will Will be Origin fullback??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree, but you were suggesting moving Will to fullback not Gas.

Plus I was all for Idris for game 1 but his form has been anything but outstanding since he missed out. Gasnier wasnt outstanding in game 1 but he did enough.

I would think the more likely option is Hayne to fullback, shift Hoppa to wing and then bring in Idris.

Otherwise Gidley to fullback and bring someone else in.

I seem to be 1 of the lone rangers that would be happy with Minichiello at the back

Is great under the highball, made some red hot takes against the Warriors on the weekend, returns the ball strongly, and the pressure of the occassion won't get to him at all

If Stewart had an extra 6 weeks under his belt he would canter into the spot

I was listening to the start of talkin sport on the way home and Tunksie had a bit of a rant asking why Snake is not the fullback. Apparently Mini's stats this year, especially his kick return metres are very poor.

Stuart says Brett's not fit enough yet, but he picked King for the first one when he hadn't played for a month.

If I was a neutral, I'd say Stewart should have been selected in front of Dugan. Despite only being a few games back, his form is outstanding.

As a Manly fan, I say move Hayne to FB, Hoppa to wing and Idris into centre. I'll be disappointed if NSW lose but I'd be devastated if snake got injured playing for NSW. In fact I want to see Manly beat the cowgirls more than I want NSW to beat QLD.

I'm still scared when Brett does anything on the field!

Afraid he's going to get injured again and miss another year.

Leave out of Origin this year. Next year he'll be back to his best and be the NSW #1 and lead us to GLORY!

I don't think Snake is quite ready, as in I don't think he's back to his best just yet. I think Origin probably came around about 4 weeks too early for him. Thats not to say I think he's playing badly, but if you think he's going well now wait for him to string 5-6 games together then you'll see the snake of old.

clontaago said:
Gasnier wasn't outstanding in game 1 but he did enough.

You reckon? I thought that he was atrocious.

He did nothing in that game. Even a one armed Willie Tonga was better than him and he and Boyd owned him all night.

To me, he is way past his prime and is being picked on ancient history from prior to his union stint. As far as I'm concerned (and it is only my opinion), he is nothing but an over-rated has-been and shouldn't have been picked and should never be picked again.

I thought Minichiello was on standby. So if that's the case then he will slot into fullback if Dugan is out injured.

Jethro said:
clontaago said:

He did nothing in that game. Even a one armed Willie Tonga was better than him and he and Boyd owned him all night.

To me, he is way past his prime and is being picked on ancient history from prior to his union stint. As far as I'm concerned (and it is only my opinion), he is nothing but an over-rated has-been and shouldn't have been picked and should never be picked again.

That wasn't his fault. It was because of the poor service from the inside. If they had picked a combination where they had a lot more experience together then they would have destroyed the Maroons ....

I didn't see gasnier really given any space or room to do anything in origin 1, as shown by Boyd getting a couple of times the ball he was getting was right on the defensive line

As far as his form this season, clearly the best nsw centre and by a fair margin on club form

Rodo said:
I thought Minichiello was on standby. So if that's the case then he will slot into fullback if Dugan is out injured.

I am pretty sure that no one is on standby yet, and it is just media speculation that Minichiello is in line to be the replacement.
So in reality, they could do anything still if Dugan is ruled out.

It was just an idea - everyone in the media keeps talking just Mini & Hayne & to me Hoppa is a way better option than Mini & not far off Hayne who i rate big time.

I am glad Mini got picked for a few of reasons;

1. I don't want any more Manly players involved.

2. I dont think Stewart is 100% match fit yet, he would of done a great job if picked.

3. Mini wont let anyone down and it is great reward for battling through tough times and fighting back.

Jethro said:
clontaago said:

Willie Tongan had one arm and destroyed Gasnier. Even his smaller teammate Boyd crunched him. too much french champagne weakened this fella with the famous surname.

Gaz's defence was good but his attacking skills were NUL and Void!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7