Will you become a member, or renew your membership next season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will you become a member, or renew your membership next season?

• Total voters
Just about every bad season this question pops up.

Last season the same question was posed over Toovey's sacking, but I suspect most who said they wouldn't join or renew have done so.

The question that should be asked is "Will you support the club or not"

I was angry over the Tooves sacking and I'm not all that happy with the coaching staff this year with some of their decisions, but no matter what I'll support my club through thick and thin.

Hell, I supported them when they were known as the Northern Eagles.

I will be renewing.

We should resist renewing until they phone and then explain that as a senior member of the club says we fans are irrelevant we are reconsidering. Perhaps that would send a message to the Penns about that person.

We should resist renewing until they phone and then explain that as a senior member of the club says we fans are irrelevant we are reconsidering. Perhaps that would send a message to the Penns about that person.

My very issue as well, to be honest I was appalled when I read that, a board member suggesting fans / members were irrelevant to the club and how it was run.

I get the whole " stick with them thick and thin", and you aren't a " true supporter" unless you are a member but what other way can we as , irrelevant fans show our displeasure.

Can we write to the club, yes we can but the standard reply to all means that's a waste of time.

Can we get an honest appraisal by the CEO / owners of what's happening , why and future directions, well that's been tried once and will never see the light of day again after the Joker was reprimanded for doing so.

Can we as members vote the board out, nope it's a private company.

Can we as members have a say, nope see above point.

We are nothing but " customers ", the said board member has categorically stated that, and otherwise we are irrelevant.

I'll never let my membership of the District Football Club lapse, but gee whizz, there would have to be a massive change in attitudes for me to part with my $150 for a regional membership in 2017, I may be " irrelevant " but if enough think like me they"ll certainly get hear our voices loud and clear by looking at their bottom line!!

Mate, the same stuff got tossed around last year but 2016 was record membership. After a very disappointing 2015. The Penns would be ecstatic with that result.

For everyone willing to walk away - there'll be new members or exisiting ones willing to sign up more friends and family.

Love them or hate them - the Penns are the owners. They call the shots. If you want a club who's board is subject to a vote - that's not Manly.
We wouldn't have a club without the Penns.

Perhaps his comments are distasteful to some - but the reality is - membership is at record levels and that means the majority are sticking with the club through the hard times.
All fair comments!!

Mate, the same stuff got tossed around last year but 2016 was record membership. After a very disappointing 2015. The Penns would be ecstatic with that result.

For everyone willing to walk away - there'll be new members or exisiting ones willing to sign up more friends and family.

Love them or hate them - the Penns are the owners. They call the shots. If you want a club who's board is subject to a vote - that's not Manly.

Perhaps his comments are distasteful to some - but the reality is - membership is at record levels and that means the majority are sticking with the club through the hard times.
Can't agree. I've been following the club for 55 years but, unfortunately, my passion for the Sea Eagles is at its lowest ebb. The only reason I re-signed this season was because of all the hype around the signing of Kapow. While I think he was the best of our signings the others fell below expectations. Sacking local juniors for miss-firing imports is hurting the club support. I am what's described as a 'rusted-on' supporter, and if I'm disillusioned then I don't know why you think the club will garner more support next year.

The membership numbers this year are a total waste of time and a very inaccurate record. The club advertised 1 game memberships, seriously how can you be a member by buying a ticket to 1 game.

Absolutely ! I am a Manly fan since 1965 and will always support them no matter what. That is what true fans do. Even bringing up this question is an insult to supporters like myself who will always support the team regardless who is the coach and regardless who owns the Club. Manly forever !

So.... not resigning?
Resigning or re-signing?
I'm reserving my judgement. I'm a lifelong Manly fan, but I may not re-sign for my membership. If I want to attend a match I'll buy a ticket, and just be more selective next season rather than attending every home match.
My current mindset could change by the time the 2017 season starts, but I'll leave my decision until the last moment because I hate seeing what has happened to the club, and dislike watching a couple of players in particular masquerade as Manly footballers.

Just throwing it out there but would anyone be suprised if the Penns fudged last years membership numbers?

Maybe he added a couple of thousand acquaitences to supporter membership, it wouldn't cost them anything aslong as they don't send the packs.

Tin foil hat time guys,

I just struggle to believe we hit record numbers in a year following not making the 8, Foran leaving ( who many outside this forum still loved ), Toovey being sacked for Barrett.
Doesn't add up to me

image.jpeg

Just about every bad season this question pops up.

Last season the same question was posed over Toovey's sacking, but I suspect most who said they wouldn't join or renew have done so.

The question that should be asked is "Will you support the club or not"

I was angry over the Tooves sacking and I'm not all that happy with the coaching staff this year with some of their decisions, but no matter what I'll support my club through thick and thin.

Hell, I supported them when they were known as the Northern Eagles.

I will be renewing.

I'm one of those who said I wouldn't renew because of the way Tooves was shafted - and I didn't. Along with 6 family members.

No plans to renew any of those memberships for next year, because it's one of the few ways we, as supporters, can show how disenfranchised we are in a way that the fools currently running the club might notice.

It doesn't mean all of us don't still support the club - and I don't think anyone has a right to call anyone else a 'fair weather' supporter for refusing to play the NRL's stupid, rigged 'who's got the most members?' game. I don't like the way the club is being run, I don't like the way the game is heading, I've got every right to express that dissatisfaction as I see fit. I've supported this club since I was a toddler, my mum has been a Manly supporter for upwards of 50 years - how dare anyone question that because we've chosen to not play the recently-devised 'membership' game due to the way a club legend was treated.

Although I suppose if paying your membership is the only way to be a 'true supporter', most of those respective 30+/50+ years don't count, since the AFL-copycatting club membership 'thing' hasn't been around for much more than a decade? Guess none of us were 'real' supporters before then, hey?

FWIW, I didn't support the Northern Eagles either - I studiously ignored the NRL for the whole time that abomination existed. I support Manly, not some cobbled-together pile of garbage the No Real Leadership tells me I support.

Each to their own.

I don't go to any games and I'm a member?
What's your point about 1 game memberships?

I choose to support the club by being a member.
That's a different situation. You sign up to one of the options they advertise at the start of the season.
What I'm talking about is when they advertised tickets for instance the Raiders game, and if you bought a single ticket it included some of the member benefits. It's a joke.

email from the club and on their website (I think)

This season we broke our all-time Membership Record with 13,351 Members in what was an amazing effort by Sea Eagles fans across Australia and overseas.

Members are the lifeblood of our club and your contribution to the Club is invaluable. Money raised through Membership goes directly towards improving our training and medical facilities and impacts our on field performance.

We would like to extend a big thank you to you and everyone who joined as a Member in 2016. Your support and dedication means a lot to everyone here at the Club and it's great to have fans like you behind us.

Your Membership makes us Stronger Together.

See?

So money goes to help the team (not the penns pockets) and our support means a lot! so we're not irrelevant!

So everyone can renew with a clear conscious! ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Always thought it was a bit funny how a lot of people on here hate zorba but the same people who don't like him at all.....place soooooooo much stock when he said the word 'irrelevant' that they all went wah wah wah all the way home.

We should all by memberships for the children of our friends who aren't Manly fans.

nothing like seeing my st george friends faces when their kids receive my manly membership packs!

lol

peace and happiness to all :)

I am now going back to watch American ninja warrior

Seeing as battlebots is now over - boo

Thanks for picking up on the spelling mistake. God forbid.

If you choose to base your membership around if you think the team will be successful or not, if you dislike players or not, if you dislike the management choices - that's up to you.

But there at a lot of people out there who support the team regardless of personal opinions or success.
That was my point to Mark and regardless of people's personal opinions on membership numbers - we hit a record number this year.
This forum was about who will and who won't - your entitled to do what you want - as am I.

And I'll happily be a Manly Member in 2017.
Becoming a member only supports the owners. You don't need to be a member to support the players. I'll go to the odd game but membership numbers are only important to Penn & Co. Players wouldn't care less how many members the club has.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4