing is pushed so hard by them. That self-interested governing body wouldn't be doing that if they weren't getting a significant cut.

I reckon it's much the same as tipping your waitress $20 for doing a good job, and at the end of the night she ends up with $2 cos the tip jar gets shared amongst everyone, even the twats.

Nah we don't generally get player related ones. I suppose that's left up to player retention boss. He probably knows more about it...

But maybe your right. We should just all abandon the Club by cancelling our memberships because of the Penns.

The club will disappear and you'll have got your point accross.

That way we can all go and support Parra. Good call.
The club won't disappear. It just means the Penns can put in the shortfall of any lost memberships out of their own pocket. They want to run the club their way, let them pay for it. Once they're gone I'll happily renew. It's the only way we can protest about the way the club is run. We have no other way of having a say since the Penns have made the footy club 'irrelevant'. So if you want to blame anyone, blame the owners.

The club won't disappear. It just means the Penns can put in the shortfall of any lost memberships out of their own pocket. They want to run the club their way, let them pay for it. Once they're gone I'll happily renew. It's the only way we can protest about the way the club is run. We have no other way of having a say since the Penns have made the footy club 'irrelevant'. So if you want to blame anyone, blame the owners.
Exactly

Couldn't agree more

One things for certain, if you look at the poll , and translate across the board , this years record membership could be down by 40-50 per cent in 2017.

Being called " irrelevant " by a board member of the MWSE could come back to haunt them majorley.

Mark the issue is that, as much as we all love this place, is most likely not representative of the "average" Manly fan...and the majority of members we have.

I wonder if you surveyed the "average" fan how much they would know about Zorba , apart from the fact he appears to be passionate about the club, or about how some of the staff were treated under Penn. I am not saying this is is right but most of us on here (myself included) obsess over this great club far more than the average fan does

I won't because my membership did not afford me the ability to go to one game this year, no longer is it a walk down the hill for VFTH.

Worse still my boy is becoming a tragic GWS fan, we live in their catchment area and are bombarded by them - no squeals presence for entire year though. We budget 1 membership each year and when you see what the Giants do for the kids it puts the NRL in the shade. Sport is a bonding moment for me, and 2 giants game with my boy was more than worth the price of admission

AFL is dominating the grass roots

Mark the issue is that, as much as we all love this place, is most likely not representative of the "average" Manly fan...and the majority of members we have.

I wonder if you surveyed the "average" fan how much they would know about Zorba , apart from the fact he appears to be passionate about the club, or about how some of the staff were treated under Penn. I am not saying this is is right but most of us on here (myself included) obsess over this great club far more than the average fan does

Come to think of it you are probably right , but I also see many such comments on Facey and Twitter, but yes overall perhaps it's that most don't care!

When I think off past years and all the fine players that we have had and the great wins, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever. Eddie,mooney,Gartner,Fulton,Randall,Martin,Menzies and the list goes on and on and on. This is a no brainer for me.Member for life through high or low.

Mate, the same stuff got tossed around last year but 2016 was record membership. After a very disappointing 2015. The Penns would be ecstatic with that result.

For everyone willing to walk away - there'll be new members or exisiting ones willing to sign up more friends and family.

Love them or hate them - the Penns are the owners. They call the shots. If you want a club who's board is subject to a vote - that's not Manly.
We wouldn't have a club without the Penns.

Perhaps his comments are distasteful to some - but the reality is - membership is at record levels and that means the majority are sticking with the club through the hard times.
Probably true on the membership base but take out the double header "home game" in Brisbane and our average attendance is down this season. So the Penns may have signed up a few more 3 game or 1 game memberships than they have in the past but the casual Manly fan (and there is plenty of them) have voted with their feet.

I have supported Manly for many many years, however Zorba's association with the club is starting to disillusion me! This guy has caused me to lose the passion I once had for Manly & I'm concerned if he stays that I will go!

"It's great for our fans to get behind us"
I feel like the fans have been in the front more in recent years.

Probably true on the membership base but take out the double header "home game" in Brisbane and our average attendance is down this season. So the Penns may have signed up a few more 3 game or 1 game memberships than they have in the past but the casual Manly fan (and there is plenty of them) have voted with their feet.
For sure but if you think that attendances are down due to the ownership model I think you give fans too much credit

If the team was playing well ten there would be the crowds...look at that first game against the dogs where there were 16,000 odd people....hardly a protest against how Tooves was treated

For sure but if you think that attendances are down due to the ownership model I think you give fans too much credit

If the team was playing well ten there would be the crowds...look at that first game against the dogs where there were 16,000 odd people....hardly a protest against how Tooves was treated
Of course poor performance is a factor Isz but I can say from my friends/family that attend Manly games 40% have not renewed their memberships and the vast majority of these former members have not attended a home game at all this season. Granted this is a small sample size.

Of course poor performance is a factor Isz but I can say from my friends/family that attend Manly games 40% have not renewed their memberships and the vast majority of these former members have not attended a home game at all this season. Granted this is a small sample size.
Not too dissimilar to what I have experienced...the common theme being people like you (or me) and what potential influence we have over their knowledge of the situation

email from the club and on their website (I think)

This season we broke our all-time Membership Record with 13,351 Members in what was an amazing effort by Sea Eagles fans across Australia and overseas.

Members are the lifeblood of our club and your contribution to the Club is invaluable. Money raised through Membership goes directly towards improving our training and medical facilities and impacts our on field performance.

We would like to extend a big thank you to you and everyone who joined as a Member in 2016. Your support and dedication means a lot to everyone here at the Club and it's great to have fans like you behind us.

Your Membership makes us Stronger Together.

See?

So money goes to help the team (not the penns pockets) and our support means a lot! so we're not irrelevant!

So everyone can renew with a clear conscious! ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Always thought it was a bit funny how a lot of people on here hate zorba but the same people who don't like him at all.....place soooooooo much stock when he said the word 'irrelevant' that they all went wah wah wah all the way home.

We should all by memberships for the children of our friends who aren't Manly fans.

nothing like seeing my st george friends faces when their kids receive my manly membership packs!

lol

peace and happiness to all :)

I am now going back to watch American ninja warrior

Seeing as battlebots is now over - boo
Yes, I got that email. At least they have my commencement date of 2003 correct now. Although my one year Pin I got last year is a bit lonely. :cool:

As previously said, I can't help myself and will renew as soon as possible.

I got the email too ... I sent them one saying that their opinion that fans are the lifeblood of the club is at odds with Zorbas statement that the fans are irrelevant .... and therefore while he is there I won't be renewing my membership .... let them know

I haven't read this Zorba comment - can you (or anybody else) copy a link to the statement. I too would like to read and forward to Sea Eagles Admin....
The email came out the other day - check your spam or junk lol. Had a vid of Chez in it.

Zorba made the comment about fans either in his Saturday Manly Daily column or in that horrible video he does on Sporting News with Bulldog. Not defending him but I think to put it in context there was a lot of whinging happening at the time (so he's probably due for another one @:D).

People on this forum need to bear in mind that while we are quite passionate about the club (obviously, which is why we are here in the first place), most of the bread and butter Manly fans you'd speak to don't care to much about the finer points that get dissected ad infinitum here. You ask the average Manly fan how they think things are and most will likely say something along the lines of "we had a good run, we probably need to start over, look forward to a new era". They don't care if the second or third secretary to the assistant tackle bag holder was let go. Our stronger held views are among the minority.

Yeah I got the Chez vid. Just haven't seen or read the Zorbo comment.

If he (a senior official) at Manly is commenting in poor taste regarding members and fans - id like to read and share my disappointment with the admin at the Eagles also.
If that's happened - it's really sad on their behalf.
If definitely happened, but this is also the guy that had a sook in his column over one of the Silvertails filming Joe Kelly's member Q & A in Albury last year and posting it here even though he had permission from the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4